• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 griso slip on muffler

Swift

Just got it firing!
What is the best slip on muffler for a2013 griso? and will the fueling have to change?

Welcome to the Forum and Famiglia.
It depends on what you're looking for, and how much you want to spend. I have a few of mine in stock still; http://guzzitech.com/store/category/30-griso

Even bone stock, the fueling needs modified in my extensive research and years of fuel correction.

Post again.

Best muffler questions are much like "How long is a piece of string".
It depends on what you like.
Both sound and looks factor into it.
I have Todds right side exit pipe on mine. The sound is good, but was a little loud to me without something in it to quiet it down, so I put something in it. I understand he has since started offering a db killer of sorts. The main thing I like about it though is the looks. The right side exit muffler looks great. It helps the CARC not look so bulky and it opens up the left side so the wheel is just hanging there.
But mostly it is a matter of taste. Todds mufflers, the ones I have seen, are nicely made. There are other brands out there but they tend to be more mass produced. Before Todds pipe I had a Quat-D on it and it worked well enough. It just did not look as cool to me.

You can't go wrong with one of Todd's pipes. I've gotten 2 from him...and am tempted to get a third, since he keeps coming up with something new that I want! I started out with one of his "original" GT-RX slip-ons, upgraded from that to my current set up which is a left side titanium shorty with Y-pipe. If I had the extra $ laying around, I'd now spring for the underbody titanium.
All of Todd's pipes are extremely well made, top quality and in my humble opinion, look fantastic on the bike. More importantly, they sound great!
For me the original GT-RX slip on was not even close to being too loud, and as mentioned can be fitted with a db killer if you like a quieter exhaust.

I am currently running the shorty without the db killer and it is probably a bit too loud for most - but as is just sounds too good to me to put the db killer back in. If ridden somewhat conservatively, it isn't so loud that the neighbors hate me. Open it up though and at WOT I am rewarded with an exhaust that sounds better than anything else I have heard...on any bike. I have gotten the same feedback from a bunch of my riding buddies as well.

I will also endorse the fueling mods Todd can provide - I have them all (air box, filter, ECU reflash, and PCV) and it has been money well spent.

Back