• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Agostini Racing Headers for Late Moto Guzzy V7

warendt

Just got it firing!
Offered by AF1. Anybody have any experience or information on these?

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,244
Nope. They look to be larger diameter, which with exhausts, or even intakes, is not always a better thing. Also note that H-pipe appears to be same size as main pipes...IME not the best design.

Somebody should get them and dyno before and after to really know what's up.

I spoke with the manufacturer of these pipes and the mufflers for Agostini here at EICMA yesterday, I will ask him today about any power gains reported.

Awesome - would be curious. Although, the pipes shouldn't cost what they are charging, IMO.

370_racer said:
Awesome - would be curious. Although, the pipes shouldn't cost what they are charging, IMO.

In your opinion...... What do you think they should cost?

Regards, Paul

Considering a standard U-J mandrel bend is about $50 retail, add on few welds per side, some hardware and some straight pipe...once a good jig is setup I say it shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours to do it. Say $200 in material(overkill)...I'd price the total at $500 max for a pair.

All this is justifiable provided increase in diameter really yields increase in power. It probably does bump up the top end but I'd bet it robs more torque down low. But I'd love to be proven wrong - I'm just a bench-racer on a sideline here B)

370_racer said:
Considering a standard U-J mandrel bend is about $50 retail, add on few welds per side, some hardware and some straight pipe...once a good jig is setup I say it shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours to do it. Say $200 in material(overkill)...I'd price the total at $500 max for a pair.

All this is justifiable provided increase in diameter really yields increase in power. It probably does bump up the top end but I'd bet it robs more torque down low. But I'd love to be proven wrong - I'm just a bench-racer on a sideline here B)

Many folks seem willing to pay those inflated prices for a silencer. Sometimes more then 10% of MSRP of the bike...... Cause it sounds soooooooo good. I don't get it either? :eek:hmy:

Paul

Todd, really interested to hear from Agostini if there's any performance gains. Does anyone know the weight of the stock or Agostini headers?

roadscum said:
370_racer said:

Many folks seem willing to pay those inflated prices for a silencer. Sometimes more then 10% of MSRP of the bike...... Cause it sounds soooooooo good. I don't get it either? :eek:hmy:

Paul

Sometimes the act of modifying your vehicle and making it a bit more unique with these brands is half the fun. With the money spent on our bikes + mods most could have gotten something much faster but then again, the price-gain ratio from mods isn't always the main consideration when making these purchases.

It's silly, but I'm almost tempted to pick these up myself. At that point, PC would really be required, but that's even more $$$.

More info, per AF1:
Agostini Racing Headers for '08-'12 V7 Classic, and '11-'12 V7 Racer
Delivered exactly as seen in the above photo (silencers NOT included), this racing exhaust system is made from high strength stainless steel, yet weighs only about 1/2 as much as the stock header system.

This header set has an increased internal diameter of 45mm (stock is only approximately 32mm) to allow more rapid and efficient exhaust flow.

These headers are compatible with any Agostini Slip-On exhaust offered by AF1 Racing, and can even be used with the stock exhaust canisters.

This header set is not in stock at all times, at maximum, a 3-4 week wait can be experienced.

GT-Rx® said:
I spoke with the manufacturer of these pipes and the mufflers for Agostini here at EICMA yesterday, I will ask him today about any power gains reported.

So, any word on this?

370_racer said:
So, any word on this?
None. What I am hearing from the builder is that they are mostly for weight and looks. So take that FWIW.

I will be starting my full 2-1 system after the first of the year.

Back