• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Exhaust

wforider

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Todd what reports have you heard on the Minstrals or AGostini …do they have any over run popping or idle problems going on just stock.
Or do they need some sort of mapping help.

I want to jump for the pipes but not ready to have running problems like the ones above.

Thanks for any insight or hear say…lol

Cheers,

Joe

I have the stainless steel Agostinis, and love them. No idling problems whatsoever. I test rode with and without DB killer (which are set into place with lock rings. Sound is awesome and I ride at this point with the DB killers in place. AF1 in Austin, TX recommends an option to do a different fuel mapping with 'REXXER" mapping software. I personally don't see the need to do that, since you can choose various engine mapping options on the Guzzi itself (rain, touring and sport). So if you like to be aggressive just choose the sport option. Hope this helps.

Some folks also recommend the Mistral (stainless) pipe. They look nice as well.

p

I've had little exposure to the Cali 1400 so far as to mods. However, I have seen the air/fuel data, and it is just as bad as every other Guzzi of late. Both brands of mufflers are pretty good, so just a cost/look decision.

The stock variable mapping just changes the amount of power (torque) delivered to the rear wheel, it does not change the fueling.

I can't feel a difference at all, other than sound......love them. If there is a difference then it's minor. As far as cost goes, the Mistrals are probably a little cheaper. For a source in the US, you can get them at AF1 in Austin, TX.

As far as engine mapping the sport is the most aggressive form of driving the 1400 Cali. I definitely feel an immediate quicker throttle response. The torque on the rear can be managed with another setting on the traction control (3 options for the computer to intervene). Here is a document I found about the 1400 Cali fancy computer options:

harpermoto.com/pm65/Moto%20Guzzi%20California%201400_Product%20Guide.pdf

Todd, when you refer to bad, do you mean 'lean' for the fuel delivery? If so why is that bad? Power, torque, temperature? Not too knowledgeable about that. Thanks

p

Ploose thanks for the information, think Im going to pull the trigger on some agositinis. Will call AF1 tomorrow.

Did You install the cans yourself, was taking off the OEM a wresting match or not much trouble.

I too would like more info on the Guzzi lazy mapping if tha'st the case.
What can we or you do to tighted our ships and how.

Basically whats the upside and the down side.

Sounds like there is more latitude on tuning on these bikes

Cheers,

Joe

Getting the old exhaust off and Agostini install is easy. AF1 can tell you more about the mapping. Have fun with the Agostinis.

p

Just ordered the Agostini's today from Ed.They had a set of black ones in stock.
So looking forward to a little rumble.

ploose said:
Todd, when you refer to bad, do you mean 'lean' for the fuel delivery? If so why is that bad? Power, torque, temperature? Not too knowledgeable about that.
All modern machines meet very strict Euro emissions requirements... then add the EPA's fuel vapor recovery systems which uses engine vacuum (read engineered air intake leak --which all other global markets do not have I believe), and a "stepper motor" that bleeds air into the intake tract to control idle, and you're looking at über lean fueling. Based on all of my experience and seeing the air/fuel data on this bike too, those knowledgable in tuning/air-fuel ratios cringe at the sight. They are run VERY lean in the low-speed/cruise ranges, even leaner then what is considered target (Stoichometric @14.7) for a water-cooled power plant. Feeding the motor some fuel boosts not only power, but has proven to lower the engine temps significantly. Downside on occasion is fuel consumption, but on average, most people experience better MPG's as the motor is making more power at lower RPMs in addition to running substantially cooler. I'll be posting some hard data in the near future, and I'm working on mufflers myself to offer, which will be FAR below pricing on the current offerings. Any takers for full stainless "reverse megaphone look" mufflers, non-removable db-killer versions are $749.95, or the louder versions (no db-killer accommodations) for $699.95? I'll have pics and sound clips up in the next few weeks.

Todd

I'll be posting some hard data in the near future, and I'm working on mufflers myself to offer, which will be FAR below pricing on the current offerings. Any takers for full stainless "reverse megaphone look" mufflers, non-removable db-killer versions are $749.95, or the louder versions (no db-killer accommodations) for $699.95? I'll have pics and sound clips up in the next few weeks.

Will this also extend to headers, cross-over, etc

Regards

Tuono

Just installed Agostini exhaust.

I have a few notes to add.

First off, i love the sound, at idle and low RPMs 2500ish it sounds very nice. I have only run on Touring mode so cant say anything on the other modes as of yet. I do not like the fit of the Agostini pipes, there is a considerable gap compared to the stock pipes. Also, i did get a little popping noise when hard off throttle or de-acceleration, this i dont much care for.

I did purchase a K&N filter to replace the stock however, i am wary of this as to increase the popping at hard off throttle.
Todd noted the lean nature of the bike so I am leery at increase the air by increasing the air flow.

I aim to run the bike using the different modes before i change/increase the air flow by means of adding the K&N filter first to get a good sense of the function of the bike.

Can i pose a question to everyone, or Todd, can the computer be changed to match the incresaed air flow, if i decide to change the air filter and remove the DB killers of the Agostini pipes ???

mikeaedmonds said:
Can i pose a question to everyone, or Todd, can the computer be changed to match the incresaed air flow, if i decide to change the air filter and remove the DB killers of the Agostini pipes ???
I've successfully reflashed the ECU for a stock bike (been enjoying it for a week or so), and I should finally have my mufflers finished to show off next week, along with some dyno time, and completing the install of the Power Commander and AutoTune-300 (this weekend!).

Contact me direct email for more info.

Todd

Hello Todd,

I have not decided which way to go with the pipes..tho Im leaning towards the whole system (then Id ceramic coat them)
I will also change the airbox/filter when available. So here come the question.
Do I need to have the fly by wire recalibrated? If so is there a cost effective program out there? It gets old doing a 400 mile round trip....
Well unless I'm riding...LOl

Thanks
Mike

Hello Todd, I have not decided which way to go with the pipes..tho Im leaning towards the whole system (then Id ceramic coat them) I will also change the airbox/filter when available. So here come the question.
Do I need to have the fly by wire recalibrated? If so is there a cost effective program out there? It gets old doing a 400 mile round trip....
Well unless I'm riding...LOL
Hi Mike, if you're asking about having the fueling re-calibrated, my suggestion is a big yes. The fly-by-wire has zero adjustment options outside of a TPS reset. Yes, it will change when you modify the intake (lid and filter), and cost effective wise, nothing I can suggest is cheap or easy. What I offer is what works very well. I've been running the full system for the last few weeks, and it's pretty incredible as to seat of pants gains. I hope to get on the dyno in the next week or so.

Great look forward to the dyno results. I guess the TPS reset must be done by a dealer. Am I correct?
OBTW the license plate I purchased looks great...It shows off the tire nicely..easy install..
Thanks

Hello,

Nice website. I am wondering why no one seems to make a 2 into 1exhaust for the new California.

Thanks
Big Bear

Hello, Nice website. I am wondering why no one seems to make a 2 into 1exhaust for the new California. Thanks, Big Bear
Complexity of the design without it being awkward, and expense since only a few would ever spend the money on one, along with the gains would be tough to document.
If you want one, I can custom build one for you, cost would be ~$1600 in stainless, less in coated steel. Interested? If so, email me direct and we can talk; Todd at GuzziTech.com
mgmike, sure you saw the dyno graph posted here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx®-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

Yes! Nice improvements...I will start to purchase as soon as dealer corrects warranty issues.
Water in lights, Broken seat tabs and yes still hard starting... I sure hope to have resolved by
next week. Thank goodness I have 2 other bikes to ride.

Thanks for all your input and research!

Image I went with Minstral carbon fiber cans. Look great sound great. I tried with and with out and opted to keep the db killers in. No issues with popping or idle. Can't compare to stock as I had dealer install them before I took delivery.

Back