• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1994 Lemans Ultima Edizione finally got here

Supaflee

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have been hunting now for a couple of years for this bike .
Gotcha.
Hey there "Rocker" ,,,,,,what about this ??
regards Supaflee

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 001.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 001.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 594
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 002.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 002.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 593
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 003.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 003.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 595
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 004.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 004.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 595
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 005.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 005.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 594
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 006.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 006.jpg
    755.5 KB · Views: 594
  • Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 007.jpg
    Moto Guzzi Lemans 1994 Ultima Edizione 007.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 594
Congratulations! That's the first Ultima Edizione I've ever seen that hasn't been red.......in fact I never knew they were anything but red. But I always loved the black & gold colour scheme that was available on some LMs in the UK, If that was my bike that's the route I would take and get the wheels done in gold as a start......I'm afraid I think the white ones look dire!

I gotta agree with your comments about the white wheels Will. YUK !!!!!

But I dont want to mess with the intrinsic value of the bike , by changing things . Its my understanding , when this bike came into New Zealand new , from the factory , it had white wheels .

I'll try to establish a direct paper trail to see that Im correct however.
Meantime Im just going to be cleaning it up and getting it looking nicer ,"for what it is".

Im trying to get a MkV user manual from somewhere , any help will be good .
What is the small Knurled aluminium knob on the dash panel in pic 5 , what does that do ?
Do you have any info regards the adjustments for the front suspension.?
If it wasnt so darned windy here today Id be out riding , meantime Im cleaning it up here and there , you know what thats like . Some call it "bonding" with your bike . I gave up doing that 40 years ago, but they still hold a degree of facination for me , so now I just call it cleaning .
Regards Supaflee

The knurled knob is the headlight adjuster, IIRC. The spring preload is adjusted by the top hex. Clockwise is less. There are 5 turns, again IIRC. :D Damping is by the top knurled nut, clockwise is less.

Thanks for that Chuck In India . Great info!!!
I'll see where the settings are all adjusted to at present , and then set it up again for my own personal needs .
The rear shocks are preload adjustable only , by the look of them , they are the original Koni's from way back . They're presently set on the second knotch from the bottom ,ie, least compression setting.
Have a Merry Christmas
Regards Supaflee

If the rear shocks are the original Koni's they will have damping adjustment on the top, but you have to take the sidecovers off to get to it :roll:

Should look good after a clean up and polish. My first thought was who in the hell changed those wheels from red to white :sick: but if it came from the factory that way then that's how they should stay ;)

Ah thanks double.d , ok I'll look up under the sidepanels for a rebound damping adjuster . Thanks for that .
Yep Im hoping someone is going to say there was never a model with white wheels , but , today I saw an original photo on the internet , and you guessed it ,,,,,,, black bike 1994 Lemans V ,bloody white wheels , and they look crap as well .
So thats it , Im not changing the colour .
Regards Supaflee

Don't expect too much from the front suspension adjustment....it might have been state of the art back then but is sadly lacking compared to todays forks! I ended up replacing the internals. The Dial-a-ride Koni rear shocks have the adjustment wheel under a rubber or plastic cover at the top of the springs offering a choice of 5 settings. You shouldn't need to remove the side panels to access them. I found mine handled much better for real world roads if set softer than Koni's recommendations. It seems they expect every road to be a billiard table smooth race track surface.

1994 Mk V Lemans Ultima Edizione ,
I'd like to ask if anyone can help me with a Manual or Users/ Operators handbook for this bike .
What octane fuel should I be putting into her , what tyre pressures should I have for normal spirited riding , and does anyone have a pic of what the onboard "Tool Kit" should look like please ?
I was given numerous Guzzi tools and its my intention to get a little leather pouch made so I can store them in the back end without rattling or causing death to anything else . A pic of an original tool pouch would be great , as would a scanned copy of the original Operators Manual.
Remember , its the time for giving , and goodwill , so Cheers to all the info providers !!!!
Regards Supaflee

I did a web search but no luck. The part number for the baseline manual is 28 90 00 61 and there is a supplement that came with it for the Mk V series machines. You might be able to order them from a dealer. Good luck.

I have a fair amount of Mark 4 stuff that would apply in digital form. Workshop manuals, owners manuals, parts manuals..
I could try to send it to you in a PM, but I don't know the size limits..

There's something about that big 2-valve engine that stirs my blood, looks like a man's engine! Sadly the bodywork doesn't rock my boat so much, that's why I'm changing my mk4. They are still lovely bikes to ride, congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you'll love it.

Tyre pressures are 33psi front, 36psi rear, by the way.

When I had mine I got a good reproduction manual (+ the supplement ) and a parts book from Corsa Italiana in London. If they don't have them MotoMecca might (also in UK).
I ran it on 'super unleaded' fuel 97 octane. There was the remains of a sticker recommending high octane on the tank. On ordinary unleaded it tended to pink / ping a bit.....not seriously but it was much happier with the extra couple of octane.
Tyre pressures? I ran mine higher than the 33 / 36 Figaro mentions. From memory it was 36 front, 38 rear. I guess it depends on what tyres you use. Mine had some awful Pirellis on when I got it (it didn't like the 'modern' tread pattern). Then I tried old style Contis which were OK & finally settled on Bridgestone BT45s as a good blend of grip on both wet & dry roads and they gave reasonable mileage.

Will said:
When I had mine I got a good reproduction manual (+ the supplement ) and a parts book from Corsa Italiana in London. If they don't have them MotoMecca might (also in UK).

I live just down the road from Corsa Italiano, Supaflee, should you wish to go down this road and need it picking up/sending.

Back