• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Top speed hit on your Guzzi

Corn Oil Kid

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
On my v65 I think I was over a ton, as the speedo kept on going long past the 80mph limit.

I hit 118 or so indicated on my Bassa more than once. And on my Breva 1100 I have hit an indicated 125mph. The Breva speedo is pretty darn accurate, so I'm confident that it broke through 120, and it still had a wee bit more to give, but ran out of room! :twisted:

Well, stock for stock I couldn't say... but I've seen 139 indicated (many times at higher elevations) on my modded/but stock motored Stelvio, and I had my highly-modded Jackal's speedo needle down to the right eagle's wing on the Veglia below (my speedo when it turned 100k miles). I tested the Coppa Italia V11S for CW Mag back in '05, and it showed 140mph on the speedo, went 139 on the radar gun.
:mm: :happy:

100kSpeedo_TE.jpg

201kph on my 2 valve 1200 Sport (as registered on the ECU) - still accelerating, albeit less than the first bit, but ran out of room - fully loaded coming back from a rally - stable as.

I once saw 135 on my LeMans V but that was on the stock Vague-liar speedo!
125 on my Griso 1100 with it refusing to rev any more.
A similar speed on the G12 8v but with more revs available if I'd wanted.
I've never ridden my Airone, Falcone or T3 Cali to the limit out of mechanical sympathy and rider comfort
Proudest moment? 33mph on my Ercole despite massive clutch slip :lol:

134 per the max speed on the trip log on my Griso 1100.

134 on a 1100 Griso, that is rocking it, were you going down hill or a flat? Don't thinkI could coax that much out of my Breva 1100.

Hi,

1,5 year back I accelerated with my G12 till nearly 7000 revs in 6th on a local road... :whistle:
Sitting up nearly straight (fighting position), head and open helmet fighting against the wind...
When I got to the party where I was going, I saw I reached exactly a mark...:

My Griso was still in the accelerating mode at that point.
I was very satisfied with me and my G12 and took an extra beer... :mrgreen:

Ad B

Attachments

• Speedy.JPG
    Speedy.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 878
OK, I'll play.

Saw 118mph on my EV, but we all know what that likely really was, i.e., maybe 105?

And, saw 126 on the Ballabio once, but I could barely hang on and was running out of road by that time, too.

But, ah, that Griso, what a beast.

GrisoGusto.jpg

OK, perhaps something's not quite right.

Here's the Norge's top ... with me on it, anyway. I don't think either one of us had much left at this point.

Norge130mph.jpg

And, of course, there's always a risk with such "tests."

OhOhinUnionCounty.jpg

2012-09-24_15-23-57_173.jpg

photo9.jpg

Bill

My 2004 Breva 750 hit 105 mph on the speedo once. That probably is 95 true on GPS - or maybe a leetle better.

A few months later I was out on a warm day in Spring of 2014:

BrevaDoesTon.jpg

Speedo was reading about 107 and the Baby Brev still had a little (very little) steam left. Stock except for Mistral exhaust & crossover pipe (DB killers in), and an ECU reflash by Todd. I love this bike!

'Geezer

Had 127 on my Breva 1100 last year, flat on the tank, knees and elbows in, tucked behind the screen, it was still slowly going up, but I was running out of road.

Back in 1990 on my 1988 Spada Mk II, on the A303 in Hampshire, UK, I got clocked at 123mph. It was a speed trap, one cop on a bridge over the road, the other in a car parked 2 miles further on. I wasn't flat on the tank by a long way. Touring fairing and luggage. It cost me fine and a 2 week ban.

I got 108 showing in the V7R while still accelerating, but running out of room. That should be right at the ton and 15-20 mph more to go.
Bare

My Garmin recorded this speed while mounted on my Stelvio. Todd's fueling package is awesome.

Must be a Garmin thing, my ute (light truck) recorded a speed of 212kph .................................... in my garage, it's big.
What makes it totally unbelievable, the ute is speed limited to 200kph.

Back on topic, I regularly delete my max speed on Bella's dash so Popo can't be a smart arse and book me for it.
Will take a photo next time I pin it.

My old Cali EV has never seen more than 75 on the clock since I've owned it, I know it'll likely do a lot more than that but somehow the engine just feels comfortable at that speed :D
Just to prove I'm not a right wimp though I have seen 135 on the clock of my GSX1400 and 155 on my old Triumph 900-on a private track of course ;) ;) ;)

Corn Oil Kid said:
134 on a 1100 Griso, that is rocking it, were you going down hill or a flat? Don't thinkI could coax that much out of my Breva 1100.
Was on a pretty flat stretch of road. I don't think that the speedo accuracy was too far off, as the friend I was riding with clocked a similar top speed on that run.
I'm sure it goes without saying that my G11 is not stock :D

I did 133 on Griso 8v. It was effortless and quick. The highway had an upslope and i was at 7500rpm. I want to do it once more on a flatter road.

tumblr_mvyoznNTjW1smqzpho1_1280.jpg

cheers,

Abhi

Not tremendously fast... but as fast as I could go!

126.368 MPH on a "stock" '73 V7 Sport.

Hey Corn Oil, is the Oswego Drag Raceway still there?

Alex

Back