• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Updates to the Q

Papasloan

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have had my Q for 10 years now. Thought it was time to do some updates.
First was a new headlight. I mounted an early 90's fzr600 Yamaha headlight with a H4 bi xenon bulb. The light pattern is much better than the stock headlight. And a lot brighter.
Second item was new springs in the front. I used Sonic 1.0 kg springs. This firmed up the front end quite a bit. It now handles like a proper motorcycle with out being too harsh. I changed tires at the same time so that had something to with the handling also.
3rd item is a power Commander pcV with autotune. The Q always had incorrect fueling. I had a pc III on it and even with custom mapping it was not correct. I had the opportunity to ride a Stelvio with the pcv and autotune. It was amazing. When I found out I could get one for the Q I jumped on it.
So far it is some of the best money spent. I'm not done with the fueling yet and it carburetes beautifully so far. It should have been this way from the factory. The engine is smoother and revs more freely.
Cant say enough about the PCV along with the Autotune module. It readjusts the changes for the fuel map while you ride. No extra money for the Dyno services to tune the map. Its do it yourself.
Thanks Todd for keeping me informed.

do you have any more info on the PCV with autotune?

what part number for the PC V
Where did you place the O2 sensor
What map did you use for a baseline?

Brian, there is no part #. I handle/supply all of them as Dynojet does not support older models (pre-09) with the PC-V. Contact me direct e-mail for info. Price used the AT-300 (dual 02-sensors) for his unequal header length exhaust system.

I had no idea that the PCV could be fitted to the Quota. Got the PCIII, oh well too late now, an O2 sensor seem like it would improve things. I'm guessing the AT-300 doesn't work with the PCIII??

I also did the Yamaha head light conversion and the Triumph Tiger hand guards as posted on Greg Bender's This Old Tractor site.

GT-Rx said:
Brian, there is no part #. I handle/supply all of them as Dynojet does not support older models (pre-09) with the PC-V. Contact me direct e-mail for info. Price used the AT-300 (dual 02-sensors) for his unequal header length exhaust system.

Is this the best option for the Quota, or an ECU reflash? I just bought my Quota about 4 weeks ago and am just trying to educate myself. This is my first Guzzi, and I am sure it can run smoother. I am getting around 30 mpg and that seems really bad, along with running a little rough. Need to get the TPS set, probably a trip to the dealer.

Thanks, Scott.

96ssportsp said:
GT-Rx said:

Is this the best option for the Quota, or an ECU reflash? I just bought my Quota about 4 weeks ago and am just trying to educate myself. This is my first Guzzi, and I am sure it can run smoother. I am getting around 30 mpg and that seems really bad, along with running a little rough. Need to get the TPS set, probably a trip to the dealer.

Thanks, Scott.

Be sure your dealer understands the, er, uniqueness of the Quota's FI, if not, find someone who does, properly sorted they are very nice

96ssportsp said:
Scott, welcome to the Forum, and congrats on the Quota.
As Jon states above, set up can be a little frustrating on the single throttle body of the Q. Not many dealers will know how to do it. Yes, TPS setting is important, as is flow to each throttle body. If the ambient air temp is cold still, they don't get good mileage. As the temps come up, so will the MPGs. The easiest is a PCIIIusb. Plug and play, and almost everyone that uses them correctly gets good results. Shockingly there are still many nay-sayers... folks who rip them off stating they were horrible (read not set up or mapped properly, nor the bike set up correctly). Or I can get you the PC-V & AutoTune, which is simply the best (and most expensive) technology out there, but it works amazingly well.

Feel free to write me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

I guess my latest update is going to be a new left hand switch gear. Running the dual headlights has melted my Guzzi dimmer switch. The one Im looking at is a Suzuki V-Strom, hopefully gaining 4 way flashers from the swap.

Has anyone done an upgrade on handlebar switches?

Hope everyone has a great 2014.

Twinsport said:
I guess my latest update is going to be a new left hand switch gear. Running the dual headlights has melted my Guzzi dimmer switch. The one Im looking at is a Suzuki V-Strom, hopefully gaining 4 way flashers from the swap.

Has anyone done an upgrade on handlebar switches?

Hope everyone has a great 2014.

You'd be better off installing a relay. There's a limit to how much current any handlebar switch can handle.

Twinsport said:
Has anyone done an upgrade on handlebar switches? Hope everyone has a great 2014.
If you're willing to do some re-wiring, any thing is possible. Any model '00-02 Guzzi switches might just plug in. Adding a 4-way flasher will require more wiring and an additional relay. Again, all do-able.

p.s. >GodSpeed Price Sloan<

Back