• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Back where I belong

PAID BY FORD

Just got it firing!
Hi guys ,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Board. My name is Emanuel, I am 52 years old live in fort lauderdale , florida and have been riding motorcycles since i was 6 years of age. My first street bike was a brand new 1978 lemans that i purchased with, at the time all the money i had in the world during my junior year of high school and have been riding an italian motorcycle ever since. Over the years i have has some pretty nice one too. every le mans made, including the infamous cx100 so called le mans. t3 's t5, mille gt and even a old eldorado that i bought as a basket case and totally restored with the help of a few friends and the owner of the local guzzi shop at the time. Also during this period inmy garage was a 1987 ducati hailwood replica mille, a ducati 888 a laverda sfc 1000 and 2 apriias and a 2004 mv augusta agostini f4. i have truly been blessed with some pretty cool motorcycles during my lifetime, anyway in 2006 i was hit with some insane medical bills to deal with from my wife's condition from which she has thankfully fully recovered from. so i was bikeless for the first time in my adult life until last year when i purchased a new zx14r. It was nice, it was fast and it was new!!! but, something just didn't feel right. Well as of this past Friday that has all changed. I took delivery of a california 1400 custom and i have to say. I am back home where i belong!!!! Man i love this bike. No its not the fastest or the most expensive or the flashiest but what the new california custom is . well lets just say its by far the most fun motorcycle i have ever had the pleasure of owning, man i love this bike. just thought i would tell you guys that. Looking forward to chatting with you guys and learning lots from your experiences. Thanks for letting me Ramble,
Emanuel

Emanuel, well, welcome back to the Famiglia, and thanks for the post. I enjoy reading people's history with bikes, as mine is similar to yours outside of being bike-less for health reasons (though close a few times).
When folks own Guzzis, and they get in your blood, many have strayed but they always come back. I bought my first in '99 (having ridden friend's Guzzi in the earlier 90's when I was quite young), and I'll never be without one/some as my signature hints to.

Welcome to the Forum, and look forward to many more posts from you. Be sure to send me your info for the Registry; http://guzzitech.com/forum/213/11538 - contact me direct e-mail if you have any problems every in posting info/pics, etc; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Cool beans brother! i got the Guzzi bug in 1983, when the LeMans 3 was reviewed in Cycle, I was 16!

Unlike you, I didn't have the cash to buy one, but finally bought a new Bassa in 1999, and have not been without a Guzzi since.

Great to have you here, I'm in Chicago, but perhaps our paths will cross at a rally or some such. The National is in Iowa this July, maybe I'll see you there!

Thank you Todd for the warm welcome!!. are you currently working on revised fueling maps for the 1400. I for one would be very interested in the results and the chance of buying a reflash from you when its done. I am patiently waiting on a reliable delivery date of the Lafranconi exhaust system or slip on for the new bike. the only mods i have planned are the exhaust and removing the heel toe shifter and just using conventional toe shift lever thus allowing me to rest my foot farther back on the floor board. Hi corn oil thanks for welcoming me aboard. Aah yes Lemans 3 by far my favorite of all my lemans Never forget the day i walked in to my dealer and saw that insane huge white face veglia!!!. had to have it. besides i really disliked my cx100 lemans so the choice was obvious. truth be told unlike most people i liked the lemans 3 more than my lemans 1 as far as just owning and riding. Again the cx 100 lemans is kind of like the godfather 3 movie , it had the name but by no means had the right to be called part of the family!! lol

PAID BY FORD said:
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and learning lots from your experiences.
Likewise. I bet you miss that LeMans, but the 1400 Custom is not bad ride.

PAID BY FORD said:
Thank you Todd for the warm welcome!!. are you currently working on revised fueling maps for the 1400. I for one would be very interested in the results and the chance of buying a reflash from you when its done.
My pleasure... and I missed this earlier. Yes, I'm working on the fuel mapping, and more so once my Cal14C arrives this weekend or so. Did your LaFrancs come in? I'm going to develop my own muffler too. Stainless.

No go on the lafranconis, changed my mind once i found out that stain tune is developing a slip on. But now it seems i may change my mind again since you are making a slip on also! lol. Cant wait till you get a decent map for the processor. its a shame how they have to fuel these things for emissions compliance. same as with the products i work with, (ford diesels). the o.e.m mapping compared to really dialing them in is like night and day. i definitely have to look into the evap system. the fumes in my garage after riding are totally insane!!! literally makes my eyes tear if i close the garage door as soon as i park it in garage and i am around exhaust and fumes all day long.

Back