• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

rear paddock stand

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Are there any options out there to pick up the rear end on the V7s? Some sort of rear paddock stand? I know that a center stand would get it up but I thought I read that the US version center stand can only be installed with the side stand removed, unlike the European version. I prefer the side stand so I'd rather not have to take the side stand on and off and the center stand on and off. Thanks.

Got a screw in my rear tire and damn if it isn't causing a bunch of "what should I do next" as far as my options are concerned with plugging it and eventually replacing it myself or getting a shop to do it. blah. damn you screw. haven't lost any air really which is weird…screw is doing a good job of plugging.

On a US V7S you can install the Guzzi centerstand and still use the original side stand. You just have to deploy the side stand first, then the centerstand...can't put the centerstand down first. The euro side stand solves this problem. It's shorter and lets the bike lean a bit more. Evidently that was counter to some DOT rule so we get the longer side stand.

As for getting that rear tire off, you can always lift the rear end by using a rope over a rafter or tree limb. There's about 230 lbs on the rear. I'm guessing you have a Stone with cast wheel, otherwise you have a tube and no option to plug.

Peter Y.

The Pit-Bull works quite well on my Stone, plus I think you will be pleased with the quality of their products. A front stand plus a rear stand I've been using for more than 20 years on many different bikes.

fwillink said:
The Pit-Bull works quite well on my Stone, plus I think you will be pleased with the quality of their products. A front stand plus a rear stand I've been using for more than 20 years on many different bikes.

Thank you. I thought I remembered checking out pitbull but must've overlooked it.

Which front stand from pitbull did you purchase as I don't see a dedicated one for the V7 as opposed to the rear stand?

francod123 said:
Which front stand from pitbull did you purchase as I don't see a dedicated one for the V7 as opposed to the rear stand?
You can either purchase the front end stand or the hybrid. Just measure the steering head tube on the bottom so you can be sure to get the proper stem pin.

GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
You can either purchase the front end stand or the hybrid. Just measure the steering head tube on the bottom so you can be sure to get the proper stem pin.

Are you saying there's one stand that can do both front or rear? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

francod123 said:
Are you saying there's one stand that can do both front or rear? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
No. You'll need a front and rear stand if you want both tires off the ground. They make two front end stands. One picks the bike up from the bottom of the forks to allow tire removal. The other picks it up from the stem tube to allow tire and fork removal. The hybrid is does either for the front. Just have a look at the website.

GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
No. You'll need a front and rear stand if you want both tires off the ground. They make two front end stands. One picks the bike up from the bottom of the forks to allow tire removal. The other picks it up from the stem tube to allow tire and fork removal. The hybrid is does either for the front. Just have a look at the website.

Got it. I was leaning towards that but wanted to clarify your point. Thank you and thanks everyone else for your help. I could rig something up in my garage to the ceiling, some sort of pulley or something…but even though front and rear will cost you close to $400, I think it might be worth it as far as ease of use and keeping things balanced, etc.

I just modified a standard paddock stand.

One side has a 24mm socket to accept the axle nut.

The other side has a 8mm allen key socket that inserts into the end of the axle, and is locked in position with the wingnut.

Here's the bike on the stand.

No good for removing the wheel, but most other tasks can be achieved.

francod123 said:
GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
Thank you and thanks everyone else for your help. I could rig something up in my garage to the ceiling, some sort of pulley or something…but even though front and rear will cost you close to $400, I think it might be worth it as far as ease of use and keeping things balanced, etc.

I just pulled up the invoice for the centerstand and euro side stand...$359.75 but I see I got a discount from my dealer. Regular prices were: centerstand kit $269.95; lateral stand $137.27; central stand fixing screw $15.66; flanged nut M10x1.25 $.35 so if cost is an object it is cheaper to go with the centerstand than to buy the front and rear Pit Bull stands. With that said, I have the Pitt Bull front stand that lifts the bike by the steering stem and used it just today. I was rebuilding the front forks and needed to get the front end off the ground. I have used the PB stand on my last 4 bikes even though each had a centerstand. It sure is handy to have that option. Of course I could have used a floor jack under the engine.

Peter Y.

Revisiting this because I'm about to purchase some pitbull stands.

For the front stand I need a #1 pin. Now, I want to be able to lift from the stem because I need to remove my tire and forks.

Does that mean no matter which of these stands in the picture I purchase, I still have to buy the hybrid converter for $75 in addition? I was going to buy the dual lift for $210 but if I need to buy the converter in addition then I'll probably buy one of the other versions. Image

You need the head lift stand for $169.95, plus the #1 pin. The converter is for the is so you can head lift with the code F0100-100. If you want the option to lift from the fork legs, or head, then you can get the F0100-200 and the #1 pin. You can call them direct if you need more information They are a good bunch of guys. BTW, there are just a few miles from my house. Also I think Todd is selling these now, so if you purchase through him it will help support the forum.

You need the head lift stand for $169.95, plus the #1 pin. The converter is for the is so you can head lift with the code F0100-100. If you want the option to lift from the fork legs, or head, then you can get the F0100-200 and the #1 pin. You can call them direct if you need more information They are a good bunch of guys. BTW, there are just a few miles from my house. Also I think Todd is selling these now, so if you purchase through him it will help support the forum.

John, are you sure I don't need the Forklift stand (instead of headlift) plus the converter? Here's the description of the hybrid converter (lower right in picture above):

Converts a Hybrid Forklift to be able to lift from the steering stem of most modern sport bikes. Consult our front stand fitting chart to determine what pin you need for your motorcycle.

If Todd is selling than no doubt I'll purchase from him.

It's just confusing because the converter is the only description that mentions using a pin, and it also couples it with the forklift. But yes, I should contact them.

I just spoke with them. You're right John. Headlift plus #1pin is what I need. I could also get the dual lift with a #1 if I wanted the extra capability. Thanks for clarifying.

Back