• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dream bike?

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
What bike would you love/kill to have, whether it be a custom, production, one-off, whatever, but is pretty much out of reach for you?

Always want what you can't get... below is a Bellagio with V7R tank/related and a Griso exhaust. Guzzi has everything needed to build this on the shelf.
Sad to know we can't even get a plain Bellagio here in the States, even through every channel, I've tried!

Attachments

• V9R.jpg
    V9R.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 942
That is a pretty thing, Todd. It has more appeal to me that the water-cooled 1300 now in the rumor mill. For now, from the available choices, my Griso is the closest thing to perfect for my tastes. A retro standard with power, style and just the right mix of old and new tech.

GT-Rx® said:
Always want what you can't get... below is a Bellagio with V7R tank/related and a Griso exhaust. Guzzi has everything needed to build this on the shelf.
Sad to know we can't even get a plain Bellagio here in the States, even through every channel, I've tried!

That looks very good. Do they not understand that so many people would be interested in that bike? I don't get it.

At least it would shut up the folks who think those of us that want to spice up our V7s with remaps, etc. are crazy and we should "just go buy a Griso if we want more power." I test rode a Griso and it's a great bike for sure, but I really only like retro styled bikes, and I am not attracted to the look of a Griso, so why would that be a replacement for a V7? Ok, getting off topic…that's for another forum.

What would I take if I was given carte blanche? Any one of Ian Barry's Falcon Motorcycles series (10 will be made I think). Over the top? Yes. Great as a daily rider? Certainly not. I'll take one. I think the Kestrel is still my favorite among the bunch.

http://www.falconmotorcycles.com

Attachments

• DSC00481.JPG
    DSC00481.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 914
I've met, and now know Ian well. Love his creations. He's a design graduate and motorcycle enthusiast. Last we spoke in person a few years back, we was going to build one/year for 10 years (only). I think we're closing in fast on that decade, so I'm guessing he'll be moving on. No real money in it, as he has hit many snags over the years (as we all do in this type of work), so he said even if he doesn't finish 10, he's happy with everything, wherever it ends up.

Dream dream bike(s), would be both a Gambalunga and a V8 Guzzi. Just takes $ I guess.

03_moto_guzzi_gambalunga_retro25281000x6712529.jpg

Reproduction at the Solvang Museum.
moto-guzzi-v8.jpg

GT-Rx® said:
I've met, and now know Ian well. Love his creations. He's a design graduate and motorcycle enthusiast. Last we spoke in person a few years back, we was going to build one/year for 10 years (only). I think we're closing in fast on that decade, so I'm guessing he'll be moving on. No real money in it, as he has hit many snags over the years (as we all do in this type of work), so he said even if he doesn't finish 10, he's happy with everything, wherever it ends up.

Dream dream bike(s), would be both a Gambalunga and a V8 Guzzi. Just takes $ I guess.

That's very cool Todd. Yea it seems his process is getting more and more involved and complicated. I believe I read that his latest one, the White, took around 6000 hours to build. He seems to be delving deeper into the artistic and conceptual aspect of building his machines; the White is definitely a departure from the previous 3.

Yea, that's where money rears its ugly head…all you need is the money right? But something tells me guys like Ian don't just hand the bike over to whomever has the most money.

I'd have to say that at the very top of my dream bike list... ahead of the Cali Touring... is a Mission electric sportbike, in the limited edition RS setup.

rs

Back