• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New and want some feedback on norge 1200

norge 1200 seaker

Just got it firing!
Hi all,
I currently ride a BMW K100 RT 1985 that has done 260,000 kms. I want to upgrade to a more modern bike but don't want to compromise on handling or comfort.
I do a lot of two up with my wife and need to keep her happy.
I have read some reviews that the norge 1200 T is a bit spongy around corners and that the 8V is much better.
Do any of you guzzi riders have an opinion about that?
My options are to buy second hand 1200 T and retrofit better suspension.( or is that like trying to turn an apple into a banana?),. Do I just bite the bullet and fork out the money for the improved 8V model?
I value your feed back because riders of bikes know more than sales men of bikes.
Also are there any other considerations?
Regards Andrew

An older (read 2V) Norge may be a bit soft/soggy on the suspension - but this can be fixed and no not turning apples into bananas. The later 8V engined beasts are better handling beasts.

Either way, be prepared for an affair (THE Italian Mistress - Moto Guzzi - significant other need not be jealous) that will last many years. Both versions of the Norge (and the Breva and Sport for that matter) are fine touring steeds and with the usual "customisations" you can do what you like to tailor it to your special needs.

There are many threads on this forum (the best place these days) on how to change or improve your Guzzi. These include exhausts, front/rear suspension, fueling mods (always to make it run better!), ergonomics and a host of other bits and bobs you may want/may not want to do to your bike.

Where in Australia/New Zealand are you located? There are regular club meeting in QLD, NSW, VIC, WA where you can meet some Guzzista and compare real stories with those that do.

Hi Tony, and thanks for the reply. I am in Sydney (Hills district). I Know what you mean about the Guzzi mistress.
My first ever cast iron toy when I was about seven years old was a la mans 850 mark 111 and I think I caught the guzzi bug way back then. I am now 49 and think it is time to give in to the mistress.
Cheers Andrew

Andrew,

MGOA NSW holds its next meeting at the Friend In Hand Hotel in Glebe on 11th Feb from around 6.30PM. Come on down and talk to the TechSpurts and meet a few Guzzista.

I am planning on being there, bar bad weather or some other calamity.

Hi Andrew,

I ride a 2012 8V Norge. This is my first Moto Guzzi so I can't compare the bike against the earlier version. But have been riding cruisers and adventure bikes for the past 30 years.

From my view point I'm very happy with the bike. From a comfort view point I can ride 1000km's in a day without a problem. I'm 6 foot 2 inches and have no problems with the sitting or footpeg height. I have set the suspension at the mid setting and am happy with the ride and handling.

I can also ascertain the mistress part. She does grow on you.

POP0404

Andrew,

Not a lot of 2 up riding. Just a couple of short trips day trips as my wife prefers to ride her own bike. No complaints from the back other than the odd thump when I may have mis read a speed limit sign. :S

No complaints re the comfort or bike handling.

Hopefully someone else can comment on the longer runs with a pillion.

POP0404

Hi Andrew
I have been riding a norge for about 5 years now and and only use it for touring 2 up with luggage. The standard suspension is way too soft under these conditions and found it wollowing in corners and bottoming out on big bumps etc. But the fix was easy I ordered a new Penski rear shock, made for our combined weight and a drop in kit for the front end, ordered through Guzzi Tech. The difference was instant and incredable, no more wollowing in corners or bottoming out, it just does what is expected no fuss.
Unfortunately after getting the suspension working right I have to sell my beloved norge as we are moving to an apartment and i have no where for it to live, so if you want to ride one with upgraded suspension you are welcome to take it for a ride.

Back