• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Current options for narrower bars (shorter rider as well)

archercc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I'm looking for suggestions for shorter bars, the current ones seem a little wide so coming in an inch or two would be very welcome.

The catch is I don't want to make the riding position more aggressive, I would like to keep it upright and without having to reach too far forward. The current set isn't much of an issue for me but I will be loaning this bike to my dad a lot and he isn't nearly as tall, I know the reach for the current bars would wear on him.

Re: Current options for narrower bars (shorter rider as well

Try Rizoma Bars. They have several flavors that many here use.

Per my direct e-mail as well, many of the current Motocross bars that are 1-1/8" in the center, and taper down to 7/8" at the grips can be used. Pro-Taper is the biggest brand Stateside, but many of the Euro versions are exact (metric) fit.

I have the motocross bars on my Griso and my Daytona (converted to bars). You can also use a handlebar from a V11 (a few of them, like the billybob, used bars) or a handlebar from an Aprilia. Plus, as mentioned, Rizoma makes nice bars as well as Spiegler LSL.
I like the MX bars as mine have a cross bar (not all of them do) and I use that bar to mount my GPS via my Touratech mount.

I find that the stock " wide" bars give a good riding position, and are part and parcel of an overall, great handling bike . I'm 6' 3" but even with narrower bars, shorter riders would still have to reach forward the same distance.

I'm looking for bars too. But my requirements are different. I want narrower and lower, giving a more aggressive riding position. I was thinking just completely straight. Anything like that available.

Hey Trog.
I noticed that my 1100 Griso has the Same forks as the Aprilia Falco.
Since it sounds like I have the same concerns with riding position that you have I am going to get the low rise sport-touring clip-ons that come stock on the Aprilia Falco and install those onto my Griso.

DM

Sounds cool, DM. Lets see some pics!

Back