• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Stone Head Torque

I am not sure, I never checked. Either way, I wrote a tutorial on doing the head torque for the pre-2013 models. You might find a good tip there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sign216/sets/72157627672086548/

Charlie,

I suggest you go to the downloads section and get the manual for the 2013. It will have the values you asked for and any other specifications you man need.

john zibell said:
Charlie,

I suggest you go to the downloads section and get the manual for the 2013. It will have the values you asked for and any other specifications you man need.

ACTUALLY it DOES NOT, as the 2012/ 2013+ manual for the 1TB models doesn't HAVE most of the engine assembly/repair procedures since they are deemed the same as the 2TB models therefore it is covered in the earlier 2TB V7C manuals. The new manual only covers what is "different" like the EFI components/throttle body, etc.

Kev M said:
john zibell said:
Charlie,

ACTUALLY it DOES NOT, as the 2012/ 2013+ manual for the 1TB models doesn't HAVE most of the engine assembly/repair procedures since they are deemed the same as the 2TB models therefore it is covered in the earlier 2TB V7C manuals. The new manual only covers what is "different" like the EFI components/throttle body, etc.

That manual is also in the download area. https://www.guzzitech.com/downloads/fi ... nual-09-12 Just takes a little looking for it.

john zibell said:
Kev M said:
Right, but the uninitiated might not know to look for the earlier one. ;)

They need to learn sometime. We did.

Right, but I was just pointing out that it would be more helpful to "learn them" directly by actually teaching them.

I.E. the reply would have been much more helpful if we said:

You can get the torque specs in the OEM manuals which can be downloaded (insert link).

Please keep in mind that Guzzi, like many European vehicle manufacturers doesn't come out with a new manual for each model year. They come out with an initial manual for a given platform, then publish supplements in later years when changes occur. As such MOST of the chassis and motor service information for the 1TB motors is actually found in the previous service manual for the V7C/Café/Racer 2TB models. An additional V7Stone/Special/Racer manual is available that covers the new EFI system and any other differences on the new 1TB models.

That's all I was saying...

ALTHOUGH, depending upon where BDCFE found that info he just published, there may be another piece of this puzzle, i.e. another supplement that I don't know about.

pretty sure the head torque values are in the 2013 Engine Manual, and they're different I believe. See pic.

Screen Shot 2014 08 10 at 60906 PM

Even the service manual isn't easy to interpret. Here's my take: The 2 large central nuts (#4 in the diagram) should be tightened first to 25 Nm (18.44 lb ft) and then snugged to 42 Nm (30.98 lb ft). The 2 lower column nuts (#5 in the diagram) should be tightened to 25 Nm (18.44 lb ft). The single, smaller upper nut (#6 in the diagram) should be tightened to 28 Nm (20.65 lb ft). On my 1000 km (628 mi ) servicing, I mistakenly tightened the lower column nuts to 42 Nm (30.98 lb ft). Nothing broke, but I'm not happy I did it.

Even the service manual isn't easy to interpret. Here's my take: The 2 large central nuts (#4 in the diagram) should be tightened first to 25 Nm (18.44 lb ft) and then snugged to 42 Nm (30.98 lb ft). The 2 lower column nuts (#5 in the diagram) should be tightened to 25 Nm (18.44 lb ft). The single, smaller upper nut (#6 in the diagram) should be tightened to 28 Nm (20.65 lb ft). On my 1000 km (628 mi ) servicing, I mistakenly tightened the lower column nuts to 42 Nm (30.98 lb ft). Nothing broke, but I'm not happy I did it.

That sounds about right. Yea I had to hunt to find these damn specs. So, when adjusting valve clearance, how exactly did you determine TDC?

Back