• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPS connection

Hey, i've got this plug on my 2v griso! Nice... gps here i come.

Not only on 8V I've got that green connector on my 2V G11 07 meant for GPS. Hangs around the horn on the right hand side.

Knowing about the connection is useful stuff. What is the best way of mounting the sat nav? The opening screen on my Tomtom shows a Griso with the unit in the middle of the bars. Is it just clamped onto the bars or is there a Griso specific gizmo? Thanks.

I use a RAM mount that goes into the hole in in the tripple clamp

easy to mount and remove and leaves no scratches.

Attachments

• ramb342_z.jpg
    ramb342_z.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 888
It needs to be made to fit but the manual you get with it is realy good. If you buy a Tomtom it comes with a short connection arm. The arm is short and makes a neat fit so the tomtom clears the handlebars but stays clear of the dash so it doesn't obstruct the view on the rev. counter or control lights.

Thinking of adding heated grips to my griso,would the sat nav feed be ok to use for them or would they overload it?

I cannot beleive this! 3 days ago a fitted a Tom Tom cable to my Griso 8v. If only I have seen this thread before. Not for one minute would I expect a cable to be there already.

I can take off the one I fitted now and use the one already on the bike.

Hi all,

I've been trying to connect a Garmin Zumo 350 to my Griso 8V without much luck. Thanks to this thread, I found the green TomTom plug, snipped it off, and connected the wires, but nothing happens when I turn on the ignition.

The service manual shows that the yellow and black wire is the positive one, while the blue wire is earth. I connected the positive one to the Zumo wire that has a fuse built in, and the earth to the black Zumo wire.

I wonder if the Griso's built-in wire is not getting any power from the bike? I bought a voltmeter last night, but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if I'm using it properly. I've used the Zumo in the car, so I know that the connectors on the gps itself are working.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Alan

Great - thanks so much. It's working now. I didn't run the engine last night as it was after midnight, and the other electrics start up on ignition.

Thanks again.

To bring up an old post......
Not all 2v Griso have this connection for gps. Trust me, I've traced every frickin wire and it ain't there.

commando tod said:
To bring up an old post......
Not all 2v Griso have this connection for gps. Trust me, I've traced every frickin wire and it ain't there.
Your so right, i wired my GPS from the taillight. I think its only the 1200 there got´s the GPS connection installed. :evil:

>>
I think its only the 1200 there got´s the GPS connection installed. :evil:
<<
Well, my 2008 Griso 1100 has this plug - it was (as others have stated) hidden behind wires on the right side of the steering head. Only live when the ignition is on. And another wrinkle I've not seen stated: I had to put a 3A fuse in the undocumented 6th position in the fusebox !
At least - that's how Luigi felt like doing it the day he built my bike !!

Jeremy

Back