• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 fuel filter WARNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pyoungbl said:
The OEM clamps are marked 11.3. That's the Oetiker clamp size.

Peter Y.

My tank is off but I haven't actually tackled replacing the fuel filter yet, but I should actually take a look myself before I go buying 10 different size clamps! haha!

Well, I purchased the 9mm ones too as suggested above, so I'll have both the 1/4", which clamp 7/16" to 1/2" and the 9mm and I'll see which ones work.

derylt said:
Definitely sounds like a must-do mod! What is the usual service life of the all-metal filter, Todd?
Of course I'd recommend Guzzi's maintenance interval, but you can probably easily double it. That said, I know some folks that have never changed them in 100k miles, so your call. I tend to replace them every 30k or so personally.

GT-Rx® said:
derylt said:
Definitely sounds like a must-do mod! What is the usual service life of the all-metal filter, Todd?
Of course I'd recommend Guzzi's maintenance interval, but you can probably easily double it. That said, I know some folks that have never changed them in 100k miles, so your call. I tend to replace them every 30k or so personally.

I have looked through the owners manual for my V7 and cannot find a maintenance interval for the fuel filter. I have the same experience with my Stelvio...no service interval at all.

Yea, I didn't find the fuel filter interval either. For the fuel filter a lot of manufacturers use an interval that's double the air filter interval, so that's what I do: approx 20k miles.

Thanks for the helpful advice! I was surprised that my manual ('08 1200 Sport) didn't have an interval for changing the fuel filter.

anyone got a few pointers as to how to maneuver this fucker outta the tank. it's a bitch! I'm sure it will just happen at some point during the next 30 minutes...

francod123 said:
anyone got a few pointers as to how to maneuver this fucker outta the tank. it's a bitch! I'm sure it will just happen at some point during the next 30 minutes...
Nope, just keep wiggling it around changing the angles. It will come out with very little force. Only the screen/pouch for the filter will hook.

GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
Nope, just keep wiggling it around changing the angles. It will come out with very little force. Only the screen/pouch for the filter will hook.

ok ill keep trying...it's obnoxiously difficult though!

Hello All!

I need some assistance. I changed the spongy plastic fuel filter with a metal one. While I had the tank off I decided to install a K&N filter. I put everything back together and now the idle is very rough. I took it out for spin and it hesitates at 10k then slowly moves to 20k then really kicks in at 30k-40k! I freaking pop a wheely which the neighborhood kids really liked. :shock: The bike then dies and takes awhile to start back up and then it happens all other again.

So I checked the air lines for a kink and found one was crimped, fixed it but I get the same result - hard to get going, then it kicks in but shifting down to first provides the same results. It barely moves or has power in first unless I feather the clutch and throttle it.

I have re-seated the fuel tank many times, put the old air filter in, removed my PCV and still the same. I even removed all the fuel and double checked that the fuel filter was secured properly.I :roll:

This is driving me crazy!

shawshank said:
Hello All!

I need some assistance. I changed the spongy plastic fuel filter with a metal one. While I had the tank off I decided to install a K&N filter. I put everything back together and now the idle is very rough. I took it out for spin and it hesitates at 10k then slowly moves to 20k then really kicks in at 30k-40k! I freaking pop a wheely which the neighborhood kids really liked. :shock: The bike then dies and takes awhile to start back up and then it happens all other again.

So I checked the air lines for a kink and found one was crimped, fixed it but I get the same result - hard to get going, then it kicks in but shifting down to first provides the same results. It barely moves or has power in first unless I feather the clutch and throttle it.

I have re-seated the fuel tank many times, put the old air filter in, removed my PCV and still the same. I even removed all the fuel and double checked that the fuel filter was secured properly.I :roll:

Is this a small block? Since you mentioned PCV I'm not sure.

Check connections to the air temp sensor. That should be near the airbox. Also any other connection in the area to include the engine temp sensor..

Reactions: 2nr
shawshank said:
Hello All!

40K RPM!! That's some serious RPM for a guzzi. :eek:

Did you check for kinked fuel lines? There's one the one that goes over the frame (the one that goes between both injectors). There's a natural kink in the middle of the hose by design. Check it out.

Having done a B750 fuel filter replacement, I reckon that it's very easy to install it back-to-front. Would it still allow fuel through if that was done and cause these symptoms?

I purchased a replacement Mahle all-metal fuel filter and I'm planning to install it soon in my V7 Stone. How likely will it be that I'll also have to replace the fuel pump gasket? I notice that these gaskets are not readily available in the US and they're rather pricy, costing about 2-3 times the cost of the fuel filter.

sib said:
I purchased a replacement Mahle all-metal fuel filter and I'm planning to install it soon in my V7 Stone. How likely will it be that I'll also have to replace the fuel pump gasket? I notice that these gaskets are not readily available in the US and they're rather pricy, costing about 2-3 times the cost of the fuel filter.

I used the same replacement filter. You can re-use the fuel pump gasket without any trouble. It was in nice shape and came off cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back