• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

hanging electrical leads question

nbg08

Just got it firing!
I was investigating an intermittent turn signal problem on my '13 NTX and found two electrical connectors that are hanging freely just in front of the left cylinder head and next to the top of the oil cooler. Both are two wire leads and look like -

Are these the instrument panel and ECU diagnosis connectors? If not does anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• stelvio connectors 14 04 01.jpg
    stelvio connectors 14 04 01.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 386
Thanks Wayne and Dave,

I don't have the heated grips so that might be it - I'll checkout installation instructions and see if I can confirm that this is what they are. I'll also make them a little more secure and protected - dangling and loose wires...

I found two similar connectors on my B11 and, using the wiring diagram, was able to determine they were both for optional items.

nbg08 said:
Thanks Wayne and Dave,

I don't have the heated grips so that might be it - I'll checkout installation instructions and see if I can confirm that this is what they are. I'll also make them a little more secure and protected - dangling and loose wires...

I assumed that you had heated grips.
Yes, those are for the heated grips.

Thanks Wayne,

I was looking at the wiring diagram from 2011 and first found the diagnostics plugs (wire colors are the same) and then found them up in the seat area. Then i found 14 for the heated grips. Thanks again.

Do you know if the Stelvio heated grips perform better than those on the Norge ('07 - '08; they weren't very effective on mine - I was lucky to feel any heat and didn't really help below 45)?

I have the heated grips installed and they are only OK, not going to burn your hands! My Norge was about the same. When it's so cold I want the heat I'll take even that token of comfort. That's when I am really happy to have the hand guards.

Peter Y.

Get yourself a pair of Oxford grips. THey are much hotter than the OEM ones and will work with the stock controller. You will need to change the connectors to match the new grips and lengthen the wires a bit but they are half the price and twice the heat. If you can find a set without the controller it will be even cheaper. That being said, if you get the latest model you could sell the Oxford controller on EBay since there is always someone looking for a new controller.

I have the OEM heated grips on my Stelvio and will change them out this year for the Oxfords. Just not enough heat for me. Had to buy a new set of Oxfords for my VStrom to upgrade my controller and ended up with a spare set of grips. New set of Grips with the controller will run you about $85. You can probably get 40 to $50 on ebay for the controller.

Thanks for the feedback Peter, Canuck -

I was on the fence about the heated grips. I had to get heated gloves for the Norge because those grips were 'weak'. If the Stelvio was different I would have added them to avoid carrying two pairs of gloves on marginal days; you both saved me some money and satisfaction. I'm amazed at how much protection the hand guards give from wind, that was a real surprise!

D
Get yourself a pair of Oxford grips. THey are much hotter than the OEM ones and will work with the stock controller. You will need to change the connectors to match the new grips and lengthen the wires a bit but they are half the price and twice the heat. If you can find a set without the controller it will be even cheaper. That being said, if you get the latest model you could sell the Oxford controller on EBay since there is always someone looking for a new controller.

I have the OEM heated grips on my Stelvio and will change them out this year for the Oxfords. Just not enough heat for me. Had to buy a new set of Oxfords for my VStrom to upgrade my controller and ended up with a spare set of grips. New set of Grips with the controller will run you about $85. You can probably get 40 to $50 on ebay for the controller.

Did you have to grind off the stepped ridge on the throttle grip tube radius to fit the oxford grips? The stock heated grips come with a new throttle tube.
Alan NZ

Sorry Alan, I have honestly not got around to installing them yet. Ask around as others have done this and i would also be curious to know.......

Back