• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spark plug covers '13 V7

francod123 said:
Any new developments on this Todd?
Initial investigations show it to be to costly to produce in machined aluminum. I haven't given up yet. More as I have it.

I too hate plastic. Eventually plastic does become brittle. I'd like a metal replacement that looks like
the stock item - and YES, I would buy a metal replacement.

GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
Any new developments on this Todd?
Initial investigations show it to be to costly to produce in machined aluminum. I haven't given up yet. More as I have it.

Sounds good, keep us posted with cost/potential price because I think a lot of us here would pay for a nicely machined piece.

I am wondering if the stock '13 valve covers could be modified? The stock covers have a "mushroom" skirt of extra metal.
Sand blast the cover to reveal the aluminum, remove the excess metal back to the gasket shape all round and reveal the spark plug wires in their stock position by taking excess material from that area. Shape, radius and polish, find cover bolts that complete the look you are seeking. Put head guards on under the reshaped covers. Too funky?

Nicely done Big Tex, Homemade CF? Are you selling those bits or where did you get them done? You can't just tease us with photos!

+1 what he said - Tease..

tonUPRacer said:
Nicely done Big Tex, Homemade CF? Are you selling those bits or where did you get them done? You can't just tease us with photos!

Oh, but then I would have to give up my secrets...

So, the reality is somewhat mundane, but it might give you some ideas. Those are stock metal and plastic parts "wrapped" in 3M vinyl wrap. I had some left over "carbon fiber" look vinyl pieces and wondered what it might look like to wrap some detail parts. They are very, very convincing, even up close! I'm happy.

Those are stock metal and plastic parts "wrapped" in 3M vinyl wrap.

hey now, faux CF very sneaky! No issues with heat on that vinyl wrap? It certainly had me fooled. I go back and forth whether I'd put a "modern" material like CF on a bike that is supposed to be more "retro", but I must say they look good! Thanks for the ideas!

On my recent 4,000 km trip, I found that the black plastic covers on my '14 V7S would gradually start to lift (at the wider end), presumably from vibrations. They didn't actually pop off, but I worried that they might. I don't mind the look of the plastic ones in general, but I'd be interested in (black) metal replacements if they were demonstrably more secure than the OEM ones.

I got rid of them.

p52_zps8f79b8d0.jpg

p22_zpsff6f1402.jpg

I'd rather look at the intake and plug wire.

I got rid of them.

I'd rather look at the intake and plug wire.

I did the same thing but still I'd want to close them up again...just not with that cheap plastic that came with it. With the covers off it just looks like something is missing there and wanting to be filled in, that's my only gripe.

On my recent 4,000 km trip, I found that the black plastic covers on my '14 V7S would gradually start to lift (at the wider end), presumably from vibrations. They didn't actually pop off, but I worried that they might. I don't mind the look of the plastic ones in general, but I'd be interested in (black) metal replacements if they were demonstrably more secure than the OEM ones.
Same here on my '13 V7S, I keep pushing the spark plug covers back in position after each ride... I would be very interested in metal replacements if they would be more secure. Polished ones would maybe look nice...?

Back