• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi from new member Dave in Adelaide

aussiedave59

Just got it firing!
GT Famiglia
Hi all, introducing myself - Dave ( and Lesley) from Adelaide South Australia. Long time Guzzi tragic , and this seems to be the kind of forum I'm happy to be in. Thanks Todd and the community. I've owned and worked on Guzzi's since the 80's , having owned LM11 , v50's , V7 750 , and now the first "modern " bike i've owned , a 05' Breva1100 . Nothing else in my shed is newer than 1972 , and there are a few ! Lesley and I both love to travel , and the Breva is wonderful for that. Not that my old 750 Norton ever fell short , but we are into Guzzi's here !! Hope some of my experience riding and fixing old Guzzi's will be of interest , or help and the tips available for the Breva on this forum are sure to keep it as reliable and enjoyable as a Guzzi can be.

Welcome Dave and Lesley, there is also a dedicated area below for us Aussies.

John, Adelaide is 16 hours ride from most of us in NSW - everyone is welcome, but - it's long way for an overnighter!

Tony, Thanks for the clarification. Those us on on this side of the world aren't that familiar with Australian geography. It is just I know someone in Adelaide that is in the NSW club.

John,

Probably because there is no "official" club in South Australia. However there is the very (very, very) informal group called the Moto Guzzi Appreciation Fraternity or better known as The Frats, that have regular rides and what nots (I am not allowed to call them races because they are on public roads) misled by one or two reprobates and often through the Adelaide Hills where breweries and wineries abound.

I probably should shut up now, so I don't incriminate myself and others :mrgreen: :S

Dave are you heading North East for the Ruptured Budgie Rally next month?

https://www.facebook.com/events/274588336029628/

image009.gif

Hi, and thanks for the posts, I had trouble logging back in , and then I went for a ride.........
980 k's ( 600 miles to some of you ! ) on a weekend Frat run from Adelaide to the lovely town of Penola ( South East Australia ). Yes there was a pub and wine , good food , great company. Met up with our Victorian Guzzi cousins , all up 18 ? bikes. Although NSW is a long way from where I live _ i did ride there in a day once when I was younger.( + dumber) From memory it was 11 hours on the road ! What I like about Guzzi owners is our paths do cross eventually, it is a small world despite the distances. No interstate rallies planned at the moment - saving my holidays for a bike tour thru South Africa next March !! Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave,

well fancy meeting you here and it was better meeting you in Penola and of course introducing our Breva's to each other.

Look forward to the next time our riding paths cross.

Michael

Back