• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

4th Annual Visalia NAR May 30-June 1

guzzibob

GT Reference
The weekend of May 30-June1 has been set for the 4th Annual Visalia (Ca) Not A Rally hosted by David and Jamileh Pott. Come see the beautiful Sierra foothills in spring and ride some of the best roads in the state. Sure it may be cold riding over and it may even snow on you but it's all worth it once (if) you get there. Since the weekend is 5-6 weeks later than past years we expect that weather will allow higher altitude riding than last year.

Activities include (assuming group consent) Friday nite Pizza and libations at the Pott home. Expect to pitch in $20.00 to contribute to the group dinner/drinks. Saturday will involve riding most of the day and the route will be selected by the hosts based on weather and whatever they think will be fun for the group. For the folks who don't need to head straight home Sunday, there is usually a small group ride but depends on interest. As in the past many will stay over Friday and Sat nights, but others may choose Sat night only.

There are also opportunities to join up with others heading to/from Visalia so if you're interested, post to the group and see who you can meet up with.

This being a NAR, you are responsible to make your own lodging arrangements but some rooms have been reserved at the Lamplighter with a special $59.00 room rate overlooking the parking lot, and for the more deluxe among us a few more, improved, "garden" rooms at $74/night. We are told there are plenty of rooms available, so you should be able to get whatever you need/want.. To reserve a room call 800-662-6692 and ask for the "Visalia NAR" rate. http://www.lampliter.net/for more info on the lodging.

I went ahead & booked my own room for both nights, and it was real easy. I was told all the reserved rooms have 2 queen beds, and you can confirm that when you reserve if you like.

I cant believe it's only the 4th, I thought I missed the first 2, must have been only one. At any rate, you know I'm in, and reservation has been made

Keith

That I know of, Rich R, Glenn Morgan & his nephew Charlie & his friend Todd LaBrie, Kent in Tehachapi, Pierre DaCunha, Mike aka Travlr from Az, Mike Lin, Don Garcia, Brian Harper, I think Pat & Regina Hayes, maybe Bill Ross & Bert Fox & a few others. I'll ask Jamileh to post here if she knows others. Mike Bacon was going until he crashed & burned recently. Also worth noting that compared to past years due to the mild winter & later in the year event we will likely be at much higher elevations, on roads not previously (or at least recently) part of this, like Hwy 180 deep in to King's Canyon.

I do know Jamileh has made 7PM Sat night dinner reservations at the nearby (to our base at the Lampliter Inn Motel) El Rosal Restaurant.

Here's the link (if it works) to the Facebook event page that Glenn set up:

https://www.facebook.com/events/290185104472712/.

As of now looks like at least 4 of us (me, Rich R, Don G and of course Jamileh) will be there Thursday 5/29. So if any of you are so inclined and able to, feel free to join us.

This from Jamileh Potts, our glorious Not A Leader for this Not A Rally:

OMG, you guys - Lampliter is going to provide shuttle service, as needed, from Lampliter to the Potthouse (meaning Jamileh's House, aka Rally Central), between noon and 7:30 PM Friday night. free of charge. (we're on our own getting people back to Lampliter at the end of the evening.) People just need to let the front desk know what time they'll be needing the shuttle to our house. The woman who does most of the gardening is the shuttle driver also, and will be in at noon that day, just for us, i think???

As for getting back to the motel after 7:30, Jamileh's car is generally available for that, based on past year's experience.

Fabulous rally. For those of you who could have but didn't come, well you just missed out. Like 20 people came, most all Guzzis, from roundhead CX100 to square fin like my 1000S and various Guzzi cruisers to Jamileh's Rossa Corsa to the newer Norge, Breva and Breva Sport and Stelvios, from all over California, most of those attending listed earlier in this thread. Endless variety of great Sierra Foothill roads at lower and higher (>7000') elevations, both coming and going, group ride on Saturday, plus early bird ride for me, Rich and Don on Friday. For example, in no particular order: 180 all the way to (almost) the end in King's Canyon complete with jaw dropping scenery, great hikes if you wanted, big time waterfalls, limitless vistas, etc, 178, 245, the divine Western Divide/190, Yokohl Valley, Dry Creek, Sierra Way, Bodfish-Caliente (includes roads done by just some). Some of these we have done past years, others not. Varies every year depending on weather, snow pack, road conditions, etc. At times we were all together, at times split up to various groups that seemed like they were running in to each other, recombining/reconstituting as desired. And fortunately nobody crazy slow this year (you know who you are if you are reading this). No crashes no tickets no breakdowns. Plus we all enjoyed the usual Friday night pizza plus at Jamileh's and Sat night at the Mexican Restaurant within walking distance of the Lampliter. More than likely there will be a 5th annual next year, probably a little early in the year-or not. You should go.

Jamileh, as always, you da bomb girl!!!

Loads of fun. Had a really good time. Unfortunately this was my first and most likely last Visalia NAR. I'll have to settle for New England rallies.

Back