• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I want to swap my Griso for a stelvio-need some advice :)

ivan77

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hi,I currently own a 2011 Griso Tenni and love the bike but previously my wife has shown very little interest in bikes so going away for one on the Griso has never been a problem but I've managed to grasp her interest by taking her out a few times on the bike and she's now keen to go on a few trips:) which means I get to go away to Europe more than usual which is my favourite thing to do!! So I'm after a Stelvio-now I can't afford a new one but I reckon I could stretch to as late as 2013,what I would like to know is do I need to aim at the later bike with the huge fuel tank and whether I'd be better off with the ntx or the standard stelvio???
I will need luggage that's for certain and I'm struggling to find an 8v with side boxes at the right price as I'm struggling to find an ntx of the right year for the right price!? I've found an 8v with no luggage on a 2013 only covered 3.8k for £8450 but I'm certain I'd still need to chuck best part of a grand at it for luggage,alternatively I've found an ntx fully kitted on a 2011 covered 6k for £8495-would this ntx have the 32l tank or is it possible it has the smaller one?
Thanks for reading me babbling on but I need to get this right as it's on my mind every waking hour!? Thoughts/advice welcome and appreciated:)
Cheers
Ivan

Re: I want to swap my Griso for a stelvio-need some advice :

Ivan, if it were me, I'd push hard for a 2013. The big tank, and final improvements on the 8V mean trouble-free (for the most part hopefully) riding. The NTX would come with bags and tubeless spokes. Many find the cast wheels better suited (and won't ever leak). In '10, they added ABS if that is important to you. You really can't go wrong, so it sounds like you should find the best for the $ with bags, and enjoy it.
All said, I LOVE my '09 (full power Griso motor)!, and have thrown countless money at it to make it the best it can be. Which ever you end up on, I'm sure you'll love it.

I removed this post as it was meant as a response to another post. Must have clicked on the wrong link.

Thing is I've looked at lots of other bikes ie Triumph Tiger sport/Ducati multistrada 1200 etc etc and after reading what I've read on here about issues with cams and the like I've really wanted to drop the marque and go for something else just on the chance that I'll avoid major aggro but the truth is I don't give a crap about that when it comes down to it-I'm going Guzzi and I'm going Stelvio this time because it will suit my needs(two up plus luggage and comfort for my wife) oh and the primary reason is that it's a Guzzi!! I can't fault my Griso,I'm sure my jap riding friends would but I'm afraid it's got me by the balls! Wish it didn't but it has.

Back