• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2011 tank on 2008 model

pauldaytona

Cruisin' Guzzisti
A 2011 Tank was on ebay, I couldn't resist.

image-26941-195a4ec8.jpg

Please, sir, I want some more! :cry:

What are you doing with the tank side panels? Don't you need a new head light body panel to meet the tank edge? If so how does the old dash fit in the new headlight panel? More pics too, please.

If it's used, why would anybody sell a 32 ltr tank?

Rafael,
Tank came from accident bike that is sold in parts. Only 2 small paint chips off. But I don't like the matt black anyway. To do it easy you need all 2011 plastics. Airbox can stay, and because I have the 2008 model with battery standing, I had to cut some weld-on pasrts from the frame. Same as above the cylinders. And the elctrics in front need a bit rearanging, noting dramatic.

Looks like is do-able then with time and effort............just need the parts kit of tank and plastics.

How much of the front end did you get?

do-able with time, effort and money :)

need all front plastics, fairing frame can stay. And tank with pump, fuelline and back cover.I changed the airbox too, because I had first series, but even that can stay. I could buy more accident parts from the plastics, but he was asking as much as new unpainted parts are.

Campagman said:
Looks like is do-able then with time and effort............just need the parts kit of tank and plastics.

How much of the front end did you get?

Nice work. Can't wait to do mine. You say the stock air box for the '09 can stay, yes?

What fairing side covers are you going to use, standard or NTX? Painted or stock?

will be std because they are black, ntx is grey. They made an error in the price list for the unpainted right one, thats 217 euro, painted is cheaper :-(

I put in airbox from new type, but old (2008) can stay, if you have a lower battery. I think 1/2 inch lower.

Bringing this thread back to the top...

Has anyone come up with a part listing or options for increasing fuel capacity on the early models? I absolutely love mine (09), but with the fueling modifications done (PCV / Autotune) it gets terrible fuel mileage and would like to increase the range. Don't get me wrong, the bike runs great, and love the performance, but it's now relegated to local service and commuting. If I'd take this bike on trips, I'd have my fellow riders ready to ring my neck for having to stop every 100 miles to refuel. With that said, if I could get in the 150 - 180 miles range , I'd see the Stelvio becoming a serious threat to my touring bike (C14 or GTR14 for none US readers). I could build an auxiliary tank I suppose, but I'm not sure I want the added electrics - pumps and the like - probably more work than it's worth. Anyway, if anyone has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ride Safe - Jeff

Trophy900 said:
Bringing this thread back to the top...

Has anyone come up with a part listing or options for increasing fuel capacity on the early models? I absolutely love mine (09), but with the fueling modifications done (PCV / Autotune) it gets terrible fuel mileage and would like to increase the range. Don't get me wrong, the bike runs great, and love the performance, but it's now relegated to local service and commuting. If I'd take this bike on trips, I'd have my fellow riders ready to ring my neck for having to stop every 100 miles to refuel. With that said, if I could get in the 150 - 180 miles range , I'd see the Stelvio becoming a serious threat to my touring bike (C14 or GTR14 for none US readers). I could build an auxiliary tank I suppose, but I'm not sure I want the added electrics - pumps and the like - probably more work than it's worth. Anyway, if anyone has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ride Safe - Jeff

I'd second that, having run out of petrol the other day and typically having to fill up every 120 miles or so due to trip logistics. My Monday commute is 100 miles and the back again on Friday another 100, so basically have to fill up at each end or pay motorway prices en route.
I'm getting 43 mpg (uk gallons) also with PVC/Autotune, K&N and a Quill end can.
In theory I can get 170 miles on a tank.

Trophy900 said:
I absolutely love mine (09), but with the fueling modifications done (PCV / Autotune) it gets terrible fuel mileage and would like to increase the range. Don't get me wrong, the bike runs great, and love the performance, but it's now relegated to local service and commuting.
Jeff, pull and send me the PC-V map. With winter fuel mixes and cold air temps, you should be getting upper 30's, then low to mid 40's once the air temps warm.
The only real options outside of strapping auxiliary fuel containers on the bike, is the Stucchi remote version, which hits 50/50 on the reviews.

Seach for a totaled bike to get most parts, else it's to expensive. I bought a complete set that we mounted on a friends bike, it was very cheap. I'm just back from a holiday in Ireland, My fuel light goes on at 440km, then still 6 to 7 liter left. Use 5.5 liter on 100km. Or else 1 liter on each 17.5 km. Thats with lambda off and a modified map. So I did 2, 32 liter tank conversions.

Back