• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 750 replacement tires

Julian

Just got it firing!
I've been using the stock Pirelli Sport Demons for several years, and am very happy with performance, but less so with longevity…6K miles on rear seems to be the max. Anybody have any suggestions/experience with other tires?

Strewth Julien, I'd be happy with 6K km and I'd have to use them without tread to get that !! Thats 40% more,
A bloke would have to be happy with what your'e getting.

Now I wonder what Ghezzi gets on the Bellagio? :whistle: :whistle:

That's good mileage for the Pirellis. People like their stickiness, but usually they have a shorter life. Metzeler Lasertechs have a longer wear, but their handling is a little less. I'm running Bridgestone Battleax now, but it's too early in their life to give an opinion.

I've run BT45s on my 750 Breva when we had one, and also on my Mk V. Like them. Decent stick with the dual compound and 8 to 10 K miles.

Great thread. I have the Demons on my Breva, they are ok but I think I will go with a more touring oriented tire next time. Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

In the past I've used BT45s on big block engined Tonti framed Guzzis. They had good grip in the wet (and dry) and they lasted a fair mileage too - and I'd expect that would be even better on a lighter less powerful Breva 750. But as an alternative I would try Michelin Pilot Roads - they're very very good and I now use them on most of my bikes, but I'm not sure if they are available in the right sizes for a 750 Breva.

contractor20 said:
Strewth Julien, I'd be happy with 6K km and I'd have to use them without tread to get that !! Thats 40% more,
A bloke would have to be happy with what your'e getting.

Now I wonder what Ghezzi gets on the Bellagio? :whistle: :whistle:

Haven't worn a full set out yet, had Avon Storms when I bought it, they were obviously several years old before fitted and while I had no complaints, they felt less than full confidence inspiring. Now have Pilot Road 3's, had plans of spare wheels with 2CT's but not getting enough use to warrant the extra expense.

Cali Stone I had ran BT45's, could just manage 6k rear and 10k front. But a holiday in Tasmania wore the sides off the front in less than 6K. 2CT's on my Hyper would just last 6k for the pair.

Got that John, just replying to Con-20's comment "If I would complain about 6k on a set of tyres".

I should say that when I used to get 10,000km from a rear or a set I was happy, when it dropped to 6,000k I thought it was getting a little excessive, especially as RRP averages AUD$500 a pair for 17" sport bike tyres. My Ducati cost me 10cents / km, just for rubber.

Conventional skinny BT45's would be a lot cheaper, but once I stopped riding daily or even once every weekend, the mileage didn't matter so much. Staying RUBBER SIDE DOWN is my priority, and I like a tyre that inspires confidence in the wet.

Keeping on topic;
Once I find a tyre that does inspire confidence in both wet and try, I stick with them. It takes a lot of mileage for me to trust a new product. On my Cali Stone I could get 10,000km from a rear Bridgestone BT45, usually 8k was normal but did drop to 6k for a rear with several track days thrown in.

On that score they should last very well on the light and modest power of the Breva 750, Try them.
By the way, I'd love room in the budget for your bike, they are a real sweet ride.

I posted this, sometime back, where I found that my Pirelli rear was wearing out, around 7000 or so miles.
When Dunlop brought out the dual compound Roadsmart ? I looked for a set, but they didn't make em for the Lil bikes.
At least Michelin, looked at their Pilot Road 2, and made the Pilot Activ, for us, on smaller bikes.
Hey I wanted a bike I can lift by my self, if it falls over, on the ET Highway, or anywhere else in Nevada.
I got something like 14000 miles out of the rear, and the front did not need replacing, til after the following years tour.
Then I ended up with the BMW rear, as that was all they had , in stock in the Canadian wilderness. on the way back from our Alaskan adventure, because I thought the rear would last the trip.
Well as you who followed the blog, know, it was more dirt & stone, than Tarmac, due to their incredible freezing winters. anyway, got to go.
Where is Holt, at the mo ? he is allways clued up on tyres, it was Holt that got me to order the Michelin Pilot Active's, and they are every bit as sticky as the Sport Demons.
However, as self financing people, we can only try so many tyres a year.
I heard something about a Pirelli Angel, that supposedly soon wore away to reveal a monster, but , as it sounded like bullfeathers, and I had more important stuff to take care of, I totally forgot about it, til now.
Right, Im off, but the Michelin Pilot Active gets my vote, so far.
New tyres come out all the time, so, who knows..........
Oh yes, due to me forgetting that the BMW rear was worn out, until I got to Hamilton, at least Larry had an Avon Roadrider in stock, So far, So Good, not tried it in rain yet
Take Care Out There

I have been running the Pirelli Demons and have no complaints...about 8500 miles is what i get from the rear.

Well You will get more from the Michelin Pilot Actiiv, with no loss of performance, wet or dry, on the Sport Demons

I think the Pirelli Sport Demons are aptly named. "Demonic" is the first thing that comes to mind when they hit the road and follow any inconsistency in the pavement! While this normally does not show up due to my inner town riding, I was recently reminded of this on a blitz ride across northern NH and VT. Pavement irregularities were magnified. I am about to turn 6K for this tire and it will need to be tossed soon. I might try a touring combo from Metzler or check out the offerings from Heidenau and try them.

My two cents,

Andy

Back