• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Permanently flashing turn indicators

wissing

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I am new to the forum and it has been a pleasure to read and learn. Now my precious new Calif 1400 seem to have a mind of its own:

Since Saturday the 2 turn indicators at the back are flashing in sync all the time. The symptoms are:

1) The flashing goes on for all key positions - also when switched of and key removed
2) The only way I have been able to stop the flashing is by removing the 25 fuse under the seat
3) When the brakes are applied the indicators will light steady
4) When the brakes are applied and turn indicator is switched on, one indicator will blink and the other will light steady
5) Front turn indicators functions as usual

Anyone having an idea of what this could be about and how to fix it?

Has your dash been exposed to water? In any event, since it is a new bike take it to the dealer as she is under warranty.

Congratulations on the purchase! I picked mine up 3 weeks ago, and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I had the exact same thing happen to mine. Was playing with the alarm system, and pressing the buttons on the remote. I think, not sure on this, I pressed one of the buttons too long once the motor was off and the flashing started. Would do it all the time until the motor was started. I played with the buttons again on the alarm remote when the engine was off, and same result. So started the engine again, shut it off and didn't touch the alarm remote, and no flashing. I don't know if that was the cause/cure, or if it was just coincidence, but since then no issues. I didn't see anything in the alarm manual to explain this, but one thing I did learn from all this is the siren on the alarm is pretty darn loud.

Definitely a new one. Closest dealer looks like Speeds in Elkridge. Perhaps Mike here will comment on them. It could be either the dashboard, switchgear or even ECU. Please follow up once you visit the dealer. It will definitely require a dealer to start.

Thanks for quick replies. The fault actually did appear after I washed the bike. A sponge-and-bucket job and being gentle with the dashboard - surely a little moisture could not be the cause?
Anyway, I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for the first service. I'll post what I learn from that visit.

Cheers,
Frank

Taking it to Speeds?
It could be moisture from the wash but what the other guy posted about the same thing happening to him, does any of that sound like it could be what happened to you?
Could the button on the alarm thingy be stuck?

I am taking it to Europa Macchina in Lewisberry, PA, where I bought it.
I don't think it is the alarm, unless there is some special effect caused by long press on the alarm button. I don't think I've done anything special but could be.
Since the fault appeared I have had the engine (and the alarm) turned on and off several times. I drove 30 miles Sunday, and except for the light show at the rear end everything worked as usual.

Had a similar experience with mine. Involved the alarm button pressing. Once I got it cleared, has never recurred. Plugged the alarm. Don't use it now.

Stephen

Probably not a good idea to be riding that bike around. With the lights behaving like that people following will have no idea of your intentions.

Hmm. Back from work, I felt inspired to try playing a little with the remote for the alarm.

1) Seat of, fuse in. Now the two indicators has a steady light - no flashing as the previous days.
2) Try to turn the alarm of but no reaction
3) Key in ignition, turn on. Alarm can be turned off.
4) Start the engine and turn it of again. Key to off position
5) NO LIGHT in indicators!

Looks like everything is normal again. Much better situation but I'm not wiser. Maybe the dealer can trace the error tomorrow.

It sounds like what we call an "undocumented feature" where I work.
I like Europa Macchina, they seem like good folk, and the nickel tour of the shop is always worth it.
We bought the wife's V65 Lario from them, they had it in there on some sort of consignment.
They also are selling Morgan three wheelers now.
They call us or tell my wife's sister (she lives near there) when they have something cool they think we'd like. Damn them.......

Last edited:
wissing, if the problem isn't active, there is no way the dealer can find anything wrong, because now there isn't. If everything is working and you have turn signals there is nothing to troubleshoot.

I discussed the indicator issue with the technician at Europa Macchina today. He couldn't explain what caused the symptoms - his best guess was also that it had something to do with the alarm system. Guess that it is something that especially good Carlifornias do. Once!;)

Permanently flashing turn indicators

I like a bike that goes round corners. :p

O.K. so I had the flashing taillight saga , for a day ,, Got home , disconnected the battery and left it overnight , I have just reconnected the battery and the tail lights started flashing,, I tried the remote , didnt help , put the key into the ignition and switched the ignition on, Lights still flashed , I pressed the big button on the remote and the alarm sounded {you are right, it is very loud] I then pressed the small button and the alarm stopped and so did the flashing lights! . dont know what I did and what the problem was, but it seems to be all sorted, thank goodness!

I had the taillights flashing one more time since I opened this thread. I think some combination of ignition key and alarm remote action can cause this symptom. And that it can be stopped by an other combination. I've heard that turning ignition on and of a couple of times has a kind of reset effect on dashboard alarms. Maybe this is the case for the flashing too - anybody with knowledge of resetting by use of ignition key?

After reading the Alarm Manual, its reads...
To arm the emergency blinker system, press button A on the remote control 2 times when the ignition key is in the on position.
To Disarm the emergency blinker system, press button A on the remote control 1 time when the ignition key is in the on position.

I do think this is a passive symbolic alarm warning people not to touch. I have completely disabled my alarm system but i can arm this system using the A button on the control.

Ain't that cheating - reading the manual?;)
You probably found the explanation: The flashing taillights is the emergency blinker function, which some of us has engaged without knowing.
Thanks, Mike

Back