• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin, "Canyon Dual Sport Saddle for Norge 1200, Breva 1100 and Sport 1200"

Bgarceau

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I put Corbin saddles on all of my bikes. I like the stiffness and the wider seating area. The workmanship has been excellent.

I have read the horror stories here but my only shared complaint is that electronic communication with the factory does not seem to get thru. I failed to print the order details; no order confirmation arrived via email, and any request for status on their web site status request page went unanswered. The seat simply showed up, FedEx last night with no interim email with tracking info.

I have to believe they have a problem with their SMTP server.

In any case, in the interest of sharing what this particular saddle looks like on a particular Moto Guzzi model, here's the saddle model in the thread title, on a Sport 1200.

Years ago I ordered these saddles with the included backrest mount. When the mount is off of the bike there is a velcro'd flap that covers the opening with the Corbin logo embroidered onto it.

The backrest makes sense for dressers and cruisers where the passenger normally sits bolt upright, and wants to lean against something. For this model though I ordered the saddle without the backrest hardware or flap. I did not want to mess up the looks of the back end of the bike (any more that the H-B bag mounts do). There is no change in price for this, "option".

Here then is the specifications as ordered and I'll follow with the pictures, mounted on the bike.

MG-NRG-7Canyon Dual Sport saddle no heat, Norge, Breva & 1200 Sport$493
Seating panels: Black Leather
Side panels: Black
Welts: Black

Shipped fo NH: $531
Ordered: July 1
Received: July 26

Corbin Saddle right

Corbin Saddle right quarter

Corbin Saddle above

I have all of 20 minutes of riding time so far, but I like the change. I sit a little further back and at about the same height, and as expected my weight is spread over a larger area and I'm no longer sitting on a hump.

Last edited:
Looks great, and looks very comfy!

How tall are you / inseam length? I'm curious because the Corbin looks stock height or maybe a little lower (could be because the passenger portion is up higher than stock?). How tall is your usual pillion and does he/she notice any height difference (again, that part looks higher than stock). My daughter complains that she sits up too high (she's 5'7") - that would be addressed if I could raise the rider section 1-1.5" (I'm 6'3" with 34+ inseam). Does the Corbin give you more front-to-rear room? The stock seat seems to lock me in to only one position.

Welcome to the forum, great informative post!

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the kind words.

I had meant to include the rider specs as well. Thanks for the reminder.

I am 5' 11" and my wife is 5' 4". My inseam is 32". She claims that she sits *lower*. With the stock seat she can see over my head. That is no longer the case.

The bike specs and the Corbin specs for this seat are nearly identical in rider seat height measured from the ground.

The seat is wider in both stations. I think this gives the impression to the rider that the seat is taller when you sit on it. I can still put both feet on the ground, however I can now feel the sides of the seat under my leg because again, it is wider. I believe that's the Corbin mantra; that there's more comfort if you spread the weight over a larger surface area.

Then of course there is their special foam that is noticeably stiffer but very supportive. Supposedly it 'breaks in' over time. I've owned several on different bikes and although I've always appreciated the comfort I can't say that I noticed any break-in type of change in fit or form. The stock seat on this bike is about the best I have owned, but on a long run it is crippling. The support is just not there.

Regarding front-rear positioning, I am now sitting further back. I am no longer sitting in the bottom of a dish with my privates up against the tank. I would say I'm now a full inch back away from the tank. Also, the front of the new seat does not touch the tank surface. Some prior Corbin models that I had on other bikes did and that means abrasion concerns. Not so with this seat.

We spent two 2+ hour sessions riding around with the new seat this past weekend. We are very pleased with the results. Neither of us felt like we were in the beginning stages of cripple. Neither of us had back pain.

After the initial trip I decided that since the seating moved back a bit I would be able to put on the Tuono bars (PO had them on the bike when I bought it; I put the originals back on just after I brought it home because the Tuono/stock seat combo began to give me lower back problems). The Tuono bars are higher and due to the angle of the clamps position me more upright. However, not so much that I'm sitting bolt upright which I felt I was with the stock seat and these bars.

So I now have a slight forward lean, broader base and bars that don't put my throttle hand to sleep because of the multiple forces that my wrists had to support.

The combo has dramatically changed the bike into a sport/tour model without the frame-mount fairing. Both of us are now thoroughly enjoying this bike.

Last edited:
For bars, consider Renthal Fat Bars - I'll get the model number when I get home later this week. Compared to stock, they are up and back about an inch each direction and most importantly, they have much less rearward sweep (angle) at the grips - when I test fit the stock bar, I could not believe the extreme angle my wrists were at. Mana bars are also common replacements.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Renthal specs would be great.

I'd like to consider other bars. A little more forward lean would help reconnect with the bike.

I put Corbin saddles on all of my bikes. I like the stiffness and the wider seating area. The workmanship has been excellent.

I have read the horror stories here but my only shared complaint is that electronic communication with the factory does not seem to get thru. I failed to print the order details; no order confirmation arrived via email, and any request for status on their web site status request page went unanswered. The seat simply showed up, FedEx last night with no interim email with tracking info.

I have to believe they have a problem with their SMTP server.

In any case, in the interest of sharing what this particular saddle looks like on a particular Moto Guzzi model, here's the saddle model in the thread title, on a Sport 1200.

Years ago I ordered these saddles with the included backrest mount. When the mount is off of the bike there is a velcro'd flap that covers the opening with the Corbin logo embroidered onto it.

The backrest makes sense for dressers and cruisers where the passenger normally sits bolt upright, and wants to lean against something. For this model though I ordered the saddle without the backrest hardware or flap. I did not want to mess up the looks of the back end of the bike (any more that the H-B bag mounts do). There is no change in price for this, "option".

Here then is the specifications as ordered and I'll follow with the pictures, mounted on the bike.

MG-NRG-7Canyon Dual Sport saddle no heat, Norge, Breva & 1200 Sport$493
Seating panels: Black Leather
Side panels: Black
Welts: Black

Shipped fo NH: $531
Ordered: July 1
Received: July 26

View attachment 6871

View attachment 6870

View attachment 6894
I have all of 20 minutes of riding time so far, but I like the change. I sit a little further back and at about the same height, and as expected my weight is spread over a larger area and I'm no longer sitting on a hump.

I edited the original post to include an overhead picture of the new saddle.

Also, I've done some research on the two popular and apparently similar handlebar types that Tom mentioned above. I decided to try the Mana bars, mostly because they are already tapped for the bar ends.

I found these bars here... from this dealer).

I like the Tuono bars. But I'd like just a little more forward lean.

Last edited:
A little late in response to handlebars here but I put "Pro Taper YZ High" bars on my 1200 Sport. They still gave me the desired forward lean that I wanted minus the weird inward angle of O.E.M. bars. I had a local machine shop tap the bar ends for $25 total. I supplied the tap, he had the proper drill bill. Original clutch and brake lines worked. I like your seat upgrade. I found a cheap "bead" seat was enough for my extended jaunts. I envy your Corbin however.

Hey 2L,

I expect to receive the Mana bars tomorrow. Cool that you found someone local to thread the other bar. I've tapped holes for screws plenty enough times to know that I don't have the tools needed to accurately guide that large a tap.

I have to say though, the Mana bars are expensive!

Out all day yesterday with the new Mana bars. As expected I did have to drill holes for the right/left switch cluster pins; a, "measure twice, drill once" exercise for sure!

At the same time I fitted bar end mirrors (CRG Hindsight) which is my preference. This meant that I had to give up the Kaoko friction lock (APR300). The Kaoko device replaces the stock bar end weight and needs to be able to press directly against the end of the throttle grip. That can't happen with the new mirror clamp mounted between, and to the ending 10mm of the bar.

By the way, regarding the mirrors... Mounting on the left side required no special treatment, even for the stock (or Tuono) bars. On the right side however I did not find a full 10mm of bar end to mount the mirror, especially when you consider the hex nut that's cinched up to the end of the bar.

In order to retain the switch cluster pin that fits to the bar to prevent movement, I added a random thin (~1mm) washer that I found to the hex nut to pick up just enough space to allow the throttle grip to spin freely.

At 5' 11", 32" inseam, with these bars and Corbin seat I now have the amount of forward lean I was after. At speed these bars are perfect, and at all speeds I have enough forward lean to 'connect' with the bike, protect my lower back, with minimal (some) right wrist pain.

Here are some pictures at some significant angles.

Mana5

Mana4

Mana3

Mana2

Mana1

Last edited:
Back