• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Custom Seat for a Stelvio

120mile seat is fine the Stelvio never runs longer than that before ya have to call for a tow anyway

Have a really nice Corbin for one for sale, since my 12 ntx is getting parted out

120mile seat is fine the Stelvio never runs longer than that before ya have to call for a tow anyway

Have a really nice Corbin for one for sale, since my 12 ntx is getting parted out

Out if interest - What happened to it?
Alan NZ

which time? the last is a complete clutch failure...it has just been such a long list of costly repairs i cannot justify fixing a bike that is never going to make 1,000miles with out a tow or major repair...during the warranty period I have spent 1/2 the price of the bike new on repair parts and recovery. That is enough for one that is never going to run right

Not for us! We try to do at least 225 between any stops. (I think we're good for 300 miles on a tank if pressed). The BMS saddle has been great!

Honestly though.... Sorry to hear of your issues. I would be equally angry if I were in the same situation. We ride 2up 99.9% of the time, so I really want to have 100% confidence in our ride.

richy

Last edited:
I ended up getting a Corbin. An all day rider for me. I can go tank to tank without any discomfort at all, and do it all again the next day. Still allows me to move back and forth a couple of inches if needed. Guess everyone's rear is a little different.

Just curious, what was you problem with the stock seat? Mine feels a little to hard and flat. What made you go with Corbin vs Sargent?

Just curious, what was you problem with the stock seat? Mine feels a little to hard and flat. What made you go with Corbin vs Sargent?

The stock seat was not wide enough for proper support at the back and was slopped to far forward. Kept crushing the boys on the tank.

Sargent does not make one for the Stelvio (at least when I bought it, not sure about now). Looked at custom but none of the brands really appealed to me. Best decision I made for the bike. Never ever think about my but any more even after consecutive 12 hr riding days.

I had the same problem with my seat being too low at the front so I set the front height on high and the back height on low. Problem solved.

This is my seat from Bill Mayer Seats (BMS). Awesome!
My experience was that I went from the stocker (a 120 mile seat) to this BIll Mayer Saddle (an all day seat). We had the pillion area recovered to match driver area -no mod to the foam. 8 hour days are easy now.

I had the same thing done and I have a few 12 hour days in it and I love it!

stellaseatbms-jpg.6772

The front is thin enough to allow me to touch down easily.

DSCN3390_zps882d16a8.jpg

Does anyone have comps orbin vs RDL (Russel) vs BMS (Mayer)? I just rode over 4000mi. in ten days and i expect it will take more than two weeks for the sores to resorb from my tush...
I am planning some longer rides and willing to invest $$ in the seag but Id like to optimize my choice. I am 5'9"/175lbs and ride 95%asphalt and 5% off road for camping (also tips on lifting Da Beast? I carry 50' of stdaps and a ratchet which has proven useful but kther more elegant alternatives would e welcome).
Safe and FUN rides to all!
N

My Stelvio came with a Corbin seat. It is the most comfortable seat I have ever had, including the 4 or 5 other Corbins. If you want to try something inexpensive, get a piece of 1/2 or 3/4" memory foam, take your existing cover off and glue it to the foam, feather the edges and put the cover back on. That might be all you need. BTW, that's me on my horse in the profile photo. Saddles can be amazingly comfortable, because of proper shape, even though they don't have any padding at all.

Back