• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Times change, life moves on.

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
It seems to me that the 'New' Guzzi is attracting a 'New' type of rider.

I won't dwell on any details, simply say that this brave new world isn't for me. I have far too many other things going on in my life right now to have time for what is happening here, or on a variety of other boards so I bid you 'Adieu!'

Enjoy.

Pete

PS, Todd, I don't know how to unsubscribe so can you please do it for me?

Please, Pete;

Don't.

For the technical advises, you're invaluable.

For the good laughs priceless. Never mind scratched paint.

Pete,
I'm with Holt on this. Your technical input & breadth of knowledge is exceptional and the forum would be worse off without it.

Pete,

Your reasons are your own, and only you can judge what's best for you. I will be disappointed not to read future posts by you as nobody articulates an explanation like you.

I hope you reconsider. If not, at least stay in touch and let us all know things are ok in Roper land.

cheer for now

Robert

G'day Peter,

I am new to Guzzi having just brought one, but I have a passion for bikes and with well over 30 plus years of riiding I still love every day on a bike. I am very new to this sight but have certainly seen those that have so much knowledge, have also the repect by members of this site. As a "new rider" in terms of Guzzi It concerns me as to what you are referring, I think I will be asking many questions in the coming months from those, like yourself that can put me in the right direction.

regards

Beemer
1200Sport
Melbourne, Australia

pete roper wrote:

I won't dwell on any details, simply say that this brave new world isn't for me. I have far too many other things going on in my life right now to have time for what is happening here, or on a variety of other boards so I bid you 'Adieu!'

Enjoy.

Pete

Thanks for your help Pete, take care,

Peter:

With all due respect, don't be such a drama queen. As mentioned on another forum, you are "the guru." I prefer to think of you as an icon.

I am one of the new riders. I would rather ride than wrench. I don't do group rides or hang on the weekend. I actually use my B11 as my main means of transport.

When you go on with your technical expertise it is like listening to Russian, I have no freaking clue what you are spouting about. However, I do follow up and do my homework. Your insight and knowledge will be sorely missed.

Now, don't get your knickers in a twist. Go have a brew.

Heh Pete,

Face it, you have a fan base that has come to regard you as, if not indispensable, then certainly well regarded as an valuable source of information. Not to mention fighting the good fight with Guzzi Spa. Hell ............ even they (Guzzi engineering that is) probably would admit your value re: the latest 8V issues. I put you in there with Dave & Greg at MI for a big reason why the older Guzzis anyway, still have the utility that they do, due to the wealth of maint and mod info available.

It's sort of like Kevin Cameron throwing in the towel fecrisakes ...............................

Get you balance back man. I personally like a double Calvados and a triple espresso.

pete roper wrote:

Enjoy.

Pete

PS, Todd, I don't know how to unsubscribe so can you please do it for me?

Relax, folks, I'll still be here to give detailed tech advice. I've been the brains behind Pete's technical posts for years, anyway. He runs most of those by me beforehand, so, really, this is not a big deal. :woohoo:

Sheesh, Pete. I make Oca look like a master mechanic. I feel somewhat responsible as I threw a bit of accelerant on the paint-chipped-sump thread ;) which probably set you off, so do what Oca says, have a beer. Corona supplies in the US are returning to normal since your last visit, so there'll be some of that here if you need a therapy trip, too. I'll be glad to re-certify you as a Guzzi wrench, too, if you spend a few hours in the GarageMahalo. :p

Bill

You know... sometime hearing "All good things come to an end..." gets a little tiresome. Pete, you just need a breather. Go for a nice long ride, and check back again later. I'm sure none of it will matter then, post Mandello Del Lario "counseling."

See you round the next bend Pete.

Pete - I like a number of folks new to Guzzi find your technical insight a god send and your irreverent manner a pleasant change form too much 'PC' in the current world. Please reconsider your departure. If you go you will be sorrly missed.

First RPM, now this.....
Guzzi really is going down the toilet.
Seriously, Pete I would hate to see you go. I hope you reconsider.
Do what I do, I don't even bother with the "chipped paint" threads (although now I may have to look to see what the fuss is about).

StormShearon wrote:
Pete - I like a number of folks new to Guzzi find your technical insight a god send and your irreverent manner a pleasant change form too much 'PC' in the current world. Please reconsider your departure. If you go you will be sorrly missed.

Echoes my sentiment perfectly.
Murphy

Sorry to hear that your disgruntled. I must admit that things in this world are changing, Guzzi has to try to keep up with this changing world, and needs to keep increasing sales in order to exist. The environment now is rather dire, so if Guzzi can make it through this world wide recession then that would be a good thing. They have no choice but to attract new riders. I have been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years and never thought about a guzzi until they came out with the norge. Must say I wonder why I never got into the Guzzi thing earlier, probably because there never were a lot of them around. I also do my own wrenching on the bike and find it rather easy to work on, but it is always good to have someone's brain to pick on particular procedures. Pete, You will be missed, have a beer, not a Corona, i hear they pee in the tanks while brewing.

Pete: What I know in detail about my Guzzi is what you and a "few" others have posted on this forum. I not only find your posts extremely informative, but quite funny. Hell, my wife who won't even sit on my bike, reads your posts and giggles like a school girl. So please, take a few days off, have a "few" beers and continue sharing your knowledge while entertaining us at the same time. I hope to see you back on.

Relax, folks, I'll still be here to give detailed tech advice. I've been the brains behind Pete's technical posts for years, anyway. He runs most of those by me beforehand, so, really, this is not a big deal.

Bill[/quote]

The king is dead!
Long live the King!

:laugh:

Pete, you old fart. Don't make me come there and whip some sense into you, or worse, make you drink god-awful Fosters.

Besides, what are you going to do in Bungendore, open a wood-working tourist trap? I could imagine your reaction to some snooty Sydney-sider or Canberrite whining "Don't you have anything in Tasmanian black wood?"

Back