• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How do you route your accessary leads ?

ett

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
My Griso came with a Battery Tender lead.
I assume it was not from the factory and that the dealer installed it.

They routed it exiting the battery compartment from the positive terminal side, between the battery tray and fuel tank.
So the lead hangs out by the left throttle body.

When I added a lead for my electric heated clothing. I routed that lead following the same path.
While this provides a near perfect location for hooking up my heated gear and Battery Tender.
It does make it VERY difficult for removing and reinstalling the battery.
The two leads cause a very tight fit for the battery. And I struggle with installing the battery without crumpling it's tray.

How does everyone else route their accessory leads of this type ?

Thanks

From memory, I think my cable was routed down the + side of the battery and onto the frame rail. Zip tied up und turne facing forward until it came out well above the starter motor. Just go about it logically and think "what could get trapped if I put it here?"

I for one would be interested in seeing a picture of how this was done. I just got my 2013 Griso and one of the first things I attempted to do with it was to fit a lead for a battery tender. Winter is coming and I wanted to leave it on a tender over the winter. I soon gave up as I couldn't find the space to fit the leads. My version has the in-line cylindrical glass fuse. No matter where I tried, the fuse got in the wart. I was thinking I might have to make custom leads. Having said this I kept the battery in place. Would I have been able to find the space if I removed the battery?

Cheers,

M

Last edited:
I make one be both. I don't have a Griso but on my bikes I use Powerlet plugs to plug in my heated gear. I have an adapter to connect my battery charger into the Powerlet. Plug it in and charge the battery. Unplug it and plug in my heated kit when cold. Only one extra wire from the battery. Most of my bikes have an additional fuse box added from electricalconnection.com or easternbeaver.com. This allows many extras wired in with only one wire from the battery. If you look right in front of the saddlebag guard you can see 2 Powerlet outlets. I made a bracket out of aluminum and mounted them here.

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 15
I made my own leads. Used 90º open ended terminals on to battery. Taped and/or cable tied both + and - to the main battery cables to the base of the battery then routed them to where there was more space under the seat for a block connector. I then made separate leads for any accessories & trickle charger to plug into that connector. One of these leads had a standard power socket on for anything else.

I made my own leads. Used 90º open ended terminals on to battery. Taped and/or cable tied both + and - to the main battery cables to the base of the battery then routed them to where there was more space under the seat for a block connector. I then made separate leads for any accessories & trickle charger to plug into that connector. One of these leads had a standard power socket on for anything else.

Sounds like I will have to do the same thing. I took the battery out for the winter and had a look and it doesn't appear that there is any more room behind the battery case either.

Cheers,

M

Back