• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ducati Scrambler 2015...

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I'm sure you all have heard the buzz around the new Ducati Scrambler coming out for 2015. Ducati's marketing is ingenious...going for the California love vibe. Spy shots and teaser photos and videos (provided by Ducati) are circulating via their tumblr page. Definitely has my interest piqued. Apparently it's going to be based on the Monster 796 platform, which means air cooled and about 85 horsepower or so (probably little lower than the monster to give it more low end torque, etc.) and looks like it will have the same single side swing arm. I also have been digging further and hear reports of two versions: the 800cc twin and, even more interesting, possibly a 400cc single with about close to 50 ponies. I love my V7 but wouldn't mind adding the Scrambler to the garage if it turns out right...have to wait and see.

I'm rebuilding a "65 Gilera 106cc right now. So I feel your warmth for the old small bikes.

Here's a "before" photo:

SDC10709.jpg

I'm rebuilding a "65 Gilera 106cc right now. So I feel your warmth for the old small bikes.

Here's a "before" photo:

SDC10709.jpg

Very cool! My great grandfather had one in Italy, I forget which model exactly, but apparently it was the fastest one at the time...early 60s or late 50s probably.

So no one wants to talk about the unveiling of the new Ducati Scrambler huh? Gotta admit, it looks pretty fuckin cool, and I anticipate that they are going to sell a buttload of them given the price.
I like the Urban Enduro one especially. Hell I like them all.
Ducati urban enduro

This is me on a Scrambler:

bear-on-tricycle.jpg

Or maybe this:

China01_350.jpg

Tiny bike for anyone over 6' tall. I do like the looks of the bike, but between its size and the small gas tank (3.5 gallons), I'll have to pass.

Pretty funny John.
Franco, I've been a function over form guy when it comes to bikes, for a very long time. While I can say a lot of bikes look cool, when it comes for me to get on it and ride, I sway in a different direction, as up until the last few years I usually ride hundreds of miles dragging pegs with zero freeway (as you recently experienced), and while bikes like this are cool for coffee shop runs, they're pretty useless for me for much else.
I didn't know of the small fuel tank, so that along with the big $ maintenance costs and parts, makes this a mere meh for me.
Good on them for doing it though. They have plenty of cash to throw at projects like this for those that will buy them. My prediction is simple; A few will buy them... they'll discontinue them, then everyone will want them and drive the used market price up for a few years.

Last edited:
Pretty funny John.
Franco, I've been a function over form guy when it comes to bikes, for a very long time. While I can say a lot of bikes look cool, when it comes for me to get on it and ride, I sway in a different direction

I hear ya Todd. Just like the Sportclassic huh? $30k on eBay if ya want ;)

I definitely want a well functioning bike no doubt, but form, at least in this stage of my life, still plays an important role for me as well. I like the balance, hence why I chose the V7.

I'll test ride one when they come out and see what it's like. I agree, that fuel tank is way too tiny. You won't even get 150miles out of that thing probably.

I didn't know of the small fuel tank, so that along with the big $ maintenance costs and parts, makes this a mere meh for me.

My Dorsoduro has a 3.2 gallon tank. I thought I could live with it. I was wrong. It's OK for commuting, but it's like I can't go anywhere. I feel trapped with the bike.

I'm hoping and thinking that Todd is wrong about the model's sales and used price market a'la Sport Classic. I think Ducati's timing on the sport classic was off by about 5-10 years, they were just ahead of the curve for the re-emergence of the Cafe' bike. That and the damn thing was very uncomfortable for an average rider. I think with this bike, they have the timing perfect and a more standard riding position will be acceptable for most riders and that 150 mile range will not be a limiting factor. Let's face it, it will be an around town bike, and some will maybe take one on a blast down an occasional fire road. As for myself, I'm counting on the used market to be full of nice gently used Ducs' that folks "just don't have time to ride".

I am hoping they will NOT be popular at all since the only thing I see wrong with it that everyone else will have it :) I also think this bike will be a massive success. Just looks like it'll be simply a tremendous fun bike -- agile, with plenty of power for its weight, a fun engine with character. Maintenance should not be too horrible, as it does look like with this modified frame access to the heads is easier. Small tank may or may not be a nuisance; for me riding around Bay Area as long as I can get 130 out of a tank without the paranoia of running out, I'm good... I don't know, for once this might be a Ducati I'll actually want to own.

The Ducati is made as an around town bike and TT bike (tavern to tavern). For this, beginners and shorter people it will be a decent bike. Myself I have no desire for one. Just doesn't push the right buttons.
Heck, I consider the 5.3 gallon tank on my gas hog 1400 too small (43mpg). On my 650 V-Strom it is just OK (55mpg). The Norge got 48mpg and a 6 gallon tank. I was good with that.

As with the SC1000 it will have cheap arsed suspension. Anybody who actually wants to ride the bike properly (hard) will discover its short comings quickly. My mate had an SC, couldn't convince him suspension was shite (too hard) and it tank slapped every where he went until it spat him off.

No one is going to get 130-150 miles out of a tank of gas on that Scrambler. If you look at "Fuely" you'll see
Ducati's with those engines getting about 40 mpg. That's what I get. By the time you factor in unusable fuel and the like, I'm buying gas at 90 miles. The light comes on at 85 miles. As long as you know that going in, you'll be fine. I can't wait to read the new owner whiney posts about range on a tank of gas. :)

Personally I quite like the look of it, don't know if it'll be available in the UK though and if it is I probably couldn't afford it anyway! If I did have the money though I might be tempted, I've reached an age where I don't ride that hard any more and gas stations are rarely more than 20 miles apart round here so alot of it's shortcomings wouldn't really bother me.

Having looked into it it seems they will be available for us Brits too and I rather like the look of the Full Throttle one, all I need to do now is find enough money...........

I got an up close look at one last week at the AIMExpo in Orlando. Clearly they're selling a lifestyle with the bike based on the videos used around the display. Oddly enough, they displayed nothing else but this bike @AIME. It did very little for me outside of clever styling. Perhaps that means I'm getting old. :snooze:

I got an up close look at one last week at the AIMExpo in Orlando. Clearly they're selling a lifestyle with the bike based on the videos used around the display. Oddly enough, they displayed nothing else but this bike @AIME. It did very little for me outside of clever styling. Perhaps that means I'm getting old. :snooze:

You just might be Todd :wasntme:

Yea, if you've been following the whole marketing campaign around that thing since it first launched, it's definitely a lifestyle, California love, free spirited, essence of motorcycling kinda thing they did...which I think is actually going to work out for them.

I agree with you Todd, it'll sell like the V7 café. I did the factory tour last week, they had about a dozen lined up, all in yellow. They look OK for a retro bike, but I don't think very many will see a dirty road.

I sat on one at the Long Beach bike show today. Tiny. I was with a guy that's 5'7" and he fit perfectly. We then tried out the new KTM 390 Duke. Same story. Too bad. I really like that KTM.

Back