• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The cringeworthy "Goozy"

What is your first reaction to hearing someone say "Goozy?"

• Kill yourself

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Kill them

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
How often do you encounter folks, who at first are endearing toward you regarding your bike, complimenting you on the looks and how they knew someone who knew someone that had one back in the day, only to be instantly disgusted and appalled when they announce "nice Goozy man." The record stops, and instantly you want to slap them in the mouth.

Please tell me I'm not alone...

Occasionally you pull up in front of a small country town cafe', an old gentlemen rises up, and with a glint in his eye says in that unmistakable accent, "Eh, Moto Gootsi".
I become his new best friend as he regals me with stories from the past of his Dondolino or Falcone.

This puts a smile on my face that lingers long, compared to the disappointing shenanigans of the wankers you mention above.

When yesteryear personnel appreciate what you ride, are fair dinkum, and are knowledgeable on the marque, it make for a pleasant meet 'n greet.

Too often derision is the output would be "admirers" cast towards one self, only to be put down because their rice burner rocket does 300+ kph and they can wheel stand in 17 gears, and what about the sniggers at "shaft drive". Tossers most of them, temporary licence holders and air thieves, I say. Oh, and WANKERS! Obviously they don't get it.

Think I'll take another calming pill, now.

Meh,

I'm just happy people talk to me. Get your facts wrong, mispronounce the name, Bah. I judge not and meet lots of interesting people, even those than have run me out of town on the odd ocassion.

Robert

Sorry, but I was unable to cast a vote on this poll because it doesn't have a "don't give a shit" option. Happy to discuss motorcycles with anyone who is interested.

Saint Mike, would this suffice for your "Don't give a shit"?

Last edited:
Folks, I do hope you see the humor and facetiousness in my post...in the end, it was meant to be lighthearted and funny.

Still though, fuckin say it right...;)

Franco, don't fret. Three out of 4 posters here are Aussies, we love to take the piss.
As for stmike, well he couldn't give a shit either, so that is 100% for the piss takers.

If your love of Bikes and biking is NOT just a bit of theatre you like to indulge in but IS a part of your DNA, then I would suggest that the best bike in the world is the metal you have under your men's parts at any given time - stay uppendicular and enjoy the ride!!

Lofty

Truly Franco (and Ghezzi), I really did see the humor and, as you say, was also "taking the piss".

I know people just don't get it and have never heard of a Guzzi. if they like the bike and want to talk bikes I'm still in. If they want to tell me how brand x is better I will probably agree on parts availability, dealer network and company support but they need to ride a Guzzi before they pass judgement.

My response when they say "Goozy" is "It is Gootzi. Do you call and order a peeza?"

Goozy, Peeza (dble pepperoni, mushrooms & olives plse) Happy birfday, Happy Valentimes day, "I could care less" (have at it then), "don't judge me!" ( I'm not passing sentence, just pointing out your mistake). Heck wif it! It's a losing battle. We're being out birfd.

Back