• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Can you ID this part?

robertllr

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm missing a screw on my 2013 V7R, and I can't find it listed on any of the diagrams in the parts book. (Doesn't mean it's not there, of course--but I can't find it!)

As you can see, it is an unusual fastener, with a wide, shallow head and a shoulder that makes it sit proud of the bracket it screws into.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a part number so I can order a replacement.

I'm also curious as to its purpose. It's almost like a mini bungee attachment point. Is something supposed to loop over it?

Thanks!

Thanks! CIMG2452 CIMG2450 CIMG2451

Looks like a cable point to secure your helmet and/or gear. Loop a locking cable through your helmet then put an end or end over the screw, the lock your seat down to secure everything. Try GU03468100, the part list I looked at shows only one is used on the bike.

Thanks, John!

That part number is not listed for the V7R in the MG pats list, but putting the number in the AF1 search comes up with the definition "back rest pivot bolt;" however, no an application is listed.

It occurs to me that, if, as you say, there is but one, perhaps the other hole is supposed to be empty?

Maybe someone with a V7R could take a peek under his or her seat and report what, if anything is there?

Thanks!

Well, at least if you undo it and throw it away, your bike will be symmetrical.
Then you will not miss what you do not have.

Easy one, that is for the rain cover for seat. It attaches to just that one bolt. If you don't have the cover, either remove or ignore it. You certainly don't need to purchase another.

That sort of makes sense. However, the owner's manual is unclear on how this cover (which I do, in fact, have) is supposed to be deployed. There is a tab on the cover, made of some flexible but stiff plastic, that has two holes, a big one and a small one. Neither hole fits over the button-head screw in question. (Not to mention that the cover is big enough to cover--not just the seat-but half the bike as well!)

As for the other empty hole in the frame: the conclusion is that it was always just an empty, threaded hole?

While it is true that the screw(s) simply thread into captive nut(s), and clearly don't hold anything together, it is also evident that the paint on the threads is gone, and there is evidence of unpainted swarf--which suggests to me something was screwed in there once.

I guess it will remain forever one of those inscrutable Italian things.

(My Mom, rest her soul, was Italian, which makes me half Italian, so I can say that!)

Aha! The hole on the right is rusty--which suggests it was drilled and/or tapped after the frame was painted.

The plot thickens!

The screw is there to hold the rain cover to the bike via the tab. It stays attached even when the cover is opened to contain the seat.
Page 82 in the owners manual.
Bare

Aha! The hole on the right is rusty--which suggests it was drilled and/or tapped after the frame was painted.

The plot thickens!

Or the factory runs a tap thru the threads to clean out all the paint/powder before inserting a bolt.

It's possible the two holes/nuts are there and tapped for factory to secure the frame in some jig for powder coating?

I have that racer seat on my 2013 Stone. Got caught in a downpour awhile back and parked the bike outside of a little store and ducked inside to wait out the rain storm. When I went back out to the bike that racer seat sucked up the water like a freaking sponge. Wet arse all the way home, ugly feeling. Didn't know they had a rain cover for those seats, first I've heard of that. When I wash the bike I just remove that seat because that sucker is like a magnet to water. Comfortable seat, thicker then the stock 2 up seat and a bit less firm. I can go along way on it before I get monkey butt.

Didn't know they had a rain cover for those seats, first I've heard of that.
Well, technically one does come on every V7R, however it's not very waterproof. One of my RentAGuzzi guests tried to use it and said it did very little good. I guess you could consider it a damp air cover.
Best bet is to just pop it off and take it out of the weather. Easy enough to do.

Interesting that a single screw with that number, GU03468100, is shown in the parts catalog for the 2011 Racer and the 2012-13 Racer but not in the catalog for the 2012 Racer. Go figure. In any case, there's only one such bolt shown, and it seems to screw into the left hole in the frame top member, as is also shown in the first post in this thread. The parts catalogs give no clue about the function of the bolt. This same bolt, sometimes with a different number (GU31468165), was also used on the back rest pivot of the luggage racks on several earlier Guzzi models.

Well, technically one does come on every V7R, however it's not very waterproof. One of my RentAGuzzi guests tried to use it and said it did very little good. I guess you could consider it a damp air cover.
Best bet is to just pop it off and take it out of the weather. Easy enough to do.

I never dawned on me to pop the seat off the bike and take it inside that day. I'll have to remember that trick.

Back