• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

£££'s and more £££'s :-(

af1-windy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Following on from the sooty right hand plug and the poor!!!! running' Well, the news is good and bad.. good is the bike is running like a dream, damn near perfect according to Jason and his tech, both of whom have ridden the bike.

Now the bad, the fucking cost, sorry for language but fuck me... £300 service and fuel set up, £180 lambada sensor, £150 right side injector and on top of that the steering head bearings have gone west, rusty as fook and I've already shelled out £130... :(

I'm told that the lambada sensor was working it's self to death trying to lean out (I think) the leaking injector and it's fubar, sooted up as well which didn't help, niether did riding 2000 miles with a leaking injector.

Again, I was told that the lambada sensor only works within 25% rich or lean either way, anything over that and it out of it's comfort zone.. makes sense, sort of.

I reckon I'm looking at £800 ish bill... this bike better be good and for a long time before I spend anymore money on it other than the usual stuff or I'll set fire to the bloody thing...

windy

feck thats a dear do, at least it all should be tickety boo for a good while now. Its not a cheap hobby is it? :D

fatal said:
feck thats a dear do, at least it all should be tickety boo for a good while now. Its not a cheap hobby is it? :D

I know it's not a cheap hobby, been at it since 1972 ;)

It's my first Guzzi and so far I have had to pull out of three trips, two UK and a French jolly.. lost deposits and wasted time off of work. weeks and weeks in the dealers. Now,on top of a day off of work and £130 which told me nothing at all I'm looking at another bill for plenty of £££'s

Not a good introduction to moto guzzi, I would love a 2012 next year, a year or so old but I honestly don't think I dare chance it, would love to but can you imagine how I would feel if that too let me down? :dry: I know there are plenty of stelvios out there not giving a minutes trouble but how the hell do know which is good or bad?

windy (trying very hard to be possitive) :huh:

Bugger, that's a kick in the stones and no mistake. Fingers crossed this is the end of the woes and you'll have many trouble free miles.

Bisonheed said:
Bugger, that's a kick in the stones and no mistake. Fingers crossed this is the end of the woes and you'll have many trouble free miles.

I hope so, thanks for the encouraging words.. :)

Since I bought a Guzzi I have mostly been saying BOLLOX!!!! :lol:

You have to stay positive, lets face it you've had a run of bad luck with this bike, but it seems you do enjoy riding it when it runs right. Hopefully now its well sorted and you can get on with it and enjoy it to the max.
Don't forget that theres plenty of riders having all sorts of problems with modern BMWs, a look around most bike forums will throw up plenty of marques with reliability problems.
Getting rid of this bike may be like going from the frying pan into the fire, sometimes it's better the devil you know.
Good luck.

I feel for you,no fun at all what you have been through.At the moment I have to say that my 2011 Stelvio is the best ,most fun bike I have ridden in my 35 years of biking.But I cannot shake the feeling that the bike is going to let me down.Dont know why,just a gut feeling.My plan is to keep it 2 years,whilst still under warranty,then probably get shut.Great bike,but if I cannot feel confident in it,then I will be nervous about long trips abroad,which is mostly what I use a bike for.Just got back from a few days in Northern France with a mate,felt relieved at getting home with no probs, a feeling I never had with any of the Jap or German bikes that I have previously had.Shame really,maybe an Aprillia next,a kind of half way house,Jap reliability with Italian passion? We will see.

stromcat said:
,maybe an Aprillia next,a kind of half way house,Jap reliability with Italian passion? We will see.

I came from aprilia to guzzi, 8 years with aprilia, Futura, GenI Tuono and a GenII Tuono. The Tuono was becoming very expensive, or so I thought, to run because I'm doing more two up touring. I wanted shaft drive, more luggage space, comfort for two, handling and power which the Guzzi has, when it runs.. :unsure:

I did over 50k miles on the aprilias with only one problem, the 2009 factory tuono had a big end go while in France, 1200 miles on the clock and was just coming down from a 161mph run, oops.. :whistle: fixed and went on to do another 11k miles before swapping for the guzzi.

I'm hoping all the issues have been dealt with now and I can get some trouble free miles done.

like you stormcat, I shouldn't have to be thinking every minute, "Is this bike gonna get me there and back" :(

windy

Back