• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Μoto Guzzi Sport Helmet

Dimitris, don't know for sure... but it looks like it might be a spin-off of their XR-2 (shown below) or GP-Pro in the World market, which is in their "Racing" Category on their websites. If so, probably a decent helmet.

98597d3b22932cb379c5e99b8330c52c.jpg

I know that one of the past Moto Guzzi helmets was made by Suomy.
Moto%20Guzzi%20Helmet%20f.jpg

This helmet in particular looks somewhat like a Suomy Spec-1R (at least the top venting)
Suomy_Spec_1R.jpg
270_large_1.jpg

I myself just bought a new Vandal (SBK - Superbike ex-US)
2008_vandal_italia_matte.jpg

The top (original) version wasn't very good. I'd argue it looks more like the AGV (where'd you here this Dimitris?) then the Suomy, but I could be wrong.
Steve, let us know how you get along with the Vandal. Nice looking piece.

Todd,

The Vandal "Italia" is my fourth Suomy helmet, fifth if you count my wife's. I've had a Gunwind and two Spec-1R helmets prior to this one. My Spec-1R Hodgson Laguna Seca Replica was my last, but bit the dust while preserving my head and face.

8cb50f690c766138bd5ea3f58852b8de_rough.jpg

Very good build quality and great graphics. Wind noise is probably their biggest weakness, but that's what earplugs are for.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/suomy-helmets/vandal

SD

As per the MG-homepage the safety features should be OK, in any case

Casco Sport Moto Guzzi AGV
Casco integrale con calotta in fibra di vetro in 2 misure, interni in Dry Comfort® estraibili e lavabili, prese d'aria regolabili ed estrattori posteriori, chiusura doppia-D , visiera a sgancio rapido. Nella confezione anche una visiera fumè con trattamento antifog e antigraffio.

Prezzo: 283,56 Euro

which could be translated into something like

Helmet shell in fiberglass, in 2 sizes. Interior "Dry Comfort", removable and washable, air intakes and extractors adjustable.
Double-D lock, quick release visor. Comes with smoked visor, antifog and antiscratch treated.
The name also indicates ;) that it's an AGV...

Don't you have an opportunity to try if it fits your head? That should be the main consideration before purchasing, IMHO.

Holt wrote:

Don't you have an opportunity to try if it fits your head? That should be the main consideration before purchasing, IMHO.[/quote]

Yes, it is an AGV. And I would like to try it and see if it fits to my head. The problem is that there is no MG Sport Helmet, stock in the Greek Market, so I will have to find out what is the exact AGV model, so as to know that I tried the correct model.
The picture Todd posted (AGV GP-Pro) seems very similar, except from the frontal vent and the chin vent.

That helmet could be made to Guzzi specs, even similarities to an AGV. Like the Beemer helmets made by Schubert.
Hope you find somebody who can compare them side by side!

dimitris wrote:
Unfortunately the GUZZI sport helmet is an AGV AIRTECH. Cost around 150 Euros. The cheap AGV range. :(

There, there; don't cry.
You'll find another one, any day! :silly:

Back