• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

07 2v Griso, first service

bsanut

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi...

I have the v/cvr gaskets, I have the engine oil filter, have the valve specs.

So my understanding is I do NOT have to torque the heads? 10/40 synthetic in the motor? Nothing special in the gearbox and rear end, other than what's quoted in the book?

Anything else I have to monkey with? If so I may have to let the dealer do it. It runs pretty well other than a roving idle, on occasion. I'm hoping the PC5 will fix that, once available.

Joe

Don't torque the heads, I believe 15W-50 or 20W-50 for the engine. See latest specifications in this thread. https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 2896#12920

You should also change the gearbox and transmission oils. A good 80W90 synthetic will suffice.

A throttle body syncronization would help, but if you don't have access to an Axone of VDSTS, you shouldn't do that.

Yeah, no kidding. I just did the phone dance with every auto shop I could think of. One said they could order Amsoil or Redline, but I'd have to wait. Not great deals, either.

Bike shops closed today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Joe

Try a BMW bike or auto dealership for the oil, Lot's of folks including me use Red Line Shock Proof Heavy duty gear oil in both the Transmission and the rear (Carc)

You wont find 10W60 Full Synth 4T locally. Amsoil doesnt make it. Motorex does, and Agip does. There is some BMW M series stuff too thats 10-60, I think its Castrol but good luck finding it, and it might be SG, not SJ.

If you are in the States, Go straight to the source:http://www.americanagip.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_6&products_id=6

Get a case of the factory-specified oil, you'll be good for many miles. $123 a case. They ship it to you.

Ed in NJ

If you dont get the 10w-60 oil use at least a 10w-50/15w-50/20w-50 oil due to the high working temp of the aircooled engines!

I reckon this will be a minority opinion but I prefer 20/50 to 10/60 even if I COULD find it. Has to do with the length of the hydrocarbon molecule to get the 10/60 rating. Of course I could be completely wrong so don't listen to me.
But I do agree with Redline Shockproof for the gearbox and rear drive box.

If you are in the states you *can* find it. I posted a link to American Agip. They ship it right to ya. Couldnt be easier. Oh yea, the Agip oil is cheaper than Motorex, which is also available on many many mc sites if you look.

Ed in NJ

Use the good oil if you can get it, I could, my griso also called out for the 10/40 in the manual, thats what the dealer put in, I brought it home, changed the oil, correctly set the tappets, then set the TPS with the VSDT software, no problems. If you ride in a hot climate, the good oil is a safety margin, if you ride in cooler climates, good oil with proper additivies will likely due fine... I suspect when they get the PC V sorted, we can use most any viscosity of oil as long as it has the proper additives for long tappet wear.... the zinc is for wear, the wide viscosity range is for the higher operating temps the new bikes run at, two problems, two solutions....

Back