• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1100 Sport Workshop Stand

Ray1150

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
I'm so cross I was changing the fork oil and the bike fell over.
My fault, it was good enough, cept it wasn't.
Luckily I just knocked a bit of paint off rather than denting anything but f8ckin annoying and unnecessary. I paid at the top end of the monies for this one coz it was original and cosmetically good for a 18 yr old bike. Brilliant. :pinch:

So, moving forward what's a good answer available in the UK or something that I can make that holds the bike securely while I work on it?
Thx
Ray

There are various options on the http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ site.
Don't think the lift would be a good solution as it needs to grip the front wheel. Although it would be a lot easier on my back!
I hadn't seen the bumpstop option, thx, the stelvio has a centre stand and my other bikes fit the Abbas stand.

Ray1150 said:
There are various options on the http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ site.
Don't think the lift would be a good solution as it needs to grip the front wheel. Although it would be a lot easier on my back!
I hadn't seen the bumpstop option, thx, the stelvio has a centre stand and my other bikes fit the Abbas stand.

When you need to raise the front wheel, back the bike onto the lift. With the ground wheel chocks, you back into those as well when you need to work on the front.

Oh dear that came out wrong :laugh:
What I meant was that ideally I want something that gets it off the ground for, fork oil changes, tyre replacement and on the list of jobs gearbox removal.

With such a big flat sump I was thinking along these lines;-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1500lb-680kg- ... 1128276857

What worries me is how stable is the bike once up in the air.

What I need is a skyhook. Beam it up 4 foot Scottie............

How much are you hoping to spend?
If space is limited, I recommend a wheel chock and front end stand and/or a motorcycle jack. All shown below. The wheel chock will support front or rear tires.

M37956222.jpg

F0100-000.jpg

13008%20SCISSOR%20JACK.jpg

I have three sets (front and rear) of the FG stands from Italy ( http://www.fgspecialparts.it/en/cavalletti_moto.htm ). I'm happy with them, not cheap though. If they look familiar it's because FG makes the OEM stands for Ducati. Fast By Ferracci used to import them but now the only importer that I'm aware of is Richard Cronrath at Innovative Motorcycle Research ( http://www.racingmotorcycles.com/ ). They come in a wide variety of colors so long as it's red.....

I have 2 old automotive jack stands that I place under the frame where the spline frame attaches to the pork chop . I lean the bike over and kick one stand ( with a rag on the top to protect new paint) then lean it the other way and kick the second jackstand under the other side. It is very stable and I have done some major maintenance and not ever acted like it wanted to dirt nap.

Similar stand to Shrek's with sockets. The left one slides in and out with a pin that drops in behind the socket when in place and the right socket has a groove machined into it with a screw that lets it rotate, the bolt head on the end is so I can rotate the socket when slipping the stand on.

Nice design James.
Great minds think alike
Its great to see people having a go themselves.
Maybe we dont have much choice down here?

Can't take credit for the design using sockets, it came from a picture on the net!
"Maybe we dont have much choice down here?" Definitely true there, but then I would rather build it myself anyway!

Image Of course you can take credit for getting an idea and making it work for you.
There are not many designs that havnt been influenced by another.Take Dr Johns spine frame for example.
He basically copied an earlier design and refined it to work for him.Yet he takes the credit,rightly or wrong.
Totally agree with wanting to do it yourself.
Heres another stand i just made for my Cali so i could remove the centrestand and fit some carbon race mufflers i had lying around.Totally enjoyed modifying them and not paying for them.
I get great satisfaction modifying,making and testing bits and pieces.
I made a lot of the parts to make my centauro look like a daytona and i feel proud of it.

Hey guys,
Great efforts & pics, really gets the mind going.
I have a simple effective home made jack frame for my 1100 sport that works from the back, will try & post a pic later, as well as a front wheel stand similar to what GT-Rex shows that was avail at the local bike shop new for NZ$120 which works well to ride or push onto without worrying about the side stand; just never pump your tires up when you're on it - it won't release your bike as the tyre gets tightly wedged - very embarrassing!
However, my rear stand won't fit the Centauro because it clashes with its lower rear fender guard - yes Shrek, finally arrived, has 1500 miles & Aussie Staintune exhaust - sounds incredible & is bloody near new, I even have to run it in!
Anyway I digress, I had a quick fang & don't like the riding position, so I pulled the high riser bars back ( & they rotate down) & took off all the silly foot peg lowering castings & put the pegs back where they should be, just like James - now miles better...But, I need to fit an1100 sport brake lever and they aren't cheap! I see u seem to have made one Shrek.? Quiet happy to cut short & put new peg on the gear lever but the brake lever is a bit more tetchy - are there any u know of getting wrecked in Aussie? Only parts at wreckers here is diff, seat & one clip on.
Shrek when I look at your pics I get soooooo tempted to swap bodies on the two bikes, but, as you so rightly said b4, it's on the road in the real world that counts & I the sport still wins out with its long legs & seemingly unlimited surge on WOT.

Thats amazing to pick up a near Centauro these days.They did hang around for a few years on the dealers floors but i didnt thinknthere would be any around with those K,s.
I just had a look for rear brake pedals and still nothing.
I couldnt find a gear or brake pedal when i converted mine,so i made my own.
Have been looking ever since and never seen either second hand.
So unless you have the skills and machinery you may have to buy a new one.
A lot of effort to swap everything over from the sport 1100 to a 4 valve Sport and a 2 valve Centauro?

Yes very lucky to have such low miles, re- chipped with the Staintune - 1 owner.
Well I won't be swapping panels, have best of both worlds so will keep both, but have the Centauro pegs & bars to suit me.
Taken the bit between my teeth & done a brake lever pattern & hope to have one made by the end of the week, laser cut from aircraft aluminium, did the same for the 1100 head guards which I sell.
Will get a couple cut & if you like the one I make I could send over for you at cost.
Trying to download photos from my new phone but not having much joy - try & get some b4 weeks end.

some great ideas ,I use a scissor stand but when it comes to sump off I use a home made effort . Ray if you want send your email address and I will send you pictures ,one of my bikes is a 95 carb model

Image Image Image Image Image I'm thinking of making a similar stand as Shrek/ james now for the Centauro.
As promised pics of my 1100 stand & purchased front wheel stand.
The 1100 stand is made from heavy wall pipe and has swivelling angles with rubber glued to them.
I make sure the angles are postioned correctly, hold the 1100 with one hand by the carrier & can swing the stand under the swing arm with the other, once under you can walk the stand under the swingarm to even it up ( & if you feel your losing balance a bit of downward pressure will stabilise & level the bike), then just push down & up she goes.
You might see in the pic that you can thread your chain lock thru the stand - extra security.

Back