• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport Center Stand Solution?

Steve Harvey

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hi All!

I have a 2008 1200 Sport. No center stand. I want to start maintaining the forks myself. Without a center stand, is it okay to block the bike up under the oil pan to remove the forks?

Going kinda crazy trying to figure a DIY stand for front end maint.

Thanks!

Steve
Livermore, CA

The 1100 Breva center stand should work. If you don't want a permanent stand see what Pit Bull has to offer. Some of there stands lift the front of the bike via the steering head. Also the oil pan is strong enough to support the weight of the bike. pit-bull.com It should be the same stand that works for the 1100 Breva. If they don't list one, I can swing by their facility with my bike to see what works.

The center stand is available from Stein-Dinse. I bought it last year and wrote a Google review with photos.

Todd here sells their products on the STORE link above.

55DC53AD 3D2A 4BEC A987 0BDCFD1AB571

For anyone reading this in the future this stand is no longer available from this supplier.

Not unexpected.

I wrote that almost 1.5 years ago and it was a product for my 2008 1200 Sport which 11 years old at that time. I’m very grateful I grabbed it while it was available.

It is unrealistic to expect otherwise on accessories for Moto Guzzi.

For What It’s Worth- I have passed on various R model BMW’s simply because the luggage is no longer available. Sad but true.

Although no longer available, Stein-Dinse did list the following motorcycles for that particular stand:

Moto Guzzi 1100 Breva , BJ 2005 - 2007
Moto Guzzi 1100 Breva ABS , BJ 2005 - 2007
Moto Guzzi 1200 Norge , BJ 2006 - 2010
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2V , BJ 2006 - 2007
Moto Guzzi 850 Breva , BJ 2007 - 2009

Thanks Scott. I may have one or two used ones at my shop, or fabricating one could be an option. Anyone reading this that’s interested, please email me; Info @GuzziTech.com - No DMs or posts here calling me out.

I ended up getting a becker-technic one for the sport. Now just need the sport back to try it out.
Thanks all x

I ended up getting a becker-technic one for the sport. Now just need the sport back to try it out.
Thanks all x
Please say what and where you got it for somebody who might need this later.

A photo would be fantastic.

I don’t think you are talking about a center stand but a service center lift instead perhaps?

Sorry yes service centre lifter as I gave up on centre stand and dont use centre stand usually except in garage.
Trying it tomorrow when I get the bike back. If it doesnt quite fit ill adapt it anyway.

I fitted bobbins in the pillion footrests of many of my guzzisti. I then cut up a perfectly good stand and extended the length and the width so the stand would match the width of the bobbins.

Here's a pix of my Griso with no wheels.

Griso with no wheels

I think I can put a Garolite tube through the swing arm hole and rest that on some jack stands to hold the bike securely.
If you are referring to the chrome rings above the foot pegs, careful as those are decorative plastic (per below pic). The tube itself is steel, but you will damage the chrome plastic and the bike will likely fall over if you use them for support. One solution would be to put a sleeve inside to downsize the hole size to clear the plastic.

PegBrkts

Be carful anyone using the becker stand for the 1200 sport as you need to modify it to clear the oil pipe coming out of the sump anyway.
The Griso one I think used holes near the footrests, the 1200 uses the holes to ther centre stand which actually looks a bit dodgy to me even when you have cleared the oil pipe.

I got one of these - It holds the bike - steady
( I also put eylets in the cement wall and ratchet strap it to make sure nothings going anywhere. )
Then I use a jack with something between the bike and the cup to protect it...

I just fitted bobbins to the bottom of my pillion footrests. The are visible when the pegs are up, but do not hinder the pillion's feet when dropped horizontally. Very cheap to install.

I had to custom extend the stand, both width and height to reach the bobbins. Later when I purchased my GRiSO 1200SE, I have to raise the stand slightly by using a couple of 6x2 planks.

Not a very good photo.

GRiSO on Stands

One day I might extend the stand a little further and not have to use the planks when lifting the GRiSO.

Last edited:
Back