• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

'13+ V7 Airbox lid

Wisconsin v7 Racer

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Found this on ebay. Replaces the existing snorkel cover to increase air flow. Don't know how much it would help but would look nice with my BMC filter. Only place I found anything like this was on ebay.  3

I do air box rings/lids when I see it is beneficial. The stock lid on the '13+ V7 is very high flow, so unless you are just looking for bling on above, there is little benefit.
The BMC filter is of value on the '13+ V7's, and I offer them on the online Store HERE -- though you will need fueling revisions with this set up.
Happy Easter every one.

The biggest gain in performance you could get would be to let Todd reflash your ECU. That will make a huge difference in the bike.
Just my two cents, based on real world experience.....

I have had Todd reflash my ecu and I have the 2 into 1 pipes and the BMC air filter. I am beyond happy with everything. I know Todd makes simular products for other bikes and was hoping he made these. It's not always about performance gains half of it is looks or just making mine diffrent from the rest. Wasn't trying to start something just thought it looked like a product that couldn't do no harm and just happened to be on ebay.

You already have more airflow then you would ever need with the stock filter system. I would be very surprised to see any increase in power with a K&N style filter or that mod shown above. Smoke and mirrors. K&N style filters just allow more dirt to get into the system.

820cc's and 4 valves....jeez....that is going to be a bad ass ride...
FWIW, I have raced my friend on his Thruxton many times, he would always get me by a bike length in the 1/4 mile. Two days ago, with the 750cc 4 valve, I smoked him by two bike lengths, was shifting right at 7000 rpm....I could hear him hitting his rev limiter behind me...lol...

K&N type filters do little if anything to increase power. The truth is paper stock filters provide more air then you would or could ever use. Only thing K&N type filters do is let more dirt into the engine. I'm using a K&N style filter on my V7 mostly because of the return oil system used on this bike which cause my paper filter to get wet with oil a bit. So this problem negated with the K&N since it need oil to filter out particulates.

Only thing K&N type filters do is let more dirt into the engine.
I'll have to disagree... any other medium outside of oiled-gauze in my dirt-track racing days would allow dirt in. The K&N's did an amazing job.

Could be that paper will let in small dust particulates for sure, although with smaller micron size then K&N style filters. Oil bath will hold onto the small stuff better. I always used oil bath foam filters on my dirt bikes. Never trusted paper or K&N with fine dusty conditions.

Reports I've seen on the K&N is that it will let some smaller stuff get by, but then again paper will also. Could be a maintenance issue as far as how often you clean and oil them. Like I say I'm using one (K&N style) on this V7 because of the oil misting issue inside the airbox and I had an issue with oil getting on the bottom of the paper filter. So I would highly recommend K&N style filters for this bike just for that reason alone. You get the oil toward the top of the dip stick and you get an oil mist into the airbox on this bike. That K&N gives me peace of mind brother along with that extended sump, two best mods for these bikes as far as I'm concern.

How much dirt is let in is such a small amount it's probably a wash anyway. Probably helps the cylinder walls stay polished LOL.

Heck years ago they ran open with no filters at all... oil and/or air. We have become very spoiled.

Last edited:
I"ll be seriously interested in a 820cc/4v kit, wil the 1tb be a problem though?
Single TB should run better than dual TB, as the 1TB engines have dual Lambda sensors. Todd's 2016 Racer will have the 1TB, 4 valve, 820cc kit installed.

Looks good, Is that a K&N filter? I used one meant for a BMW with blue rubber around the edge and noticed it does not fit properly all the way around. It's got some humps on the ends that push it in a bit and it fits sloppy.

This is an old thread now.
The air box on my 2015 V7ii "ABS" Stone was filling with oil. This was eventually traced to a split breather hose on one of the heads. Apparently this allowed oil to be sucked up by the inlet instead of returned to the sump. The sponges were also replaced.
It has ceased filling the sponges and air box with oil. The low revs falter or flat spot above idle has gone too.

I've used a K&N on the other bike for about 4 years. They are similar to the olde Vokes desert filters. One advantage of oiled cotton is they let less dirt through, not more. They offer less resistance to the inlet suck, not that they allow more air in, but that it is less effort. Another advantage is that unlike paper filters, they continue to work when soaking wet. That other bike has a PCV which allows the mapping to be altered to take advantage of such small improvements, these things don't do much in isolation.

Back