• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

13+ V7-V9 MIU ECU Error Codes

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
A short list found embedded in the Service Manual. I haven't found a complete list yet.

P0105 Air pressure sensor - short circuit to positive / open circuit, short circuit to
P0106 Air pressure sensor - short circuit to positive / open circuit, short circuit to neg-
P0107 Air pressure sensor - signal not valid.
P0108 Air pressure sensor - signal not valid.
P0110 Air temperature sensor - open circuit, shorted to positive / shorted to negative.
P0115 Engine temperature sensor - open circuit, shorted to positive / shorted to negative.
P0116 Engine temperature sensor - signal not valid.
P0129 Throttle position sensor - illogical signal.
P0130 Lambda probe - shorted to positive / circuit, shorted to negative.
P0134 Lambda probe - voltage without variation.
P0135 Lambda probe heating - shorted to positive / open circuit, shorted to negative.
P0136 Check the air-fuel ratio / Lambda probe
P0140 Lambda probe heater - voltage without variation.
P0141 Lambda probe heater - shorted to positive / shorted to negative / open circuit.
P0150 Lambda probe - shorted to positive / circuit, shorted to negative.
P0155 Lambda probe heating - shorted to positive / open circuit, shorted to negative.
P0160 Throttle Limp Home self-acquisition P0160 - test failed.
P0161 Throttle mechanical springs self-acquisition - test failed.
P0162 Throttle minimum mechanical position self-acquisition P0162 - test failed.
P0164 Throttle supply voltage during self-acquisition
P0165 Throttle first self-learning NOT performed - test not carried out.
P0166 Throttle control circuit
P0167 Throttle position error - misalignment between control and activation.
P0170 Starter command - shorted to positive
P0180 Throttle Limp Home self-acquisition P0180 - test failed.
P0181 Throttle mechanical spring self-acquisition - test failed.
P0182 Throttle minimum mechanical position self-acquisition - test failed.
P0184 Throttle supply voltage during self-acquisition
P0185 Throttle first self-acquisition NOT performed - test not carried out.
P0186 Throttle control circuit
P0187 Throttle position error - misalignment between control and activation.
P0201 Front injector - shorted to positive / shorted to negative / open circuit.
P0202 Left injector - shorted to positive / shorted to negative / open circuit.
P0204 Injector error
P0210 Error for unexpected intake air in the cylinder manifold - signal not valid.
P0211 Error for unexpected intake air in the cylinder manifold - signal not valid.
P0215 Manifold pressure - pressure too high/pressure
P0216 Manifold pressure - pressure too high/pressure too
P0217 Manifold error - signal not valid.
P0218 Manifold error - signal not valid.
P0230 Fuel pump relay - shorted to positive / shorted to negative / open circuit.
P0336 Engine speed sensor - Synchronism lost
P0351 H.V. Coil - shorted to positive / open circuit or shorted to negative.
P0352 H.V. Coil - shorted to positive / open circuit or shorted to negative
P0410 - Secondary Air System malfunction
P0500 - Sensor/vehicle speed signal
P0501 - Front wheel speed/ABS sensor -- Over maximum limit/ signal not valid.
P0502 - Rear wheel speed/ABS sensor -- Engine Control Unit (ECU) has detected a different reading of speed between the vehicle speed sensor and the wheel speed sensor.
P0512 - Starter request circuit failed
P0560 - System Voltage Malfunction
P0601 - EPROM Error- circuit not operational.
P0605 - Control Module Fault
P0608 - Control Module VSS Output A Malfunction
P0609 - Control Module VSS Output B Malfunction
P0610 Reset lines error- circuit not operational
P0611 - Data file saved (for safety) **Can only be reset by dealers PADS**
P0650 - Indicator lamp not functioning
P0653 - ECU has detected a high voltage condition from the coil or related.
P1607 - Data file saved (for safety) **Can only be reset by dealers PADS**
P1800 - Variable Air (SAS)
P2158 - Faulty wheel speed or ABS sensor

U0122 - Immobilizer/Key alarm related - corrected on one by replacement of the left side bar switchgear.

John, the MIU would be hiding under Aprilia (scooter). I am not aware of any Ducati that used the MIU.

P1607 - Data file saved (for safety) **Can only be reset by dealers PADS**

Has anyone found an workaround – seems ridiculous to have to pay a dealership to literally delete via the P.A.D.S software.

Does GuzziDiag take care of this?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am having an issue with this error Code - Error code B0008 (ALARM DISCONNECTED). Below is the explanation and that can be done to revolve the issue. I am handy but new to the Guzzi world and have difficulty understanding what it means or what to check. What's happening is that the bike shuts off when I am going up the gears (2-3) and I then get the error above.

Occurs during the encoding of the first key connection, if the CAN line from the engine control unit is missing, the error is activated
Identification
· General alarm warning continuously on (red) and indication "ALARM DISCONNECTED" on the display

Troubleshooting
· Check the integrity and the continuity of the cables of the CAN line between PIN 8 instrument cluster and PIN 27 injection control unit and between PIN 1 instrument cluster and PIN 26 injection control unit
· Further check that in the CAN line is no continuity with the vehicle mass or with positive

Hi Guys, I am having an issue with this error Code - Error code B0008 (ALARM DISCONNECTED). Below is the explanation and that can be done to revolve the issue. I am handy but new to the Guzzi world and have difficulty understanding what it means or what to check. What's happening is that the bike shuts off when I am going up the gears (2-3) and I then get the error above.

Occurs during the encoding of the first key connection, if the CAN line from the engine control unit is missing, the error is activated
Identification
· General alarm warning continuously on (red) and indication "ALARM DISCONNECTED" on the display

Troubleshooting
· Check the integrity and the continuity of the cables of the CAN line between PIN 8 instrument cluster and PIN 27 injection control unit and between PIN 1 instrument cluster and PIN 26 injection control unit
· Further check that in the CAN line is no continuity with the vehicle mass or with positive

If you do not understand this, then this should tell you one thing. Take it to a qualified Moto Guzzi mechanic.

I'm sorry, but this is the truth and will save you much heartache and aggravation in the long run.

If you do not understand this, then this should tell you one thing. Take it to a qualified Moto Guzzi mechanic.

I'm sorry, but this is the truth and will save you much heartache and aggravation in the long run.
Thanks for the advise but didnt join the forum to take it to a mechanic. Just needed a bit of direction.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am having an issue with this error Code - Error code B0008 (ALARM DISCONNECTED).
Does the bike start at all? If no, this is an error message that the ECU gives on screen when reading/writing to the ECU. It could be that the ECU is corrupted by third party ECU software (happens often). If this is the case, there's no way to correct it outside of ECU/Throttle Body replacement. About all I can be of help with here.

Does the bike start at all? If no, this is an error message that the ECU gives on screen when reading/writing to the ECU. It could be that the ECU is corrupted by third party ECU software (happens often). If this is the case, there's no way to correct it outside of ECU/Throttle Body replacement. About all I can be of help with here.
That’s the weird part. It does turn on just fine and even after the shut off, I can ride it. But at a certain speed or shifting from second to third, i get the error message and the bike dies.

Identification

Troubleshooting

· Further check that in the CAN line is no continuity with the vehicle mass or with positive...

Thanks for the advise but didnt join the forum to take it to a mechanic. Just needed a bit of direction.

Darwin,

I didn’t tell you what I did to be a douchebag.

I told it to you because you don’t have the necessary preliminary knowledge for the conversation that needs to be had to solve your issue.

But...I’ll give it a try anyway...

You need much more than “a bit of direction” my friend... Sorry.

The text above says the following:

The error that you are seeing displayed, NORMALLY, is an error that occurs when trying to register keys to the ECU.

The keys have a microchip encoder inside of them, that are introduced (programmed) to the ENGINE CONTROL UNIT (ECU), through a process of cycling the master key in the ignition, followed by cycling of the primary key, and secondary key, etc This process links those keys microchip code to the ECU, so that the ECU knows these to be authorized keys.

It’s part of the theft deterrent system.

However, this error normally would occur during this key programming process, and not while just riding the bike.

IF it were occurring during key programming, then they want you to check continuity of the circuit on the CAN bus (wiring harness)

“between PIN 8 instrument cluster and PIN 27 injection control unit “

and

“between PIN 1 instrument cluster and PIN 26 injection control unit”

This requires looking at the wiring diagram to identify the location of the wire.

You then need a multimeter with very fine leads to connect one lead at the one end (pin 8) and the other lead to (pin 27), and use the continuity function of the multimeter to verify that the wire is intact and transmitting the electrical signal (you are checking that there isn’t a short or grounding out of that wire).

You then check the same thing for the other wire (pin 1 and pin 26).

If neither of those 2 wires have a problem, then they want you to check than the individual pins previously checked, have no continuity (connected circuit) between them and either the negative polarity side of the electronics (i.e. the negative battery or the chassis of the bike which is negative) and that also they do not have direct continuity to the positive side of the battery.

“· Further check that in the CAN line is no continuity with the vehicle mass or with positive...“

Now, in reality, you should not be seeing this particular error while riding the bike. It makes as much sense as a charging light lighting up on a car that isn’t even running. It makes no sense at all.

So, these types of unusual errors typically have 2 causes. 1 - a poor condition battery. Take the motorcycle battery to an AutoZone or large corporate auto parts store, and they can “load check” the battery FOR FREE, to determine it’s state of health. It may be in poor condition and causing your ECU error.

NOTE: Battery Load Testing is not the same thing as simply reading the voltage across the battery terminals! It’s very different indeed.

STOP! AFTER YOU REMOVE THE BATTERY BUT BEFORE YOU TAKE IT TO BE LOAD TESTED, GO BACK TO PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD, AND FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS FOR RESETTING THE ECU TO A GROUND STATE. IT CAN BE RESETTING WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.

The other cause, #2 - If the battery checks out okay, then Todd is most likely correct in that somebody previously performed a direct access to the firmware written on the ECU, with software they got on the internet, and the ECU is now corrupted, which if this is the case, the repair is both long and VERY expensive as it would require the ECU to be completely replaced with a factory one and new keys to be programmed to it to function correctly.

My only two questions at this time are:

1. if this happens every time you ride the motorcycle?

and

2. Are there any modifications to the bike wiring, like did somebody change out the turn signals, lights, etc?

If you see this exact same error, exactly the same way every time, it is most likely a corrupted ECU but again, have the battery load tested and give us your results as a first step.

A proper Moto Guzzi dealer can connect the Piaggio computer to your ECU, and immediately determine if it has been overwritten or corrupted, but they will charge you for this service.

Post back the results of your battery load test.

Good luck!

FYI:

A CAN bus is not like a standard wiring loom. They are much more complex and sensitive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Last edited:
You need much more than “a bit of direction”.

The text above says the following:

The error that you are seeing displayed, NORMALLY, is an error that occurs when trying to register keys to the ECU.

The keys have a microchip encoder inside of them, that are introduced (programmed) to the ENGINE CONTROL UNIT (ECU), through a process of cycling the master key in the ignition, followed by cycling of the primary key, and secondary key, etc This process links those keys microchip code to the ECU, so that the ECU knows these to be authorized keys.

It’s part of the theft deterrent system.

However, this error normally would occur during this key programming process, and not while just riding the bike.

IF it were occurring during key programming, then they want you to check continuity of the circuit on the CAN bus (wiring harness)

“between PIN 8 instrument cluster and PIN 27 injection control unit “

and

“between PIN 1 instrument cluster and PIN 26 injection control unit”

This requires looking at the wiring diagram to identify the location of the wire.

You then need a multimeter with very fine leads to connect one lead at the one end (pin 8) and the other lead to (pin 27), and use the continuity function of the multimeter to verify that the wire is intact and transmitting the electrical signal (you are checking that there isn’t a short or grounding out of that wire).

You then check the same thing for the other wire (pin 1 and pin 26).

If neither of those 2 wires have a problem, then they want you to check than the individual pins previously checked, have no continuity (connected circuit) between them and either the negative polarity side of the electronics (i.e. the negative battery or the chassis of the bike which is negative) and that also they do not have direct continuity to the positive side of the battery.

“· Further check that in the CAN line is no continuity with the vehicle mass or with positive...“

Now, in reality, you should not be seeing this particular error while riding the bike. It makes as much sense as a charging light lighting up on a car that isn’t even running. It makes no sense at all.

So, these types of unusual errors typically have 2 causes. 1 - a poor condition battery. Take the motorcycle battery to an AutoZone or large corporate auto parts store, and they can “load check” the battery FOR FREE, to determine it’s state of health. It may be in poor condition and causing your ECU error.

NOTE: Battery Load Testing is not the same thing as simply reading the voltage across the battery terminals! It’s very different indeed.

The other cause, #2 - If the battery checks out okay, then Todd is most likely correct in that somebody previously performed a direct access to the firmware written on the ECU, with software they got on the internet, and the ECU is now corrupted, which if this is the case, the repair is both long and VERY expensive as it would require the ECU to be completely replaced with a factory one and new keys to be programmed to it to function correctly.

My only two questions at this time are:

1. if this happens every time you ride the motorcycle?

and

2. Are there any modifications to the bike wiring, like did somebody change out the turn signals, lights, etc?

If you see this exact same error, exactly tge same way every time, it is most likely a corrupted ECU but again, have the battery load tested and give us your results as a first step.

A proper Moto Guzzi dealer can connect the Piaggio computer to your ECU, and immediately determine if it has been overwritten or corrupted, but they will charge you for this service.

Post back the results of your battery load test.

Good luck!

FYI:

A CAN bus is not like a standard wiring loom. They are much more complex and sensitive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus
Major thanks on the explanation. I just want to learn about the bike and how it works and should the issue be out of my league, talking to a guzzi mechanic. Now the key could be the issue; the cylinder was changed as the bike had no keys (rebuilt bike). I’ll have to ask as my friend to verify. Mostly likely he just installed the part without this knowledge. I’ll work my way down the list.

Hello. I have a V7iii Stone. 2500 km now and post first service. I have been slowly increasing the revs to complete my running in and since I am a cautious sort of guy downloaded the ECU errors and found P1607. I have searched on this forum and others and looked in the service manual which says: "
This indication appears only if the Level 2 safety has reset the engine (C gravity). The in-
strument panel does not indicate the presence of this error even in the ATT status."
Whatever that means!
My question is, is this common? Has the appearance of this code ever lead to other problems with any bikes? Should I do anything about it?
Thanks for looking
Mark

Back