• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1400 Custom as Mandello Intended

wforider

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I have had my Moto Guzzi Custom for over a year now.

I have been in the motorcycle industry for over 10 years at aBMW , Triumph and Ducati dealership in Califorinia.

I have had only two Guzzi’s over the years out of approximately 30 bikes.

But always had a love affair with the brand. And always for Twins.

Its not easy for any Marques with just air cooled twins in there line up to survive .

there is always the battle of fuel ,air, and heat control for a powerful smooth running Twin.

When i first saw the 1400 Custom that i had to own it, it wasn't perfect but it had the heart and soul of a bike that i always wanted underneath me and my girlfriend hates to ride on anything else. I have had 3 BMW’s since the purchase of the 1400. All good bikes. All gone...My 1400 has evolved to a perfect bike for me.

No bikes come with the perfect setup for any rider. If you been with the sport for a period of time there always things out there that will make your ride awesome.

The first things i almost alway do is ergonomics, Seat and bars if needed. I have a Rick Mayer seat with stock bars and a cut down touring wind shield.

Next suspension is one of my main priorities. Almost all of my 30 rides fell short with the exception of my olhlins front and rear equipped Ducati. There is allot choices out there from a full range of prices. I found out in the motorcycle industry you pay for what you get. So i like quality but can’t afford all at once.

I checked out allot of venders and came back to “Guzzi Tech” for allot of my changes and been very happy from the knowledge and passion from Todd , he always on the cutting edge of whats happening.

I had “GT” custom order Penske’s for the 1400 and Had the Matris Cartridge”s front fork upgrades. I do allot of two up riding, i was looking for both plush and control and i got it for both ends. Controlling weight transfer with a plush ride while carrying speed is not easy to obtain but “Guzzi Tech” setup makes the 1400 a hoot to ride.

Had a good summer on the set up took a 4k trip and had a blast.

A month ago i sold my GSA, the bike is a great bike if you want to eat the planet, great super touring Mega bike but mega touring is not often these days and it sits in the garage while the Guzzi spits out the corners and leaves a smile on my face.

So it was time to approach the fueling/power on the bike, all fuel injection bikes possess their own unique problems, it just the way it is.

Guzzi builds awesome motors they like many fall into the Skinny Pants syndrome.

Does any Guzzi rider want to wear skinny Pants NO! well maybe 2 % of the V-7 riders :)

The skinny’s pant doesnt breath, no room to roam, has restriction everywhere and you run hot wearing them. All show and no go.

Well Moto Guzzi had to put skinny pants on many of their great motors that we get from Mandello.

Its not how they were built to run.

I research the shit out this, Rexxer is a current thing happening, my Ducati mechanic who is super mechanic been trained in Italy said Rexxer only had one map and it wasn't a home run, that it needed work. Guzzi Dialog wasn't even a choice doesn't seem any real success across the board.

I saw “Guzzi Tech” stuff,

I was down with there solid re-flash offered but wasn't up to date on the major improvements of the Power Commander and Auto Tune. These three newly married together items give incredible results.

Mine you all ECU have many layers extra information on them, traction control...complete fueling for many different bikes on their individual line ups. You cant re write all the data..well you can if your on a Factory race team but average guy no.

The reflash from Todd @ Guzzi Tech gave me a very nice running motor, add the power commander to add fuel to the lower register of the bikes rev range, i’m told Auto Tune constantly changes the fuel mixture until you red line, each gear, every elevation change every snatch of the throttle.

The Auto tune monitors three fuel mixture by 2 wide band Bosch sensors that are reading your exhaust constantly making adjustments. It like having a Your own Dyno attached to your bike 24/ Seven.

SIMPLY put your bike will run like it was suppose to when it was built....not what we ended up with.

Meeting Todd was totally refreshing experience .

This Kat has been married to the Marque since forever. His motorcycles IQ is off the hook, His mentors and influences are legendary. A story that should be shared, very interesting.

Yes he uses a reflash box, it was built custom for him by the man that sold his knowledge and box to Rexxer. The grand master if you will.

Todd has the Mother ship and more Guzzi Maps then in the dusty halls of Mandello.

He can make any Guzzi run better.

We Guzzi owners are lucky to access to him, if you want enjoy your bike more consult with him...flat out.

The running of my bike was instantly perfect. I can Motor down to 1,400-1,500 in third gear and it pulls out cleanly.

Every 1/16 of a inch of throttle index provides perfect acceleration...it just pulls every- where..great healthy power on demand.

Coming back from LA/Ca i ran the Grapevine, filled up at the base and maintained a 4k rpm ride over the pass and then for a bout another 80 miles and had 38 mpg.

Lowest was a 36...

The bike feels awesome at 3k-3500....i just never ran it there because the bike wasn't getting enough fuel and didn't like it. Between 4k -5k you with have the most fun then 5k-7k just hang on.

i also put on his Pipes, nice freaking build, took off my Agostinis, open up the air box and did his Reflash, Power commander and Auto tune.

Now I how a outstanding running bike...the change will blow you away.

If nothing else check out a reflash and enjoy your ride.

Thanks so much Joe, it was an absolute pleasure meeting and hanging with you... and really appreciate the business and the post. We'll be in touch again I'm sure. Enjoy the beast until then!

Back