• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1952 Astore Sport

MFLicenzi

Just got it firing!
I am very slowly restoring my 1952 Moto Guzzi. Little by little I have been able to find the information I need to get it mechanically sound, but I can't find anything in the way of a wiring schematic for the bike. I was hoping that someone here might be able to point my in the right direction. Thank you.

I have several wiring diagrams I could photocopy and snail mail or possibly digitally photogragh and email. These early singles had a variety of different headlamps. What is the motor number on your bike? I`ve owned two documented 52 falcones, yours looks like a genuine 52 falcone, which wasnt officially called a sport at the time but was produced in full sport specifications and is truly a Sport model. The Astore wasn`t called a sport but was the touring 500 model. It`s easy of course for many of the parts to be swapped around by now, but your bike very much appears as a 52 falcone, the engine number will help confirm that. The oil tank is correct for your year the headlight and tailight bracketmay be from the later 50`s or early 60`s.
Cool bike ! Bill

Here are the chassis #'s. It's hard to see but the # is 34755. Thanks for the help.

MFL, Bill's your guy... he's done some truly amazing restorations, and his daily-rider Falcone is simply fantastico. I'll try to dig up some photos to post.

Also, for wiring diagrams, perhaps check out THESE as well. Carl Allison (on this board) has put an incredible amount of time into them.
Bill, you should send them to Carl to add to his list above as well.

Check in/post often... Looks like a fun project!

After you said something about the headlight not being right, I went back to some of the old pictures of the bike and I see that my dad must have changed it. I found the original in a box of parts, but the chrome is in horrible shape, and the lamp is missing. I will take pictures of the insides of each and post them if it will help. Thanks again.

Here is the headlight that is on the bike now. It has one red lens on top.

Attachments

• 1952_headlight1resize.jpg
    1952_headlight1resize.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 385
Here is the headlight from the box of parts. I'm wondering if just the lamp and lens parts were exchanged because of the bad condition of the chrome. This one has one red and one green lens on top.

Thanks for the link. Now I just have to figure out which one is the closest match, and which headlight to put on the bike.

I've decided to use the older looking headlight body, and put the original lens assembly back on. Still having some major issues with the electrical though.

The headlight internals look to be in remarkedly good condition on both shells with original components. The eyebrowed chrome ring from the first bike picture was produced much later than 52. I`ve seen close to probably 7 different arrangements on the headlight shells over the years from the 50 or so falcones i`ve seen. running light ights , emblems, locations of such, big variety !
In looking at your engine number, I believe this bike was built as a Astore, thats not a prefix you normally see on a Falcone. The cases are slightly different between the two as one of the Astore`s transmission shafts was in a different location. Your bike then went thru some changes and was modified to appear as a Falcone Sport : Alloy wheels, handlebars, footpegs, rear brake pedal,front fender, rear seat. I cant tell what carb is on it, MD27 or SS1 29 dellorto? Email me your address and I`ll snail mail you a scan of some wiring diagrams.I have one in color also. It`s a pretty small harness and simple, the numbers on the diagram line up with the numbers on the headlight electrical componentsWhat problems are you having ?
There are nice repo seat covers and even complete seats ft and rear available in Italy, are your springs under the seat in good shape ? Have you been riding the bike ? I think it`s pretty cool that your Dad owned it , these are great machines to keep in the family. Bill

I spoke with my mom yesterday about the bike. Apparently, my dad found it at a friends shop in Genova while we were there is 1972 and had it shipped over later that year. She also told me that it was a Stradale. The carb was changed in the 70's to a VHB 29 A. As for the wiring, the horn works when the bike is not running, but once running the horn button just makes the charge light go on and off. The brake light doesn't work, but the switch also affects the charge light. The headlight doesn't work either. With the bike off, turning the key left lights the charge light, and turning it right burns out the fuse. I do have a few pictures of the bike from 1972,3,4,5...etc. We used to enter it in the bike show in Daytona every year up until 1983.

After communicating with some family members over in Italy, I got just a little more info. It was built like this from the factory. Apparently, during the change over from Astore to Falcone, some of the already manufactured chassis' were fitted with the newer Falcone parts. This kinda sheds light on why my father always called it an "Astore Sport". It has just taken me till now to make sense of it.

Back