• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1970s (1976?) Le Mans - pix

Nicolai

Just got it firing!
Lost in forum-land....not sure this is the right place, feel free to move if not.

I had promised photos of my old (35-year neglected, SHAME on me!) 850 Le Mans kitted to 1000.IIt was my I'ddream bike,b and after it2 motobecanes LT, 2 125MZ and 2 250MZ, then a Laverda SF750, I bought this babe in 80(?) from a guy who had gotten it from early 70's famed Krajka (atelier outisde Paris and superb racer) and adjusted it to make it street-legal in 1978.
I rode it two years all around France on small roads enough( to blow the aft shaft bearing riding at 180km/h on the free section of Autoroute du Sud returning from Paul Ricard race). Then I left in 83 to the USA with a backpack....and never really came back (until now).
The rear wheel moves only about 10 degrees and of course there's abundant rust. It deserves a complete remake but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to handle that (also due to bad Rhumatoid Arthritis in hands and other health issues).
Just looking at her,I blush in embarrassment and love ;-)
Love Thy Bike and Treat Her Right !

IMG 20190823 115201 IMG 20190823 115135 IMG 20190823 115127 IMG 20190823 115113 IMG 20190823 115059 IMG 20190823 115146

Great bike. I love the real Moto Guzzi signs glued to the tank and side covers, not just stickers like in mine.

I remember the 2 stroke Motobécanes! even the short-lived 350cc 3 cyclinders one.

This Le Mans looks absolutely terrific. There is probably a few thousand $/Euros needed to bring this bike to life, not just cosmetic issues but road worthy. Don't let her rot! At least I would make sure the engine is still turning and not rusting from the inside. Nothing like getting a 40 years old bike back to life! Thierry in Chicago

[With a name like yours and knowledge of the Motobecane 350, tu es sûrement gaulois, encore un résistant d'un petit village d'irréductibles ;-)

The rear wheel did turn the engine over until a couple of years ago, but now it's only giving a very few degrees of rotation. The 100tj anniversary of Guzzi is motivation, and maybe I'll take time next year to take it all apart and give it the TLC is oh so deserves!

Then again, maybe I'll rather ride to Prudhoe Bay and visit my niece in Chicago... Life can be funnily complicated ;-)

Ride safe (not like a parissien or marseillais ;-))

[With a name like yours and knowledge of the Motobecane 350, tu es sûrement gaulois, encore un résistant d'un petit village d'irréductibles ;-)

The rear wheel did turn the engine over until a couple of years ago, but now it's only giving a very few degrees of rotation. The 100tj anniversary of Guzzi is motivation, and maybe I'll take time next year to take it all apart and give it the TLC is oh so deserves!

Then again, maybe I'll rather ride to Prudhoe Bay and visit my niece in Chicago... Life can be funnily complicated ;-)

Ride safe (not like a parissien or marseillais ;-))

haha. You are correct! Sorry I got busy Actually my family comes from not far away from Astérix home! If one day you want to sell it let me know. given the parts that are hard to find it would cost 2X the price to bring it back to its former glory.

Back