Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

1970s (1976?) Le Mans - pix

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Nicolai, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Nicolai

Nicolai Just got it firing!

Lost in forum-land....not sure this is the right place, feel free to move if not.

I had promised photos of my old (35-year neglected, SHAME on me!) 850 Le Mans kitted to 1000.IIt was my I'ddream bike,b and after it2 motobecanes LT, 2 125MZ and 2 250MZ, then a Laverda SF750, I bought this babe in 80(?) from a guy who had gotten it from early 70's famed Krajka (atelier outisde Paris and superb racer) and adjusted it to make it street-legal in 1978.
    I rode it two years all around France on small roads enough( to blow the aft shaft bearing riding at 180km/h on the free section of Autoroute du Sud returning from Paul Ricard race). Then I left in 83 to the USA with a backpack....and never really came back (until now).
    The rear wheel moves only about 10 degrees and of course there's abundant rust. It deserves a complete remake but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to handle that (also due to bad Rhumatoid Arthritis in hands and other health issues).
    Just looking at her,I blush in embarrassment and love ;-)
    Love Thy Bike and Treat Her Right !

IMG_20190823_115201.jpg IMG_20190823_115135.jpg IMG_20190823_115127.jpg IMG_20190823_115113.jpg IMG_20190823_115059.jpg IMG_20190823_115146.jpg

Raven likes this.
  2. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

It is "resting" peacefully and comfortably.

Alex

3. thierry roullier

thierry roullier Just got it firing!

Great bike. I love the real Moto Guzzi signs glued to the tank and side covers, not just stickers like in mine.

I remember the 2 stroke Motobécanes! even the short-lived 350cc 3 cyclinders one.

This Le Mans looks absolutely terrific. There is probably a few thousand $/Euros needed to bring this bike to life, not just cosmetic issues but road worthy. Don't let her rot! At least I would make sure the engine is still turning and not rusting from the inside. Nothing like getting a 40 years old bike back to life! Thierry in Chicago

4. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

For the amount of time it has been "hibernating", it looks pretty good. At least it was stored in a pigeon free environment.:)

5. Nicolai

Nicolai Just got it firing!

[With a name like yours and knowledge of the Motobecane 350, tu es sûrement gaulois, encore un résistant d'un petit village d'irréductibles ;-)

The rear wheel did turn the engine over until a couple of years ago, but now it's only giving a very few degrees of rotation. The 100tj anniversary of Guzzi is motivation, and maybe I'll take time next year to take it all apart and give it the TLC is oh so deserves!

Then again, maybe I'll rather ride to Prudhoe Bay and visit my niece in Chicago... Life can be funnily complicated ;-)

Ride safe (not like a parissien or marseillais ;-))