• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1998 V11 EV Passenger Seat Removal

Dave Wright

Just got it firing!
I am having trouble removing the rear passenger seat on my 1998 V11 EV. Need to remove it because I am having it rebuilt by Russell Day-Long very soon and need to ship it to them. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

OK, front hold is upper shock mount bolts, rear hold is bolts that go through frame & rear fender(all the way back). You don't have to remove bolts but very loose. Back ones you have to reach on inside of fender.
Welcome to Forum!! I grew up in West Chicago on west side of DuPage Co Airport

Forgot to mention that you have to take off the chrome tin on each side to access.

Last edited:
OK, front hold is upper shock mount bolts, rear hold is bolts that go through frame & rear fender(all the way back). You don't have to remove bolts but very loose. Back ones you have to reach on inside of fender.
Welcome to Forum!! I grew up in West Chicago on west side of DuPage Co Airport

Forgot to mention that you have to take off the chrome tin on each side to access.

Thank you SO much! It worked! I never thought to look inside the fender. Sure appreciate your response!

I miss my Ballabio -- a V11as you point out -- to this day, but, inasmuch as my Guzzi disease began with a '98 EV (in the "hotdog & mustard" most comely and faster version :giggle:), the OP was only a smidgeon off. As I understand it, the proper nomenclature for EV's is "V11 EV."

BTW, our daughter and her daughter are in Tuscany for a few days. Tell them hello of you see them! ;)

Best wishes from the top of Virginia where you are always welcome,

Bill

I would have to say the EV is the real V11, said so on the sidecover 2yrs before V11 series came out. We got our 98 models in summer of 97. Road the Spiney in 99 at the dealers meeting and thought it felt odd compared to my 84 LM3.

Thank you SO much! It worked! I never thought to look inside the fender. Sure appreciate your response!

Your post was perfectly timed.

Not because I wanted to swap the OEM saddle, as I am one of the few EV -- and, it seems, especially '98 EV -- owners who actually likes the OEM seat and seriously dislikes the looks, at least, of all the after-market ones I've seen. Obviously, it's your gluteus maximus that decides. :giggle:

i-cPxg6t4-M.jpg

I edited this post because I forgot to say why the timing was great. Doh.

My EV’s tail light assembly has finally called it quits. This after any number of jury-rigged popsicle sticks, electrical tape, cable ties, etc., that just didn’t get the job done after all these years.

Anyway, I’m glad you asked and Steve chimed in because I was having difficulty figuring out how to route the wiring cable from the tail light back in through behind the computer and to wire it up. The rear seat had me puzzled until I read what Steve wrote.

It seems that the sidecovers with V11 were for export models, in Italy they just read "California", or "California EV" mainly for touring models, since 1997.

You are likely right that those side covers that Steve mentioned were for export. That said, I think that Steve referred to those more as an illustration than as dispositive proof that the California EV of 1998 and beyond were "V 11's."

That said, it is my understanding that the official Moto Guzzi nomenclature for the 1998 + EV model was V11 EV.

Here, BTW, is my own EV without (thankfully) the large red "meatball" of the earlier ones.

i-WvV5RV8-L.jpg

Best,

Bill

Last edited:
Back