Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

1999 Guzzi California 1100 trans problem

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by James Madigan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. James Madigan

James Madigan Just got it firing! GT Contributor

The coupling on the splined transmission shaft came off when i was upshifting by hand to do a valve adjustment.Now i don't know where to position the coupling onto the splined shaft.Does anyone know of a way to get it slid on in the right position clockwise?

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I think you mean the part that attaches to the shift pawl. With the bike on the center stand, it should be parallel to the ground with the pawl in the centered position, or 9 o'clock when looking at the gearbox from the rear of the bike. I'm not sure how it could come off unless the bolt that clamps it to the shaft is missing.

3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

At some point in late 90's early 2K's Guzzi changed from a hex head bolt to an allen head. Most were loose & fell out. No fun to tighten up or check, long allen from underneath or try to work around swingarm. They were all like that by 02.
    Put in a hex head 6mm x 1.

4. James Madigan

James Madigan Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I would not be looking at that connection from the rear of the bike i would be looking from the front, in that case what is the clock positon. Thanks

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Think, what is 180 degrees from 9 o'clock?