• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1999 Husky TC610 Supermoto Project

cjlewis610

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey all,

This project has been sitting for over 5 years now and I am getting motivated to see what I am dealing with. It's a 99 TC610 that was converted to supermoto. I picked up from Austin from a fellow who bought it off eBay and who had planned to fix it but never got motivated. It had a blown bottom end because of the 4speed TC motor. I had the bottom end rebuilt a few years ago but its been sitting collecting dust due to move, grad school, babies, etc.

I am not much of a mechanic but like to tinker. This is as good as any project so I'll post some progress if I actually make any.

Attachments

• Husky1.JPG
    Husky1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 724
  • Husky2.JPG
    Husky2.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 724
As one of the guys here who also has a SuperMoto (nothing fancy, just a DRZ SM) I say cool bike.
Good luck with it.

Alright, good news tonight. We have spark! This was my biggest concern as the magentoss tend to be problematic. It has the Ducati Energia mag.

Still need to check compression. I just need a 10mm adapter which I'll pick up tomorrow. New rings, so I am pretty optimistic.

Bad news is carb is going to need to be rebuilt which is new territory for me. Anyone know of a good place that rebuilds Dell 'Orto carbs?

Well I managed to check compression and it only got tto about 70psi.The motor has new rings and such so I am hoping that they just haven't had time to seat. Seems pretty low still. I made sure that I had the throttle wide open (no gas connected though). Having spark makes me feel more optimistic though.

I am pulling the carb off tonight and going to take a look. It's going to require a rebuild for certain so I took some advice from Pete off guzzitech and obtained the Dell Orto tuning manual and I found a link on ADVrider with pictures.

Pulled the carb off and it is a PHM40MS. The bike has never ran since I bought it as a project and sat it in the corner of the garage. t was raced in Oregon and the 4speed TC toasted the bottom end. I bought it from a fellow in Austin who bought it off ebay and didn't do much with it. I had the bottom end rebuilt a few years back and recently got it back into the frame.

I thought of having it rebuilt but since it isn't a priority and I really want to learn how to do it, I thought I would spend the time learning. I downloaded the Dell Orto Tuning Manual and reading it now before digging too much deeper. I just need to order rebuild kit and keep reading and documenting so I don't muck it up when I get started.

Attachments

• Carb3.JPG
    Carb3.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 627
  • PHM40MS.JPG
    PHM40MS.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 627
Back