• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2 Small Changes = A Much Nicer Ride

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Hi All;

I made two changes today and wanted to share them as they made a very nice improvement to my bike.

The first is that I fitter an adjustable brake lever from Pazzo, I went with the full length lever (not the shorty) and it has made braking a much nicer experience. Fits my hand better and I am able to have it closer to the bar so can reach it without having to stretch my hand anymore. It also makes the front brake more sensitive and easier to modulate. And it looks great. Highly recommended.

The second change cost nothing, I simply tightened up the throttle cable to get rid of the excess that was there. Now the throttle is nice and taught, the twist grip does not have extra play and the use is much better. Before when I would get off the throttle too much it would really cause the engine to decelerate hard, now it is much more gradual and controllable.

With just these two changes I am much more comfortable and confidant with Silky.

Maya

I had a similar experience yesterday. I had never checked the adjustment on my front forks since I bought my Norge last summer. Well yesterday I did. They forks were set fully open. I turned them in 3 turns to the stock setting. On my first ride I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. The handling on the ultra rough roads around here has been transformed from choppy to floating solidly and the corning in much more planted as well. It was a great, great day for motorbike riding!

Glad to hear that worked out so well for you. I wish my bike had adjustable forks. That is the next major expense, putting in a Matris adjustable fork kit.

Glad to hear that worked out so well for you. I wish my bike had adjustable forks. That is the next major expense, putting in a Matris adjustable fork kit.
I just did that recently. You won't believe the difference. I know they're expensive, don't overlook doing the rear too. Both ends of mine now done and I love it. Take advice from Todd (or others if you wish) and order your suspension with the correct spring rates for your weight and riding style.

I just did that recently. You won't believe the difference. I know they're expensive, don't overlook doing the rear too. Both ends of mine now done and I love it. Take advice from Todd (or others if you wish) and order your suspension with the correct spring rates for your weight and riding style.
Nice, what did you put on the back end?

The fit of levers and such is always a significant thing to work on when configuring a bike. I have large hands .. the stock V7III levers fit my hands very well in terms of reach and leverage. I consider an alternative lever set purely because I think I'd prefer a shorty ... I can generate enough braking force with just two fingers to engage the ABS system, and the clutch on the V7III is so light I don't need a full handed grip to manage it at a stop light.

While Racer performs satisfactorily for a stock machine off the showroom floor suspension-wise, the suspension isn't up to the quality of the frame and engine. The bike already has Öhlins rear suspension but the spring rates are designed for a rider up to about 190-200 lbs, and I'm a bit bulkier than that. The fork's OEM valving is crude and I'm sure the spring rate is not on the mark for my weight too. Add to that the fact that I find the OEM Pirelli tires are not particularly great and don't inspire much confidence when pushed...

This is why I'm riding down to Todd's shop on Friday to fit the Matris fork cartridges, uprated rear springs, and Kineo wheels with tubeless Conti RA3s. The new wheels and tires will toss a good bit of unsprung weight. We'll adjust for sag and get a first cut at damping adjustments right then. Racer will be a different bike on the way home... :D

This is why I'm riding down to Todd's shop on Friday to fit the Matris fork cartridges, uprated rear springs, and Kineo wheels with tubeless Conti RA3s. The new wheels and tires will toss a good bit of unsprung weight. We'll adjust for sag and get a first cut at damping adjustments right then. Racer will be a different bike on the way home... :D

You might as well join in on the V7/V9 ride that I'm putting together on Saturday.
Ride with us on Saturday, and then I'll ride back to Todd's place in Malibu with you after!

You might as well join in on the V7/V9 ride that I'm putting together on Saturday.
Ride with us on Saturday, and then I'll ride back to Todd's place in Malibu with you after!

That would be fun, but I'm already committed for the rest of the weekend. My partner is going to meet up with me in Orange, we're staying over Friday night, and then Saturday is "get back to Santa Clara" day because we both have commitments for Sunday and Monday. It was hard to schedule this work too far in advance because it was dependent upon when the parts and such would arrive at the shop as well as fitted in and around other events we have planned throughout the Spring as well. Because of that, I had to fit it in on a minimal time schedule.

My next target is to try to make the MGNOC rally in Washington...

That would be fun, but I'm already committed for the rest of the weekend. My partner is going to meet up with me in Orange, we're staying over Friday night, and then Saturday is "get back to Santa Clara" day because we both have commitments for Sunday and Monday. It was hard to schedule this work too far in advance because it was dependent upon when the parts and such would arrive at the shop as well as fitted in and around other events we have planned throughout the Spring as well. Because of that, I had to fit it in on a minimal time schedule.

Whirlwind schedule!
That's too bad. Would have been great to have you along.
Always nice to meet fellow Guzzizstas

Back