• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2001 California Jackal Buggernation

Guzzista_Joe

Just got it firing!
I've been having a bit of a 'mare with my Jackal recently. I have also found the throttle return cable is snapped so I ordered a new one from Motomecca.

The cable they sent me was too short, and the thread (where it screws into the switchgear housing on the handlebar) is too narrow of diameter. Motomecca said they would look into it.

I then ordered a replacement from Corsa Italiana and the next day I had the cable at home. This time, the cable is the correct length but the diameter of the thread is still too narrow. I took a pic to demonstrate what I mean...

cable001.jpg

The way I see it, there are two possibilities, either some weird crap is going on with the stock of throttle cables or the switchgear is not the correct one for the Jackal...

...anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

The return cable is the same part number as the throttle cable. The parts list shows P/N 03 11 75 45. If you are receiving a different part number, that could be a problem, or the supplier is making them incorrectly.

I'll send TXTodd to this thread... what could be happening, is that the old part number is being superseded by a newer one, in which the newer Calis ('02+) have the metal switchgear housing, and different threads. If this is the case, might be a tough one to resolve.

If you want the newer switchgear, I have both sides HERE. ;)

If you have the original black, plastic switchgear, "pull" cable is 03117530
"push" cable is 03117830

If it has the later metal switchgear, use cable from 02 Stone-- 03117545 x 2

Contact me if you'd like the proper cable; Todd at MPHCycles.com

Thanks fellas! I found out eventually and is as Todd states above. The return cable is the one with the wider nut it seems. Mecca had indeed supplied the incorrect cable as it is too short.

Corsa supplied the correct throttle cable but not the return which is what I need. What I've done is I went to ACE engineering not far from me in Yalding, Kent. Richard there is a bit of a Guzzi nut and he is making me some new cables which I shall be collecting in the next day or so.

Todd, I'll add your site to the "useful websites" page on our site: http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/Useful+Websites

Thanks again guys.

:cheer:

Back