Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

2007 Griso 1100 Won't start

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Atticus, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Atticus

Atticus Just got it firing!

I just bought a 2007 Griso that has been sitting in a garage for the past 4 years and not started. It only has 1000 miles on it. I put a new battery in and changed the oil. All other fluids look good for now. There was a message to enter a code. I did the reset with the two keys and I think that's ok. The little red triangle warning light blinks constantly when the key is off and is on constantly when the key is on. The bike cranks like a champ and if I twist the throttle it cranks a little differently (not sure what that means), but it will not start. I put new high test gas in it. I didn't drain the old gas but there was very little in it. I had to put about 4 gallons in it. It has always sat inside a heated garage.
    What am I missing? Thanks

2. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Congratulations on your Moto Guzzi!

Now, do yourself a favor and don't be a drive-by poster! Become a donating member here, and get access to owners manuals, service manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.

Sorry. You thought wrong. Your immobiliser has been triggered by you doing the wrong thing! You need to READ the Owner's Manual.

You need to reset the codes. Well documented in the owners manual available to download in the DOWNLOADS section, however that is a section open only to those who have contributed to the site. A small donation will get you full access to the site;

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/user-account-upgrade-donations.14025/

BEFORE DOING RESET, MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A FULLY CHARGED AND COMPETENT BATTERY. IF IT IS NOT NEW, GET IT LOAD TESTED, NOT JUST A READING OF THE VOLTAGE ACROSS THE TERMINALS! 95% OF ALL ELECTRICAL AND IMMOBILISER ISSUES ARE RELATED TO POOR BATTERY CONDITIONS. MOTO GUZZIS DO NOT LIKE SUB-STANDARD VOLTAGE!

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 3.12.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 3.13.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 3.13.34 PM.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. Atticus

Atticus Just got it firing!

Thanks for the response. I have the manual and followed the “code recovery” instructions. I’ll try again and will definitely make a donation. I believe I will need further advice.