• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2007 Norge - fairing issue

mylovelyhorse

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
When I went to the Dragon Rally this year I managed to get in and out of the site without a problem, except that a fellow camper "helped" me get the bike backwards from where it was parked up to the track, which involved traversing some deep mud.

Despite my shouting "don't push on the fairing" he gave it a good shove from the nose. I think it has slightly bent the metal mounting frame, evidenced by this little wrinkle by the right hand fixing to the tank:

PygKog6.jpg

Every time I take the fairing apart I worry it will break somehow and won't go back together at all. Nevertheless I think I have to remediate this wrinkle and crack before the bike goes anywhere bumpy. I don't commute to the office more than about once every couple of months so it can stay in the garage and wait for warmer weather but I still think this needs doing at some point in the not too distant future.

My current worries include "will it go back on if I take it off" and "how to find any slight bend to the fairing frame" as well as "how to bend it back to exactly the right shape."

Any suggestions gratefully received

My wife had an unfortunate loose gravel drop a few years ago. I ordered a new fairing and had to make a couple of adjustments to some of the supports. I am not sure if they are still available but I would suggest ordering a new unit. Once you get the new unit find where the brackets are out of adjustment and work them back into shape. If that isn't an option, identify the type of plastic used in the construction and order some plastic welding sticks and try your hand at it. I am sure an autobody place would be able to assist with the final touch ups and painting from there. I feel you have enough "meat" there that is shouldn't be an issue to remove and reinstall it. Just my 2 bits worth.

The fairing is made of ABS.
Go to your nearest model shop and buy a little bottle of Plastic Weld. You need to have that part of the fairing free from the tank, but close the crack and with a dropper or small screwdriver, put some drops of Plastic weld along the crak. It seeps in and will weld both sides together just about as strong as the original. If there is a little space behind you can reinforce it by welding a sheet of ABS (from same model shop) on the back.
Once you take the nose cone off you should be able to see if the sub frame is bent. Since it was bent by just pushing, a good pull the other way will probably straighten it.

You can of course enquire about a new fairing, but I suggest you are sitting down before you ask the price.
They do come up on that online auction site from time to time, might find a better one.

I ordered a new fairing and had to make a couple of adjustments to some of the supports. I am not sure if they are still available but I would suggest ordering a new unit.

Yah, shan't be doing that - the fairing is >£350 just for the nose cone and it's on back order only, similarly the frame (which I suspect is bent) is >£250 and also on back order only.

I'll take it off and see what the damage is soon.

Back