• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2008 Norge "Service" Warning

SeveerNeb

Just got it firing!
Hearty hello to all!

I just acquired a 2008 Norge and am enjoying it very much. However, a while ago a "service" icon came on with the little red light and then shut off upon refueling. Then it came on mid-ride just cruising along. Then it came on when I shut it off in gear accidentally. Then it went off, then it came on, etc.... I can't find any real link to the timing of the icon. Now it is coming on almost every time I start it. So here's what I did: I punched in 28315 (thanks for cluing me in on this) and went into the warning codes and all of the ECU codes had little circles next to them. On the OSB codes 01-06 showed little circles for both A&M columns and 07 showed an X at both A&M, and 08 showed a circle at A and an X at M. I have no idea what any of this means and I am 500 miles from the closest dealership. Can any of you help me out?

Thanks!

A is active, M is memorised.

Couple of things to check - firstly the oil pressure switch which is located in the V between the cylinders has the dickiest spade connector known to man, and sometimes needs to be electrically reconnected (read dodgy connection). Else if the sensor is faulty (some have reported this before) it will need replacement.

This is a good place to start, but getting to the sensor/switch is a right royal PITA - some have been able to access from the L/H side by removing tanks, tupperware and the L/H exhaust header. I always remove the tank and the airbox so I can really get in there.

A mod a carried out was to replace the standard slide on connector with a 1/4' quick connect male lug and a 4mm (I think) screw in the top of the sensor - never had any trouble since. To do this you will need to remove the airbox.

Let us know how you go!

Wow! That was a quick response. Does the 07 and 08 indicate the oil pressure switch module? Or is it just a general fault code? Some of my other bikes assigned a range of codes to a specific fault, for example, codes 01 and 02 to electrical and 03-05 to oil pressure and 06-10 to air flow management, 11-15 cylinder firing sequence, etc.

I also wanted to throw out there it seems like my clutch does not fully disengage even when it is pulled all the way in. There is a quiet but noticeable rubbing sound like brake pads with a bit of dirt stuck in them. Could this be causing the fault mentioned above?

Pretty sure 07 and 08 are oil pressure sensor faults. The same sensor is responsible for both. The switch is checked on startup (when your instruments sweep) and will triangle if not passed. The switch is then there (after your engine starts) to ensure you have sufficient pressure (ie you switch is open, I think). So it provides a dual purpose.

As to the clutch, there is a pin - held in by a small grub screw - in the clutch lever that presses on the master cylinder. Sounds like the grub screw has loosened off (or fallen out) and the pin has "self adjusted". Pull it all apart carefully and see if you can adjust the pin to be further out from the lever, thereby changing the position of the clutch with respect to the lever.
No, this will not cause the first issue. The clutch is a dual plate and rattles around quite noisily when pulled in - the noise is normal, the lever adjustment just needs adjusting...

Great guidance! Thanks! You saved me a 500 mile trip to the closest dealer! To give you an idea of how isolated I am, our DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) didn't even have Moto Guzzi in their database as a motorcycle manufacturer and I had a heck of a time simply registering my bike. You learn to wrench on your own stuff in places like this. It seems I have a solid direction to go from your advice above.
Thanks again!

Look at the top of the page! Specifically the Text Buttons that are hyperlinked.

If you DONATE (See John Zibell's post right under mine here, he gives better instructions for this than I do!) a little something to the forum for operational expenses, you get access to the DOWNLOADS section which has all of the service manual and other documents like wiring diagrams related to most every Moto Guzzi motorcycle, including yours. Also, the Search Forums and general Search functions at the top of the screen, work miracles at finding information about what you are looking for.

For example: A search for "clutch adjustment grub" will bring up a list of forum posts, of which this one is the second on the list, and has pictures to help you out!

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...and-others-better-shifting.14437/#post-103326

Also, the first thing I would check is the condition of your battery. Weak voltage in the battery can cause a multitude of errors to pop up in the ECU.

Please donate and join the GuzziTech Forums as a member. You may have noticed there are no advertisers here. We all believe in supporting the site!

Meanwhile, here are pages 56, 57. 58 of the Norge 1200 Service Manual which goes over the codes you are trying to interpret.

Best Wishes!

Scott

56 57 58

Last edited:
BTW, easiest way to get access to the downloads is to go to your profile and then settings and account upgrade.

Back