• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2010 Rollerized Stelvio

steveoh

Just got it firing!
Contemplating a 2010 Stelvio, very clean, lowish miles. Price maybe high for the age but within affordability.

I know it has the smaller tank. Not NTX, so no crash bars. It does have belly pan / skid plate Not a deal breaker. Comes with factory bags.

Do the newer NTX’s have a larger power band and rev higher? I am used to my (I think it has improved engine) Aprilia just get going past 7,000 RPMs on up to 10.5k. Apples and oranges I know.

Anything else I should consider?

Stephen

Last edited:
In terms of day to day use the only thing is a snatchy throttle response at about 3K rpm which can make slow sped, town commuting, an annoyance, very easy to get remapped. Flush clutch hydraulics once a year as the fluid gets incredibly dirty (bleed line under seat), check suspension linkage and swinging arm have had bearings greased. If it's got spoked wheels they can leak air round the nipples but again there are a number of fixes availiable.
I have a '08 with 54k miles on it, owned for nearly 10 years, and it's needed nothing major doing in the past 6 years, before that it had roller conversion and rear crank gasket fixed but yours should be fine if done already. Will sit all day at 5K rpm (85-90mph) on the autoroute and still play on the mountain passes :)

DSC07823

I put up with snatchy throttle response for many years on my Aprilia Falco. Then I bought a chip from a nice fellow in Italy and that transformed that bike. I suppose remapping a Stelvio would be essential, and relatively easy.

I am furiously chewing on buying this bike.

My 2009 was updated by the dealer with the latest Guzzi map, and has not had any "snatchiness" in the driveline at any RPM.

That was 2017, I think. There may be something newer now but I'm happy with mine.

Lannis

I have installed the GT map for single O2's in this model. Race map is what it was called. At that time we sent it to Todd. Run exellent with some bottom end trim. If you run a pipe it's nice. Now there's a tune box.
No snatchy throttle.

Hi Stephen, curious as to what is the asking price and mileage? Where in CA are you at? I am by inland empire

Hi Stephen, curious as to what is the asking price and mileage? Where in CA are you at? I am by inland empire
Looks like the fellow sold it. Had something like 10k miles and he was asking $7500. I think the price came down to $7k. It was amazingly clean.

Looks like the fellow sold it. Had something like 10k miles and he was asking $7500. I think the price came down to $7k. It was amazingly clean.
I see I bought mine about a month ago for $2.9k with 28k. However, it's still have the flat tappets and I am getting it swapped now. All and all, I will be all in for $5800. Not too bad I say.

Stelvios seem to lanquish for a while and are priced higher than what I think they shoud be. Plus they are not in high demand. Who knows what that one sold for, but it was overpriced IMO. I have been watching them all over the country and Canada for quite a while. In fact mine came from Canada. I drove 300 miles to get it. If you are patient, the right bike will pop up.

People ask me all the time where I find my motorcycles because they are always pristine and great priced. I just wait and watch. They come to me. Cycle Trader works for me!

I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area. I flew to New Mexico and bought my Stelvio and rode a 1,000 miles home. It was bloody cold. Bike ran rough as it had sat on dealer floor for a year. But was clean and a complete oil change and tune up fixed it right up. I’m happy.

Now I highly recommend GTM’s fueling package.

I have had it on my Stelvio for over a decade and it fundamentally changed the motorcycle into pure riding perfection.

Look in the STORE.

Back