Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

2012 griso tenni vibration

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by luca, May 4, 2014.

1. luca

luca Tuned and Synch'ed

Anybody out there have trouble with vibration on the Griso? After even a short trip 1-2 hours my fingers feel numb from the vibration. At sustained highway speed the vibs are really tiring and not pleasant. I'm thinking of a visit to my local Guzzi for a total check-up but maybe some mg guru out there may have helpful suggestions.
    Thanks
    Luca

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Are your throttle bodies synchronized? Out of sync can cause vibration.

3. luca

luca Tuned and Synch'ed

Will definitely check those
    Thanx
    L

4. uzidzit

uzidzit Cruisin' Guzzisti

when you say long trip on highway at what speed...remember the 8v motor really smooths out at about 4500 which is about 75 some odd in sixth (sixth is only really smooth at 80mph plus)

tb sync, valve in adjustment, tps set correct, and a decent fuel map are the key... and keeping the revs up Guzzi 8v motors shake below 4k,

CHECK your engine MOUNT BOLTS any one loose will make the shakes ALOT worse

5. luca

luca Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks uzidzit, that's interesting I was doing some 120-130KM/H (75-85M/H) so in 4000/5000RPM range
    Will spend the weekend in the garage diagnosing as suggested.
    Thanks for your help
    L

6. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

It's worth checking the HT leads and spark plug caps and replacing them with better ones. A friend had trouble with bad vibes from his 8v engine (it was so bad he considered selling the bike!). The local tech couldn't solve it and there were no errors on the dash or diagnostic tool. Eventually he decided to work on it himself and replacing the HT leads etc fixed it!

7. cytocycle

cytocycle Cruisin' Guzzisti

what everyone else has suggested is correct! I replaced my spark plug leads because after the first service they were shorting on the block, the TPS and throttle body balancing totally calmed down the motorcycle.

I also run Progrip 714 which are cheap but now that after 5k miles the engine has really chilled out. on my Griso anything over 3k is smooth.. i don't have to go over 4k on the highway for it to be smooth.

the other thing to check is if you haven't setup your front suspension.. it sucks from the factory you need to adjust it!!!!

8. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Chris, didn't mention (but it's noted in his signature), that fueling and exhaust options make a huge difference in vibration and smoothness, along with wonderfully pleasant throttle transitions. Contact me direct for more info via email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

9. luca

luca Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: 2012 griso tenni vibration - SORTED !

Thank you all for the kind responses and helpful hints. Griso is now cured, eager and able !.
    Our wonderful MG dealer Corsa meccanica in Toronto checked and verified,TB synched, carbs synched (a wee out), latest map, head stock movement good, found front wheel out of alignment a bit and really low on pressure (duh, my fault).
    Took it on a 500 KMs ride yesterday , scenic back roads and high(er) speed highway: what a bike, just like Omobono Tenni would've liked it.

Interesting about the HT leads, I may do that anyway.

Thanx again
    L