• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 Model first glimpse

patrick said:
... a box marked "individual prejudice not worth reading". Even paragons like Pete (not taking the piss, I like the guy) have blind spots.

...and now we all go look for cover!! :lol:

patrick said:
I put Pete's dislike of Calis and small blocks in the same box as comments from those who hate all new Guzzis because Piaggio makes them, a box marked "individual prejudice not worth reading". Even paragons like Pete (not taking the piss, I like the guy) have blind spots.

No so Patrick. My dislike is based on small minded, one-eyed bigotry plain and simple :mrgreen:

Pete

A year ago on Wildguzzi, there was a many, many page post about what constitutes a Guzzi. Every other poster claimed that the V-Twin was the heart of Guzzi.

So here is the new Cali. The focal point of the machine is the V-Twin that is so big it intrudes into the tank. It's like a giant, two headed dong piercing a pale, white ass-shaped tank. It's got a great looking seat and radial Brembo's for crying out loud. Ever see a 600+lb cruiser that will do stoppies?

The press release says it's got 3 valve heads and is 1400cc's.

I wanna buy one and put beach cruiser bars on it. Then I will ride around fantasizing that my arms are wrapping around Jessica Biehl's ass. Her pale, white heart-shaped ass.........mmmmnnnnnnnnn

A larger engine and a still too small fule tank? I have not seen any specs just pictures.

Rock on Pete.

So many comments about how high the motor looks, it's a mock up folks, it's entirely likely to be somewhat out of scale/proportion than even a prototype.

On another bit, I did not see anything in the press release that Identified this motor as a 3 valve? I have seen it bantered around that it is a 3v, also that is was originally and 3v, but switched to 4v to get better oomph!

Let's see now.. I first saw the Norge prototype (not a mockup) in 2000, I think. 6 years later it comes out. :D This *could* be much ado about nothing.
I'm with Pete on the bitching and moaning crowd, though.. :lol:

Here's my take on what I see:

Engine:
It's tall. The heads are liquid-cooled, ala The Big Bore. That accounts for the radiator shroud at the front of the engine. 1400cc. It should put some power to the ground!

Chassis:
It looks new. I'm dying to see the body parts stripped off. Looks to me like a combination of previous Guzzi frame types. No lower rails. Looks like some boxed sections, and it might have a spine. The boxed area just aft of the steering head probably makes room for the top-mounted alternator.

I think it has a hybrid, dual-sided swingarm based on the CARC. I predict a 28-inch seat height and a 63"-64" wheelbase. It's size is now in HD Dyna territory, instead of HD Sportster territory.

Forks look beefy, though I can't tell if they're bigger than the current 45mm versions. 50mm would rock! So, too, the radial-mount brakes, but I bet those don't see production.

Wheels/Tires:
130/70 R 18 M/C 63H on the front.
200/60 R 16 M/C 79V TL on the rear.
The cast spokes look great! Though, the cruiser sizes would not be MY first choice. ME880s are available in that size, and I'd probably be running them on a Cali, anyway...

Body:
The tank is wide. I'm betting 6-gallons. Looks like it has a dash and that's probably where the tach resides. The cutouts are cool and have been done various times in history on motorcycles. Very unusual to look at today, but I think they are OK.
Front fender looks nice. Good shape. Nice creases.
Rear fender has me worried. I'm a bit of a luddite regarding tail lights, and I hope it doesn't have something like the Victory vision. A regular tail light with licence plate mount below it would work best for me. Shape looks OK from this photo.
I really like what looks to be a single, oversized speedo on the upper clamp. Triumph did it with the Speedmaster and I loved that look. It's something seen on lots of '40s and '50s bikes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more pics. I know things can change from pre-production to showroom. The Centauro, the V11 Sport, the V7C all changed noticeably as they were refined for production, not that there's anything wrong with that.

So, it needs bags. I hope they have something cool in mind. If not, maybe Corbin could make some Beetle Bags for it! It could use an optional fairing, for those so inclined. I wonder what the H&H would look like here? And the biggie: The factory towing option... They really need a factory towing package!!! :evil:

The biggest downer is that it's no longer based on a sports bike, like the Tonti California. It's being firmly repositioned into the "touring-cruiser" niche. Could be good, but I'll miss the connection with the past and with the racetrack... The new customers won't care, though, so I hope they sell boatloads of 'em!!!

Chuck in Indiana said:
Let's see now.. I first saw the Norge prototype (not a mockup) in 2000, I think. 6 years later it comes out. :D This *could* be much ado about nothing.
I'm with Pete on the bitching and moaning crowd, though.. :lol:

That was the V11GT. It was based on the spine frame. It would've been a sweet machine! Looked a lot like an R11RT, though, and died about the time Aprilia took over...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Moto-Guzzi- ... 11gt_2.jpg

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Moto-Guzzi- ... 11gt_1.jpg

:!:

Back